RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Steve C

Felaar this Saturday - Who wants 100/1??.....

Sorry everyone due to the fact Chris will not guarantee anyones winnings I can not allow RC to be used in this fashion, unfortunately Chris, or Steve C as he is posing as, will not put up any form of guarantee of payment, therefore I will not be left open to the possible legal outcome if he fails to honour, the so far over 200K in winning bets.

Chris has called me a control freak in private messages for wanting this, I am only trying to protect myself and RC...any normal bookie has to have a licence, he could simply just walk away , as I am sure he would, and none of us would have any type of recourse...therefore should any of you choose to take a bet with him please do it privately as I am stating very clearly and publicly I do not believe he will be able to pay therefore RC has no responsibility if that is what happens to anyone taking a bet with him...cheers.

Hope this make the RC position very clear, I for one am out, but the rest of you choose to do as you wish.

Edited by scooby3051

3 hours ago, NextPlease said:

I'll take $100 on the off chance Chris actually honours this bet.

It's extremely stupid. Probably the dumbest thing I've seen in some time - and that's saying a lot on here.

3 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Sorry everyone due to the fact Chris will not guarantee anyones winnings I can not allow RC to be used in this fashion, unfortunately Chris, or Steve C as he is posing as, will not put up any form of guarantee of payment, therefore I will not be left open to the possible legal outcome if he fails to honour, the so far over 200K in winning bets.

Chris has called me a control freak in private messages for wanting this, I am only trying to protect myself and RC...any normal bookie has to have a licence, he could simply just walk away , as I am sure he would, and none of us would have any type of recourse...therefore should any of you choose to take a bet with him please do it privately as I am stating very clearly and publicly I do not believe he will be able to pay therefore RC has no responsibility if that is what happens to anyone taking a bet with him...cheers.

Hope this make the RC position very clear, I for one am out, but the rest of you choose to do as you wish.

Hi Scooby.I’vegot $150 bet to take from my comp win ,any chance of taking him on with it ?

2 hours ago, Steve C said:

Weren’t you one of the people I personally paid AUD $500 winning one of my Melbourne Cup competitions many years ago? I’m sure it was you and absolutely you can “take me on with it.” 100%. You’re in. :)

Your choice Al..my humble opinion is you wont get paid.

16 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Why would I agree to that without a reverse guarantee that you can front with the 100 grand ?

Given the nature of your employment I’d need cast iron guarantees 

I’m keen though...I just need to make sure you pay up if he wins

I might even do it on the basis that Scooby bans you if I don’t get paid in full ....it’s worth risking a grand to see the back of you forever 

How does Felaar go in the wet short stuff? :ph34r:

Edited by scooby3051

Laurie Sainsbury....

FELAAR (Caulfield Race 1 No 5)

Silk Image

5. Felaar (NZL) (1)

J: Michael Dee (54kg) T: Stephen Marsh
Flucs: 11, 11, 8 R1Caulfield

Career: 20:4-5-4

Last 10: 3723x51210

Last week at Flemington in the race won by Steel Prince, this horse was the chief sufferer of interference when Belgravia broke down. Early in the race, he was severely restrained when Miners Miss crossed him and pulled up to a canter, that fired him up a tad. Despite all that, he looked a winning chance on the turn before he was nearly put over the rail by Surprise Baby which was also involved in that unfortunate incident and eased out of the race after that. From the draw, he should again get a nice run behind Transact and he’s capable on the soft going. I think his danger is Grand Dreamer for Patrick Payne, he is ready to win and if the track really got heavy, he would be advantaged. BET: EACH-WAY

31 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Various updates

It’s wet and cold here, the track will be quite soft 

Felaar hates it wet ( check his record ) although he did win at Otaki when he was a class above them

We have low expectations tomorrow

As we keep saying he’s still a weak baby and nothing he’s done to date suggests he’s ready to step up and compete with the best 

STD I’m not betting with you unless you provide evidence through an independent party that you have the money to pay out 

That means a bank bond or cash, in an independent trust account approved by me 

To all those supporting Felaar, unless the track is good ( dead or better ) I’d be really careful, this is no walk in the park tomorrow 

To close, that 2yo of Sweet P’s is a lovely horse with an amazingly good attitude 

Thanks for the clarification. ;)

Edited by scooby3051
Stirring

3 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Various updates

It’s wet and cold here, the track will be quite soft 

Felaar hates it wet ( check his record ) although he did win at Otaki when he was a class above them

We have low expectations tomorrow

As we keep saying he’s still a weak baby and nothing he’s done to date suggests he’s ready to step up and compete with the best 

STD I’m not betting with you unless you provide evidence through an independent party that you have the money to pay out 

That means a bank bond or cash, in an independent trust account approved by me 

To all those supporting Felaar, unless the track is good ( dead or better ) I’d be really careful, this is no walk in the park tomorrow 

To close, that 2yo of Sweet P’s is a lovely horse with an amazingly good attitude 

According to Froggie that Tasmanian will bolt in....drops 5kg and loves the wet......;)

Surely the put up or shut up rubbish on here needs to stop.

