RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Baz (NZ)

Chelsea Burdan (a4)

I've been watching this young rider for a while :rcf-rich-1:  I've been very impressed with her style, balance and ability in a finish. :wub:
In some cases she has out-ridden senior jockeys... which is what initially caught my attention! :rcf-shocked-5:
Certainly rides above her 4kg claim which won't last long over the coming winter months.

One ride today at Matamata for One win on JC Collett's Bluetwentytwo. More wins in store for sure! :rcf-rich:

Anyone else seen other claiming apprentices to watch over the next few months???:rcf-thinking-1:

12 hours ago, mr_gee said:

the  girl al sharrock   has   and sam o mally   and ethan wright 

Yes Hazel Schofer (a4) will get every opportunity with Alan Sharrock and has... winning 3 of her 6 rides.

Sam O'Malley (a3) is starting to get plenty of opportunity.  244 Rides x 12 wins

Ethan Wright (a4)  a new kid on the block. 27 Rides x 1 win

As we all know to be successful you need opportunity. Keeping in mind not all things are equal when young riders are starting out.

Slow Horses vs Fast Horses can make all the difference to perception of riding talent. I like to try and identify talent early on.... regardless of horse ability.

I remember talking to a senior rider a few years back at Te Rapa and mentioning to him how a very young James McDonald could be a future star.

His reply was... Jason Collett (at that time) was potentially better. He may have been but I believe one of those two riders has probably had more media marketing, help and opportunity than the other.

I rate both highly.

It's Winter where the 3kg and 4kg claiming apprentices make hay while the sun shines (see what I did there....)

Not that I'm a big fan of their riding yet, but you just have to factor them right in to everything from now on,

Chelsea Burdan

Eilish McCall

Tegan Newman

Hazel Schofer , so far so good...

Ethan Wright gawd help us , still very much a work in progress.

CURRENT WINNING 4kg CLAIMING APPRENTICES:

Eilish McCall - 9 Wins x 116 Starts

Sanu Toolooa - 8 Wins x 144 Starts

Gee Saejorhor - 8 Wins x 181 Starts

Erin Leighton - 6 Wins x 31 Starts

Chelsea Burdan - 6 Wins x 32 Starts

Shiarna Johnson - 5 Wins x 43 Starts

Kozzi Asano - 4 Wins x 71 Starts

Jordan Bassett - 3 Wins x 66 Starts

Hazel Schofer - 3 Wins x 6 Starts

Masa Hashizume - 2 Wins x 37 Starts

Julia Anderson - 2 Wins x 39 Starts

Tui Miles - 2 Wins x 96 Starts

Shari Jamie - 1 Wins x 13 Starts

Ethan Wright - 1 Wins x 27 Starts

Mubs Kareem - 1 Wins x 35 Starts

Hunter Durrant - 1 Wins x 60 Starts

Masa Hashizume - 2 Wins x 37 Starts

Looks a good rider but seems under utilised  Not sure why Richardson doesn't use him more.

Erin Leighton - 6 Wins x 31 Starts

A good rider. Gets her chance now she's back.

Kozzi Asano - 4 Wins x 71 Starts

Like the look of this bloke too

21 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Heavy tracks are now upon us and the apprentice riders are out of the woodwork this week!

Two 4kg claimers are making their debuts at Awapuni Thursday!

Bridie Ansell (a4/48kg) & Rahul Beemud (a4/48kg) Good Luck to them both! :rcfe-like:

Never had a bet today at Awapuni today. :rcf-sad-14:

How well did the apprentices go? especially debutantes Bridie Ansell (a4/48kg) & Rahul Beemud (a4/48kg) ! :rcf-happy-7:
Hazel Schofer on fire with every opportunity today! :rcf-in-love:

RACE 2
4    Tarabeebee    Hazel Schofer (a4)       $2.40  $1.30
2    Beckidboo      Madan Singh (a2)                     $1.40
11    Rare Breed   Bridie Ansell (a4)                       $6.30

RACE 4
7    Aratoka        Hazel Schofer (a3.5)        $5.60   $1.70
8    Bae Corp        Bridie Ansell (a4)                         $1.60
3    Tubthumping    Sam O'Malley (a2.5)                 $2.30

RACE 5
3    Get Up        Rahul Beemud (a4)        $48.40     $11.40
1    Blue Arrow    Holly Andrew (a2)                         $5.10
7    Our Chloe        Sam O'Malley (a0.5)                   $1.70

