poundforpound

Felaar was ok

75 posts in this topic

He went ok considering the state of the track.

Still a work in progress but worth giving him one more run on the tour I thought.

Little Mick Dee liked him but did say he couldn’t quicken on that sticky track.

It’s obvious he’s some way off the top handicappers, but we’re very patient and he’ll improve one day.

Over to you experts...your thoughts please 

Ekraars normally like the sting out Leo as you probably well know , and plenty of reasons to suggest most track states should suit? Just a matter of getting to the track at peak ...easier said than done:rcfe-happy-2:

Read a few months ago Hayes had a bit of time for Alfarris , that horse won and placed in very competitive Goodwood and York festival meeting handicaps last year  . Felaar ran him very close at levels , why bring horse back here when he is  competitive in these mid range Saturday handicaps over there running for big dollars . Save the plane fare and run for very good money .

We’re very patient RR and we like to be close to the action so he’ll be coming home after one more start, despite an approach from a top Australian stable to keep him there and they’d train him for nothing 

I just hope we get decent ground for the Ramsden in a fortnight.

I thought it was a very honest run because he was still fighting through the line and not giving up. If he were mine (which he is not) I would send him to Qld and put him in some of the $200k-$250k Cups Races over 2200m - 3000m. 

On 5/12/2019 at 4:06 PM, Trump said:

I thought it was a very honest run because he was still fighting through the line and not giving up. If he were mine (which he is not) I would send him to Qld and put him in some of the $200k-$250k Cups Races over 2200m - 3000m. 

I don't think he's fast enough; would be nice to be wrong.

9 hours ago, poundforpound said:

He’s not a WFA horse so he’d have no chance, that’s why I’m not going over :) 

Worth a bit of loose change at 40s and 10s ? Not quite the 100 that was available few weeks back but not worse ew value bet I've ever seen. I still think Alfarris got bit of improvement to come . Good luck anyway .

2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Worth a bit of loose change at 40s and 10s ? Not quite the 100 that was available few weeks back but not worse ew value bet I've ever seen. I still think Alfarris got bit of improvement to come . Good luck anyway .

WFA changes things RR....horses like Eastender and Surprise Baby are much better placed...others go up a lot in weight inc. Alfarris.

8 hours ago, poundforpound said:

I think a different type of horse wins at WFA...he doesn’t strike me as that type of horse ......yet.....

Good luck tomorrow. I think Felaar is up against it under those conditions (WFA and weather likely to be unhelpful for him). Hopefully a tough 2800m on a wet track doesnt knock him  around too much. You'll find out how big his ticker is!

2 hours ago, pogo(aus) said:

Better than a 2.5% winning chance though ?

:rcf-thinking-1:

imagine if the unthinkable happened .

Unthinkable indeed......the miniature maestro indulging in an unbridled rant with a microphone is indeed unthinkable .......I’m sure drug dealers, criminals, cobalt, under arm bowlers, Izzy Folau, ball tampering ( not George Pell style, more David Warner ), Bill Shorten, they’ll all get a mention........so much raw material in this cradle of crime & corruption.......

What trainer doesn't like his horse's chances? "Awww....if he gets a soft run he can......" They're never going to say he hasn't got a show or it's not his kind of race, or pretty soon he's not the trainer any more.

I have no info on how much rain fell at Flem today but tomorrow os forecast to be wetter! Wouldnt back Felaar on the likely circumstances for the race but wish connections all the best. Funny things happen in racing.