RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
crustyngrizzly

English Football

Leeds,Villa,Derby and Wolves all remembered with fondness especially Derby and Charlie George and Leeds with Bremner(i think).

Sunday midday staple viewing in years gone by.

35 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Championship playoffs will be interesting Crusty, some serious old teams there

Aston Villa v West Brom - there's derby for you. Look forward to one of them getting through...6 pointer for Wolves next season....;)

Leeds v Derby

Looks like Villa v Leeds Final to me.

Something seriously wrong here...

This useless pr**k sits on £500k a week while the poor buggers down at Bolton still have not been paid and are relying on a foodbank...!?

Talk about the "haves" and "have nots".......:rcf-angry-2:

IMG_3956.JPG

Seems obscene to read what some of these players are paid.

Mind you having said that,i must say that the EPL ranks up there with the NFL,NBA.MBL and the NHL as truly professionaly administered sports.

The best players all in the same competitions no matter where they come from.

I presume the mickey doolans won the Scottish league.

I thought the FA Cup result was a terrible result for English football. Top team wins - fair enough; but 6 -0 over the team that finished 11th in Premier League. It's way too one sided. This is after Man City and Liverpool went through the season with only a couple of losses each, The gap between the top few and the rest is huge. Maybe it's time for a European League?

No different imo to club rugby scores every week.

This week 2 scores in the late 60s and the previous week similar as well as a couple of 80s earlier and thats the premier division.

IMO Man City and Liverpool are a class above the other sides but who knows next year it could be some other team.

1 hour ago, Uriah Heap said:

I thought the FA Cup result was a terrible result for English football. Top team wins - fair enough; but 6 -0 over the team that finished 11th in Premier League. It's way too one sided. This is after Man City and Liverpool went through the season with only a couple of losses each, The gap between the top few and the rest is huge. Maybe it's time for a European League?

Can't believe my lot lost to Watford in the Semi. We would have given City a much better game than that debacle. You are right though UH, City and Liverpool are way ahead of the rest, United in decline, Spurs have done brilliantly given their problems, Chelsea have Abramovich banned and wanting out, and a transfer embargo to boot, while Arsenal are too inconsistent to challenge. Will be interesting to see what happens in the transfer market in the Summer, who buys who and who they let go.

Wolves might just improve again next season, but need another three or four quality players now they are in Europe....:rcfe-like:

That Europe is a double edged sword for teams like Wolves. Great to get an international game or two at home. However, it means quite a few games early on in season and  I reckon it takes a bit out of the teams who don't have the depth. 

That Europe is a double edged sword for teams like Wolves. Great to get an international game or two at home. However, it means quite a few games early on in season and  I reckon it takes a bit out of the teams who don't have the depth. 

Quite right. I would have preferred 8th frankly, just think it is too early for us but you can't argue with what they have done. Nuno prefers to work with a smaller squad supplemented by some very good youngsters in the U23 Academy, but we will need extra quality reinforcements to cope with home and away qualifying games that run every week from July. Burnley suffered this season so hope they have learned.

On 5/16/2019 at 8:45 AM, Ohokaman said:

Pleased for Frankie Lampard this morning, Derby deserved that win, particularly away at Leeds.

Final v Villa should be a cracker.....:rcfe-like:

As a Leeds fan I am disappointed but every cloud has a silver lining because when I go over there in August I will get to see them play. If they were in The Premier League my chances of getting a ticket for Elland Road would be virtually zero.

This year is Leeds centenary which by co incidence is also the centenary as my NZ Club, Stop Out

21 minutes ago, bloke said:

As a Leeds fan I am disappointed but every cloud has a silver lining because when I go over there in August I will get to see them play. If they were in The Premier League my chances of getting a ticket for Elland Road would be virtually zero.

This year is Leeds centenary which by co incidence is also the centenary as my NZ Club, Stop Out

Leeds and Stop Out ???! What did you do to deserve that Blokey ???:rcf-laughing-1:

Remember a few great clashes with Stop Out back in the Raumati days...they were beating us 4-1 at QE Park one day and we ran all over them late in the second half to win 6-4.....good memories.....:rcfe-like:

29 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

that Leeds and Stop Out ???! What did you do to deserve that Blokey ???:rcf-laughing-1:

Remember a few great clashes with Stop Out back in the Raumati days...they were beating us 4-1 at QE Park one day and we ran all over them late in the second half to win 6-4.....good memories.....:rcfe-like:

I recall the Raumati Team in the mid 70s which was probably the best that the club ever fielded but did you beat Stop Out's first team or their reserve team?

I moved to Lower Hutt in the late 80s and when my son was five  I enrolled him at Stop Out. Shortly after the club  was hi jacked by a bunch of undesirables who amongst other things sold the gymnasium and made great inroads into the proceeds. 

I decided to get involved and send the crooks packing. The club suffered on the playing field for some years but came back stronger than ever. Today Stop Out is situated third in Central League and have  wonderful facilties at Hutt Park which consists of 4 playing fields, two large training areas and very good clubrooms. For my sins I am a life member. Our honours board is chocka with famous All Whites such as Wynton & Shane Riufer, Sam Malcolmson, Malcolm Dunford, Barry Pickering, Keith Barton, Steve Boyland and many more names that you will be familiar with. Our most recent All White is Justin Gulley who commenced with Stop Out as a five year old.

That was us...won the Championship that year. Played with and against many of those you name, Malcolm Dunford and Steve Boyland were both in our U16-18 Wellington Rep sides.....had a few games with Steve at Hungaria and a lot of very good players at Mt Wellington.

Raumati won Wellington Div 1 in 1975 and Stop Out was then  in National League so it may have been the second team that you played or did you play them in The pre season tournament?

Malcolm Dunford first played National League for Stop Out in the late 70s as a 16 year old so maybe yu are getting confused with another blonde kid Phil Peters who was a mate of Steve Boyland..

9 minutes ago, bloke said:

Raumati won Wellington Div 1 in 1975 and Stop Out was then  in National League so it may have been the second team that you played or did you play them in The pre season tournament?

Malcolm Dunford first played National League for Stop Out in the late 70s as a 16 year old so maybe yu are getting confused with another blonde kid Phil Peters who was a mate of Steve Boyland..

Might have been Greg Dunford who was in our rep team. Good side that was, Phil Peters, Jeff Adams, Steve Boyland, Jackie Nathu and Paul Cameron, Mike Andrews, Dave Wotherspoon and Gordon Rollinson among others.

My answer for the Corona virus dilemma affecting the English Premier League is -

Call it off for the season. Next season have a 22 team comp, with all current Premier teams plus Leeds and West Brom.

That's of course assuming there will be a "next season"

My answer for the Corona virus dilemma affecting the English Premier League is -

Call it off for the season. Next season have a 22 team comp, with all current Premier teams plus Leeds and West Brom.

That's of course assuming there will be a "next season"

Liverpool fans are crapping themselves, no wonder toilet rolls are disappearing...:lol:

Difficult situation for all and the lesser leagues will really suffer financially. Those in the relegation spots obviously want it called off. Doubtful whether anyone from the Championship will come up either.....there is a meeting of EPL Clubs this week to sort that out.

Hopefully they get back to action, we are still in the top six and in the Europa League last 16 so a lot to play for.

66622EF1-06EC-4850-AC05-F281A49D7DDA.jpeg