There is $2000 into $200000, absolutely incredible. 100/1 on a horse paying 8’s he can’t even lay the bet.

Simply accept the bet, if this Chris fella doesn’t pay, you have it over him for life, and I suggest RC will then have a few less threads.

What loss? You win you get either money or bragging rights for a very cheap bet.you loose you loose. 

CBT offered, you nominated the amount of money, take the bet.

R1 Caulfield will be a great race. Now get on with it.

16 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I’ll accept a letter from your lawyer to Scoobys lawyer.

The wording will be as follows;

I xxxxxxxx act for Christopher Thomson and I will guarantee to payout any dividend, including but not limited to a $1000 win bet by Leo Molloy at 100 to 1 to win $100,000, one hundred thousand dollars, resulting from successful bets on the racehorse Felaar at Caulfield on May 11th 2019.

I want it on a letterhead of his legal firm and he needs to understand that this is a personal guarantee by him to cover your liabilities.

Do that and we’re on.

I’ll transfer my $1000 into your lawyers bank account by close of play tonight if you do your bit ( as above ) first.

Advise me his bank account details by PM or email, leojohnmolloy@gmail.com

I’ll post the evidence of my bank transfer here on Cafe 

Thanks 

Jesus short stuff. I’ve had a busy morning. I’ve bought a fishing rod for myself and a yoga mat for my wife. I’ve voted. I’m now sitting in one of my favourite cafes enjoying a delicious brunch before my dental appointment at 12pm. I’ve then got to drive into the city to pick up my work colleague’s dog who we’ll be looking after for the next 3 weeks then meet some friends at 6pm tonight for dinner in Fitzroy.

I don’t have time for this nonsense.

How about I come and meet you at Crown after dinner tonight? Which one are you in? Crown Towers, Metrolopis or the cheap one Promenade?

3 hours ago, poundforpound said:

You’re fucking nuts.

You think I should risk $1000 just for bragging rights !!

Not in my life....if I place the bet I want to be paid if it wins thanks

As for the STD having cred of any description.....seriously..after the last few weeks he has zero cred.

He’s just looking for a way to weasel out of the bet. No surprise here. :rolleyes:

Anyone would think he’s risking 100K the way he’s reacting. :lol:

On 5/10/2019 at 3:55 PM, poundforpound said:

As I said it’d be reckless, in fact really fucking stupid, to risk $1000 when there’s no evidence he can pay, or will pay, if the bet is successful

Other than your bizarre logic that I’m paying a grand for bragging rights, and that’s fair value ( it’s not ) there’s no reason to have the bet unless I’m sure I’ll be paid out if successful 

What’s so hard about him providing a bank letter of credit, or a letter from his lawyer guaranteeing they’ll honour the bet in the unlikely event it’s successful ?

I may as well spend my $1000 with a Nigerian banker 

I’ve got some spare change in one of my bank accounts short stuff. 

The fact is I have the money, I can pay. You’re just trying to weasel your way out of the bet because you and I both know Felaar has no chance. :)

44 minutes ago, Steve C said:

I’ve got some spare change in one of my bank accounts short stuff. 

The fact is I have the money, I can pay. You’re just trying to weasel your way out of the bet because you and I both know Felaar has no chance. :)

A0C60817-164E-4122-A519-D82E10D2CCE4.png

haha..14K you need to pay out over 100K if he wins... no most people in here would be the same...you are not a viable risk...JMO.

26 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

haha..14K you need to pay out over 100K if he wins... no most people in here would be the same...you are not a viable risk...JMO.

It’s one of my “spare change” bank accounts Leigh. :)

53 minutes ago, Steve C said:

It’s one of my “spare change” bank accounts Leigh. :)

No Chris, if thats actually your real name ...we dont really know..as most of what you say here is inflated someway...i think that unless you are prepared to guarantee a payout then everyone should be running a hundred miles from you...It is a simple request put your money in a 3rd party account so anyone who bets know they will get paid, then the people wanting to bet can bet with confidence...none of this oh it will be ok mate I will pay you...no way...you can not be trusted.

JMO..

1 hour ago, MiDeBo Racing said:

Does anyone know if this bet is all go or not?? 14k seems a long way short of 100k

Exactly but Chris says he is good for it...should be a Tui ad...he has not guts no credibility,anyone who puts any money with him would be mad...Bookies have to guarantee the punter why is not reasonable with such a large amount that could need to be paid out to have some surety it actual will get paid...no Mike he wont front he is hat no cattle always has been.

2 hours ago, Steve C said:

I’ve got some spare change in one of my bank accounts short stuff

Scooby, this stopped being entertaining quite a while ago. 

Everyone knows CT will not honour the 100/1 and we all know Leo isn’t going to put up $1000 for bragging rights. 

Lock it down and move on.