RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

David Ellis decides to speak out....

For those that may not have seen the original comments...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12122951

And according to Te Akau, the response has been positive.

Te Akau Tuesday Update

7 MAY 2019

Te Akau Tuesday Update

David writes:

We haven’t got many to race now with winter imminent, so my attention is drawn to next season. We have turned a lot of horses out for a spell early this year, and it has really paid dividends – it is quite incredible how well the horses have done in the last 10 weeks.

We are now starting to bring in our Spring horses, and on Monday, the legends themselves, Sword of Osman, Te Akau Shark and Melody Belle, were the first to be brought back into work. 

This Spring, we will have horses in the South Island, Melbourne and Sydney, as well as a really nice team for the Hawkes Bay Carnival. This means that many of our staff members are currently away enjoying a much-needed holiday and they will be fresh and ready to go for the new season – just like the horses they care for.

I have had an unbelievable amount of feedback from so many people about my comments on NZTR.

One thing that I have found hard to believe is you just never see many board members or senior management at the races. Several clubs have told me they can’t remember having a board member on course, and I am often asked who members of the board are.

This is my response to those comments – to the NZTR Board members, you are paid to do this job. Go and meet the clubs, meet their communities, talk to the CEO of the clubs, and find out first-hand what is happening as these people run racing for the LOVE of it, and work their bums off finding sponsors and putting the show on.

Go and introduce yourselves to the clubs – THIS WHAT YOU ARE PAID FOR! 

By doing this, the NZTR Board will become much more effective racing administrators. 

Yes good idea!  The Clubs will then have the opportunity to challenge Board Members  regarding the wasted $500k they  chucked at the Magic Millions. No doubt DE will not have a problem with that.:rcf-injured:

Well done David Ellis and more of the industry leaders need to do this, where are the trainers in all this, is it really true they are held by the balls by the powers that are ruining the industry day by day???, if so its a disgrace and for them to show no balls at this time would be disgraceful...JMO

Within the next fortnight there will be a pre-Budget announcement from Min Win which will answer some of these questions. And if it's another of those 'kick the can down the road' announcements with no $$ injection for prizemoney that is sustainable,, and no heads rolling at NZRB...we may as well give up.