RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
wph

George Simon

It is not the first time this has happened lately.... George needs to finish commentating, he has lost it 

Race 9 at Matamata today he did not even see Caballero until the line... Screams "it's close". I could see the winner at the 200m mark. It won by a neck going away 

Time to to go George and quickly 

1 minute ago, wph said:

It is not the first time this has happened lately.... George needs to finish commentating, he has lost it 

Race 9 at Matamata today he did not even see Caballero until the line... Screams "it's close". I could see the winner at the 200m mark. It won by a neck going away 

very harsh and unjustified. Tried it yourself?

Did I say I was a commentator???? 

He is and has slipped.... Age catches up with all 

I feel the same way about Peter Earley at the dogs.. Many races he does not even get through the field once in a race 

33 minutes ago, wph said:

Your dreaming, he called it and noticed the animal turning in fanning wide. You drop a few bucks today :rcf-sad-1:

40 minutes ago, wph said:

Go and watch the replay and then apologise.

George mentioned "Caballero's out deeper at the 250m" and at the 100m "here's Caballero putting in a late run."  Caballero storms home and he calls. "Caballero may have knocked the pair off right on the line."

Nothing much wrong with that.   

30 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Go and watch the replay and then apologise.

George mentioned "Caballero's out deeper at the 250m" and at the 100m "here's Caballero putting in a late run."  Caballero storms home and he calls. "Caballero may have knocked the pair off right on the line."

Nothing much wrong with that.   

You apologise 

He said it was close... A nose is close.... It was not close 

Just now, wph said:

Actually didn't have a bet on those 2nd raters running around at Muuttamutta

Sorry Matamata... and that's another problem with all the presenters f.....g up the place names of NZ 

1 hour ago, wph said:

Sorry Matamata... and that's another problem with all the presenters f.....g up the place names of NZ 

It’s a Maori place name Big fella, have a good whinge and wake up tomorrow a little more positive :rcfe-happy-2: Georgie Boys still got the skills.Legend 

5 hours ago, wph said:

You apologise 

He said it was close... A nose is close.... It was not close 

You stated in your first post that he  didn't even see Caballero until the line. I proved that wasn't true. He called the horse at the 250m and 100m marks stating that Caballero was putting a late run.

He got the call correct in the first five home. What more do you want?

By the way have you seen the angle at Matamata.   

9 hours ago, rdytdy said:

You stated in your first post that he  didn't even see Caballero until the line. I proved that wasn't true. He called the horse at the 250m and 100m marks stating that Caballero was putting a late run.

He got the call correct in the first five home. What more do you want?

By the way have you seen the angle at Matamata.   

spot on, Teddy!

4 hours ago, TurnipOrange said:

Bill Collins saw him, just thought he couldn't win!!!!!!!

How could he not see him... attached is proof that he was easy to see.!!!

Saw this print on Trade Me a few years ago and just had to have it.... sits on my wall just above my computer.

Its an Alistair Simpson print, an Aussie guy who'se apparently done quite a few like this.

20190509_143559.jpg

18 minutes ago, John Clydesdale said:

Hi fans, have a look at the main race yesterday at Rotorua, Zacada was in front for the length of the straight, wasn’t he?

cheers

John

Maybe from the 200 John but little in it, from George’s perspective wouldn’t be that obvious. He’s like a fine wine in this role

I watched the races from three different perspectives that day ,and ended up sitting in the public stand by the entrance for  the last two races, surprised by watching the replays on Love Racing. Great job George and top job by the Rotorua club on the day, if you know someone who lost a Samsung  Mobile phone it’s in the secretary’s office :rcfe-smile:

On 5/9/2019 at 2:45 PM, Ponderosa8 said:

How could he not see him... attached is proof that he was easy to see.!!!

Saw this print on Trade Me a few years ago and just had to have it.... sits on my wall just above my computer.

Its an Alistair Simpson print, an Aussie guy who'se apparently done quite a few like this.

20190509_143559.jpg

Born in NZ and acknowledged as one of the best equine artists in the world.