RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Baz (NZ)

(The) Bostonian (NZ)

27 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Don't you mean "the best sprinter in Australia" to have never won a Group 1 race? Or the best sprinter in Australia to have only won one group race in his whole career. Even Hay List managed at least three Group 1 wins despite having to content with Black Caviar for most of his career.

The logic of your statement "what would Osborne Bulls do to the fields Melody Belle has won?" is totally bewildering. The last two Group 1 races Bostonian had in NZ he was beaten by, surprise, surprise, Melody Belle. She also finished ahead of him in the Railway. The only time she finished behind him all season was when they were both out of the money in the Telegraph.

Surely based on that form and your tenuous grasp of logic Melody Belle would leave an Aussie who has managed one Group 2 win in his whole career, and been beaten by a NZ horse she can beat for fun, eating her dust.

I’m quoting Craig Williams verbatim and I’d respect his opinion over a no name like you any day of the week. :)

https://www.racenet.com.au/news/osborne-is-the-best-there-currently-is---and-that-s-no-bull-20190218

7 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I am certainly no Melody Belle cheerleader. I was never a particularly big fan, but when is the last time we have had a horse in NZ who has achieved what she achieved this season. Starting with a Group 2 win over 1,200m on a soft track, then reeling off five group 1 wins from 1,400m to 2,000m on Good to Heavy tracks shows amazing versatility and class. The poor bloody thing only struck two good tracks all season and not a single dead track. All but one of her wins had to come on soft and heavy tracks. As a 3yo she ran 1.09 on a good track, and as a 2yo she won the Karaka Millions, so just imagine what she might have done this season on decent tracks. If anything the wet tracks she struck should have given the others a chance.

So in conclusion, this discussion about "what if" Bostonian wins the the Stradbroke would have to be the silliest conversation I have seen on here for ages, with the exception of the three recent "train wreck" threads of course.

Are you referring to the 3 most popular threads on racecafe recently which I started?

Are you jealous you’re not as popular as me because you don’t have the intelligence, wit and charisma to generate the wide appeal that I do? :)

4 minutes ago, Steve C said:

Are you referring to the 3 most popular threads on racecafe recently which I started?

Are you jealous you’re not as popular as me because you don’t have the intelligence, wit and charisma to generate the wide appeal that I do? :)

Wow you really do live in another world...so delusional...i would far rather have a poster like We're Doomed who tells the truth and does not try to make himself out to be someone he is not over you any day of the week. So please dont try to stir trouble with another forum member... you know how bad a beating you copped last time you tried.....:rcf-laughing-3:

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

Its the way you also go personal...you can't help yourself.

We’re Doomed is personal with me all the time Leigh. Go and read his threads, ditto Leo Molloy.

It’s ok for them to go personal on me but not vice versa.

Has Molloy threatened you?

Edited by scooby3051
Nonsense as usual.

10 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Wow you really do live in another world...so delusional...i would far rather have a poster like We're Doomed who tells the truth and does not try to make himself out to be someone he is not over you any day of the week. So please dont try to stir trouble with another forum member... you know how bad a beating you copped last time you tried.....:rcf-laughing-3:

You certainly don't have to worry about me getting into any debate with the man with the multiple identities. I always thought he was a bit strange, but he has certainly gone to a new level lately. I used to think he may be "taking the piss" a bit, but I do believe he is totally genuine. I stopped reading the train wreck threads so I have no idea if he ever posted the selfie with p4p last weekend.

And he may well be right, Osborne may be the best sprinter in Aussie, and he has just been beaten by Bostonian, who is clearly inferior to Melody Belle, so how good does that make her?

24 minutes ago, Steve C said:

What I may lack in "intelligence, wit and charisma" I more than make up for in good looks.

5 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

You certainly don't have to worry about me getting into any debate with the man with the multiple identities. I always thought he was a bit strange, but he has certainly gone to a new level lately. I used to think he may be "taking the piss" a bit, but I do believe he is totally genuine. I stopped reading the train wreck threads so I have no idea if he ever posted the selfie with p4p last weekend.

And he may well be right, Osborne may be the best sprinter in Aussie, and he has just been beaten by Bostonian, who is clearly inferior to Melody Belle, so how good does that make her?

“I always thought he was a bit strange.”

Again We’re Doomed gets personal with me and you allow it. 

Proof that you are clearly not fair and balanced Leigh. 

Getting back to the thread at hand and keeping the personal attacks out, the conversation was about Melody Belle and her HOTY prospects - which at the moment seem to be “in the bag”. But if The Bostonian does the double by winning the Stradbroke (bear in mind he’s 15/1 in the betting for the Straddie) then he would have to come into consideration for NZ Sprinter and also HOTY. Not many do the double. Just an opinion :) 

1 hour ago, Steve C said:

“I always thought he was a bit strange.”

