RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Red Rum

Nathan Detroit

4 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

That bloody thing RR....followed it for a while, maybe Pam can tell us where that came from.....:rolleyes:

Yes , I have followed it  too. Missed race today and watched it on playback , didn't have cent on .I've always thought it has look of decent horse though  . It will win  a few more I reckon on that run . Good on stable .

Thanks,  yes,  it has been a horrible year for my little stable so his effort was very welcome.

He's been weak physically and mentally, has had a few wee problems,  sweats and fusses - which is why I tripped him to the Coast to help him 'grow up'...and he was steered very averagely too,  I thought over there.

But he is a nice sort,  and is a half to two very useful wet-track stayers I trained a fair while ago..Finian's Rainbow and Celtic Dream.

Just a matter of getting racing into him,  and also the distance/softer going a big help.

1 hour ago, Pam Robson said:

Thanks,  yes,  it has been a horrible year for my little stable so his effort was very welcome.

He's been weak physically and mentally, has had a few wee problems,  sweats and fusses - which is why I tripped him to the Coast to help him 'grow up'...and he was steered very averagely too,  I thought over there.

But he is a nice sort,  and is a half to two very useful wet-track stayers I trained a fair while ago..Finian's Rainbow and Celtic Dream.

Just a matter of getting racing into him,  and also the distance/softer going a big help.

Thanks for the heads up Pam..;)

Thought this horse went a very good race last start, and very good win today, well done to all, used to follow the battle paint mare pam trained, she certainly showed plenty winning an open class race at riccarton, beating caramac, a very good performer herself.

36 minutes ago, Shad said:

Thought this horse went a very good race last start, and very good win today, well done to all, used to follow the battle paint mare pam trained, she certainly showed plenty winning an open class race at riccarton, beating caramac, a very good performer herself.

The Battle Paint mare developed wind problems,  Shad, shame as she was hugely talented  [ and mad as a hatter ]...!

2 minutes ago, Pam Robson said:

The Battle Paint mare developed wind problems,  Shad, shame as she was hugely talented  [ and mad as a hatter ]...!

Cheers pam, very sorry to hear that, I certainly agree with you on the thoughts of her ability, that win I mentioned was most impressive, and to be fair she raced in some of the best fields in the south, and never guilty of a bad race, very close up even when the tracks were dry, maybe she will be seen as a broodmare. She will be very hard to replace, well done on todays win, and good luck with the rest of your team. I think I can recall some years ago you may have trained a horse called lord gesmo, won many races and may have been by cocky golfer.

I did indeed train Lord Gesmo ( Cocky Golfer) ...my partner at the time, R.J ( Mouse) McCann won a trial at Riccarton with him, he lobbed along just doing enough to keep his nose in front, despite Mouse's efforts to galvanize him into activity...!  He's a dirty stinking thief , said Mouse, but he'll be the best horse you'll train.

Wasn't too far off the mark...so far..! While there's life there's hope!