RACE 6
3    Come Sei        Hazel Schofer (a4)        $1.40     $1.00
8    Jakama Krystal    Holly Andrew (a1)                  $1.90
6    Our Shaman    Kavish Chowdhoory (a2)            $2.60

RACE 7
7    Red Forest    Holly Andrew (a0.5)        $11.30    $3.40
8    Belle Tem        Ashvin Goindasamy (a3)              $3.60
10    Confessional    Shiarna Johnson (a4)               $2.90

RACE 8
8    Escapologist    Kavish Chowdhoory (a2)    $37.00  $6.40
7    Out Of The Park    Ashvin Goindasamy (a3)             $1.10
2    Billy The Kid    Ryan Elliot (a)                                       $2.80

1 hour ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Never had a bet today at Awapuni today. :rcf-sad-14:

Good thing you didn't because they ran at New Plymouth.

and there was a pretty good chance the Apprentices would go ok in the races you listed - it was an apprentice only day (apart from the two highweight races)  :)

44 minutes ago, Kloppite said:

Good thing you didn't because they ran at New Plymouth.

and there was a pretty good chance the Apprentices would go ok in the races you listed - it was an apprentice only day (apart from the two highweight races)  :)

I shouldn't drink during the week! :rcf-laughing-2:

On 6/6/2019 at 11:21 PM, Baz (NZ) said:

I shouldn't drink during the week! :rcf-laughing-2:

dont be too hard on yourself Baz...the overall point re apprentices coming into their own over winter and the opportunities for young ones starting out with 4kg claims is well made...personally I always look for a horse/jock combo where a 3 or 4 kg claim and wet track and wide draw factors can produce some value ..eg Sarabande and Money Trail at Te Rapa last Saturday. 

1 hour ago, weasel57 said:

dont be too hard on yourself Baz...the overall point re apprentices coming into their own over winter and the opportunities for young ones starting out with 4kg claims is well made...personally I always look for a horse/jock combo where a 3 or 4 kg claim and wet track and wide draw factors can produce some value ..eg Sarabande and Money Trail at Te Rapa last Saturday. 

Reese Jones an apprentice still!!!     He will be tickled pink to hear that. :rcfe-laughing:

You and Baz make a great pair drinking during the week. :rcf-laughing-2:

12 hours ago, weasel57 said:

I've had a great week on the punt and continued drinking on the weekend! :rcf-laughing-2: Great to see Chelsea Burdan (a4) get a good win at Trentham. :rcfe-like:
I was singing 9-1 a Dire Straits song at Te Rapa! :rcf-in-love:
I was also on Super Hoof & Money Trail/Jasmine Fawcett (a1) at  9-1 & 18-1 respectively!  :rcf-rich:

Well done to Bridie Ansell (a4) on winning her first ever race aboard Dr Watson. I was also on board at 26-1 :rcf-cool:
I'm loving the apprentices this week! :wub:

1 hour ago, Baz (NZ) said:

I've had a great week on the punt and continued drinking on the weekend! :rcf-laughing-2: Great to see Chelsea Burdan (a4) get a good win at Trentham. :rcfe-like:
I was singing 9-1 a Dire Straits song at Te Rapa! :rcf-in-love:
I was also on Super Hoof & Money Trail/Jasmine Fawcett (a1) at  9-1 & 18-1 respectively!  :rcf-rich:

Well done to Bridie Ansell (a4) on winning her first ever race aboard Dr Watson. I was also on board at 26-1 :rcf-cool:
I'm loving the apprentices this week! :wub:

Drinking and then loving apprentices Baz, you really do lead a decadent lifestyle. You are certainly doing the walk of life. :rcf-laughing-2:

10 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

How good...Chelsea Burdan! A winner at Otaki yesterday and $31 shot Battle Paint at Tauranga today!:rcf-happy-7: 

Hope you are following Tina down South...two winners already and strike rate very good.

14 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Yes Ohoka!:rcfe-like: I'm following three 4kg claimers at the moment. The most promising of the newbies....Chelsea Burdan. ...Hazel Shofer & Bridie Ansell :rcf-in-love::rcf-rich:

I keep telling you Baz, one day you will get arrested for doing that. :rcf-laughing-2:

Will we see you at Te Aroha tomorrow?