Again We’re Doomed gets personal with me and you allow it. 

Proof that you are clearly not fair and balanced Leigh. 

No I think I am fair and reasonable...but you have stepped over the line way to many times...and I think he is completely correct...100%.

1 hour ago, Steve C said:

We’re Doomed is personal with me all the time Leigh. Go and read his threads, ditto Leo Molloy.

It’s ok for them to go personal on me but not vice versa.

Has Molloy threatened you?

No he was not getting personal at all..he was stating a fact...you are strange...no why would Leo want to threaten me...its you who is liberal when it comes to the truth...and I never posted the pic of your so called bank account as 1 I said no more pics from you as you have a ton cluttering up the site now...and 2 there was no way to verify it was yours as you have so many identities how would anyone know who you really are.

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

What I may lack in "intelligence, wit and charisma" I more than make up for in good looks.

...and what you 'make up for' in self-professed good looks is easily offset by the fact that you are a total prat.

30 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

No he was not getting personal at all..he was stating a fact...you are strange...no why would Leo want to threaten me...its you who is liberal when it comes to the truth...and I never posted the pic of your so called bank account as 1 I said no more pics from you as you have a ton cluttering up the site now...and 2 there was no way to verify it was yours as you have so many identities how would anyone know who you really are.

Righto. 

So you choose to post the screenshot of my personal bank account of 14K without my name on it and you choose not to post the screenshot of my personal bank account with my name on it?

You make no sense Leigh. 

48 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

No it got through I made a mistake...wait I will fix that up too. Actually what is your name...so many in here hard to remember....:rolleyes:

Same name that’s on my boarding pass in the True Story thread ;)

Hi Scooby I have followed your site for a long time And thought I would join and talk about  horses and things and contribute to be part of it .But it seems as much as we like to talk this Steve C or what ever comes in with his venomous and horrible name calling or as us old soldiers call bullying.The way things have been heading I think there will be fewer contributors  which is sad. As Im sure we like talk about horses and enjoy peoples opinion but this person is a legion in his own lunch time and anyone who puts a selfie on with  Veitch should not be allowed on this site.As much as you try to be diplomatic and fair Scooby he seems to think he can say what he likes I hope and Im sure others would like to get back to the way it was .Thats all Ive got to say about that

15 minutes ago, Boss Hogg said:

Hi Scooby I have followed your site for a long time And thought I would join and talk about  horses and things and contribute to be part of it .But it seems as much as we like to talk this Steve C or what ever comes in with his venomous and horrible name calling or as us old soldiers call bullying.The way things have been heading I think there will be fewer contributors  which is sad. As Im sure we like talk about horses and enjoy peoples opinion but this person is a legion in his own lunch time and anyone who puts a selfie on with  Veitch should not be allowed on this site.As much as you try to be diplomatic and fair Scooby he seems to think he can say what he likes I hope and Im sure others would like to get back to the way it was .Thats all Ive got to say about that

Thank you sir...I am also at the end of the road with him...he has a hide a thick as a Rhino and yes there are a few who also feel like you that have Private Messaged me too.He has been placed in the moderation due and I will see what he tries to post of the next few days and decide where he goes from there..I will take you suggestion on board though thanks for the input, cheers.

Interestingly, MB has started in the two main (recognised by many) G1 Sprints in NZ, The Ellerslie Railway and The Trentham Telegraph, finishing 3rd in the Railway and then near the rear in The Telegraph. The Otaki G1 is really a G3 and the Royal Stakes could hardly be regarded as a genuine G1. In the past, she has failed in 2 Australian runs. So although she’s competitive in NZ and is fave for HOTY, I really think a Straddie win by The Bostonian will cause the judges to have a good think about it. He would certainly win Sprinter of the Year. If he doesn’t win the Stradbroke then I think MB gets the nod for HOTY. (JMHO)

Yeah I would still have Melody Belle ahead, but we all know all G1's aren't equal, and a G1 $800,000 win over top sprinters like Osborne Bulls and Nature Strip is miles above any NZ G1. 

Although for NZ racing's sake it would be better to give it to her and acknowledge her efforts at home. 

For HOTY I think another factor should be considered: a horse's ability to capture the imagination of the public. MB is streets ahead of TB in that regard as well. Winning one Group 1 sprint in Queensland isn't enough IMO for The Bostonian to leap ahead of Melody Belle for HOTY. He won very narrowly off a perfect trip and rails run. And several of the best Oz sprinters not there..incl dual Everest winner Redzel, Santa Ana Lane etc. I'm very pleased to see TB win for NZ in Qsld, just don't think we should get ahead of ourselves.