RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Chestnut

RESULTS THREAD : AUSTRALASIAN RACING AUTUMN PAIRS COMP : SATURDAY 11 MAY

scoobie  : I like the Format:The Red Haired Chestnut deserves a NZ Racing Media award at The Annual Thoroughbred Awards Evening.

It was Terrific to be  in touch with so many competition entrants.by PM's...... people ( with real Identities and amazing backgrounds/ experience in Thoroughbred Racing .

People with out an agenda.).

I was lucky to be  paired with Racing Jimmy:  An off shore RCafe member with great humour and knowledge. Our strategy didn't work this time.

The many  PM's I received since  Leigh's Thursday Draw indicated that there was  a hell of a lot of interest , interaction and bullshit going on.!

Congrats to  the winners   The Paw & Lyn Zim .Bloody great performance.

Calligraphy was my Cat Walk charity bet today  from a recent Race Cafe competition.Follow her.

Cheers scoobie and Chestnut. 

Rev

Well done Paw and Zimmy:rcfe-money: 

And as always brilliantly run comp, the 1 ew format always gives most a chance right down to the last race...just a thought and will take a little more effort ,but what if that bet represented a loss on the other side of the ledger ??? This will make it tough for those who rely on getting one result in a day to compete( I have benefitted doing this in the past ,so no sour grapes)   So if I take two $50/$10 shots and the favs run 1-2-3 I lose $120 (points )if one places at $10 I lose a total of $50 ( you get benefit for a finishing position)  This will almost certainly make people a little more selective ...a bit tough? :rcf-kiss:

The comps are great fun. I like how they are run and you can track your progress (or lack thereof!) through the day. 

On the topic of suggestions you could just allocate people an imaginary $50 to 'spend' on their choice of 10 races....? That would mimic more closely how most people bet, I think. So perhaps people have to have at least 5 bets, totalling $50, to enter. 

Just a thought. 

But I do appreciate the effort that goes into it all. 

Yes the dollar based comps throw up the chance to pick one winner and win. Same rule for everyone so anyone can grab a roughie. Just gotta be shrewd enough to spot the roughie. I suppose The Bostonian looked good to some people based on his good form in the north last year. Well planned raid by Pike. 

1 hour ago, Seddon said:

Great competition. Always knew that even though we lead most of the day that if a 40-1 shot won the last couple of races we would be toast. Half a head and it changed the scoreboard by about $55. Oh dear, how sad, too bad. 

Not to mention the underrated 3yo filly, if you had the Thames straight you were home but had Dubai instead:rcfe-happy-2:  https://youtu.be/nfn-dLDSDZQ

4 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

I think this type of format can create a ton of banter amongst team mates and other teams...thats the thing with PJ's comp it creates a lot of team spirit..this type of comp Chestnut thought up also can do this I believe.....thanks Chestnut it was a great idea this comp.

Not just a great idea but brilliantly executed:rcfe-star: