RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Baz (NZ)

(The) Bostonian (NZ)

How good was that !! :rcf-shocked-5:

(The) Bostonian (NZ) beating some of Australia's best sprinters in the Doomben 10000. :rcf-in-love:

By multiple Group One winner Jimmy Choux who was recently sold to Western Australia has now sired his first Group One winner!

Doesn't this always happen? When a Sire dies or is exported.... the progeny decide to run a lot faster! :rcf-laughing-2:

Come in pogo (Aus) :rcf-monkey-2:

I had a $10 Win multi:  FELAAR $10 x Qafila $20 x The Bostonian $40 to win $80k :( just for an interest. But didn’t back them individually! Silly. I’ll get even over the Qld carnival though! 

2 hours ago, Trump said:

I had a $10 Win multi:  FELAAR $10 x Qafila $20 x The Bostonian $40 to win $80k :( just for an interest. But didn’t back them individually! Silly. I’ll get even over the Qld carnival though! 

We’ve all been there Trumpy, I placed 6 Dishlickers one day in an all up and they all won, the first one at 10-1 :rcfe-laughing: $254 off the place:rcf-sad-2:  Nice run Felaar I bet the stopper almost sh%# himself :rcf-shocked-4:

1 hour ago, Craig hitchcock said:

Should The Bostonian be horse of the year over melody belle given winning a group 1 race in Australia?

Hahaha what a joke... I see you joined just to stir maybe????Good on them for winning the Group1 but if she does not win HOTY ...with what she did this season...then its not fair JMO.

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

Hahaha what a joke... I see you joined just to stir maybe????Good on them for winning the Group1 but if she does not win HOTY ...with what she did this season...then its not fair JMO.

To be fair though , it's a big if i know but if he won the Stradbroke would it be so cut and dried. Iam in no way knocking MB or saying she dont deserve hoty  but it's a fact a Group 1 in OZ is a higher standard and if he comes away with two in three weeks it's pretty good and at least he would have to be discussed as a possible hoty . That was no mug field yesterday . 

1 minute ago, Trump said:

Imho, The Bostonian May have won the Doomben10,000 but his form during the season does not warrant him being HOTY. However, if he “wins” the Stradbroke, then all bets are off. He should win the HOTY in NZ. 

Thought same thing at same time .

44 minutes ago, Trump said:

Imho, The Bostonian May have won the Doomben10,000 but his form during the season does not warrant him being HOTY. However, if he “wins” the Stradbroke, then all bets are off. He should win the HOTY in NZ. 

Nope dont agree sorry...she won 5..1400 to 2000m thats a bloody good year. It would be a tragedy if she did not win it...she totally deserves it.

9 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Nope dont agree sorry...she won 5..1400 to 2000m thats a bloody good year. It would be a tragedy if she did not win it...she totally deserves it.

If a NZ tennis player won Wimbledon and the other the NZ Open, the Wellington Open, the Temuka Open, the Dunedin Classic and the Hamilton Classic, which  should receive the ultimate accolade?

26 minutes ago, Berri said:

If a NZ tennis player won Wimbledon and the other the NZ Open, the Wellington Open, the Temuka Open, the Dunedin Classic and the Hamilton Classic, which  should receive the ultimate accolade?

Come on Berri a Brisbane Group 1 is not like winning one of the majors...thats a stretch.

IF is a big word...but she has done everything asked of her this season...and before the TA haters jump on me no they do not have any interest in the site I just happen to think she deserves it...and that TA do a fantastic job for the NZ industry...if I had one good enough it would be with them...JMO

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

Come on Berri a Brisbane Group 1 is not like winning one of the majors...thats a stretch.

Correct Scoobs - but it’s a long way in front of a NZ G1 eh? The Straddie is even further in front. No contest. At the moment though, MB has her nose in front. A Straddie win by The Bostonian would then bring politics into the decision. 

Relying totally on memory, I can't recall any NZ horse who has won HOTY purely because of their deeds at the Queensland winter carnival. I suspect Rough Habit would have won HOTY the year he won the Stradbroke and Doomben Cup, but he was going so well that year that he probably won Group Ones in NZ and elsewhere in Australia that season as well. I can't see anyone getting near Melody Belle this year to be honest.

Very few horses have won the 10,000/Stradbroke double even though many have tried.  If TB wins the Straddie then he will be in elite company. No amount of G1 wins in NZ would compare (imho).

35 minutes ago, Trump said:

Very few horses have won the 10,000/Stradbroke double even though many have tried.  If TB wins the Straddie then he will be in elite company. No amount of G1 wins in NZ would compare (imho).

Agreed Ernie. This horse has just beaten the best sprinter in Australia (Craig Williams words not mine). Osborne Bulls has finished runner up in 4 Group 1’s (Lightning, Newmarket, TJ Smith and All Aged Stakes).

If it wins the Straddie it must win NZ Horse of the year surely?

What would Osborne Bulls do to the fields Melody Belle has won? :ph34r:

How can he be the best sprinter In Australia if he keeps getting beaten.....Does not make sense....what he seems to me is always good enough to find one better than him.

SC he would never do anything to the horses MB beat as he never races over those distances...:rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, Steve C said:

Agreed Ernie. This horse has just beaten the best sprinter in Australia (Craig Williams words not mine). Osborne Bulls has finished runner up in 4 Group 1’s (Lightning, Newmarket, TJ Smith and All Aged Stakes).

Don’t forget his Everest run...

59 minutes ago, Steve C said:

Don't you mean "the best sprinter in Australia" to have never won a Group 1 race? Or the best sprinter in Australia to have only won one group race in his whole career. Even Hay List managed at least three Group 1 wins despite having to content with Black Caviar for most of his career.

The logic of your statement "what would Osborne Bulls do to the fields Melody Belle has won?" is totally bewildering. The last two Group 1 races Bostonian had in NZ he was beaten by, surprise, surprise, Melody Belle. She also finished ahead of him in the Railway. The only time she finished behind him all season was when they were both out of the money in the Telegraph.

Surely based on that form and your tenuous grasp of logic Melody Belle would leave an Aussie who has managed one Group 2 win in his whole career, and been beaten by a NZ horse she can beat for fun, eating her dust.

I am certainly no Melody Belle cheerleader. I was never a particularly big fan, but when is the last time we have had a horse in NZ who has achieved what she achieved this season. Starting with a Group 2 win over 1,200m on a soft track, then reeling off five group 1 wins from 1,400m to 2,000m on Good to Heavy tracks shows amazing versatility and class. The poor bloody thing only struck two good tracks all season and not a single dead track. All but one of her wins had to come on soft and heavy tracks. As a 3yo she ran 1.09 on a good track, and as a 2yo she won the Karaka Millions, so just imagine what she might have done this season on decent tracks. If anything the wet tracks she struck should have given the others a chance.

So in conclusion, this discussion about "what if" Bostonian wins the the Stradbroke would have to be the silliest conversation I have seen on here for ages, with the exception of the three recent "train wreck" threads of course.