RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Hangfire

Damn TAB app.

It's driving me insane. A couple of weeks ago the TAB app stalls for me, it won't let me in for a few prime hours on a Saturday afternoon. Today, it won't let me deposit money via my VISA, even though I'm prepared to pay the unique $2-plus fee for the privilege... yet the opposition betting agency is always keen to take my money, and funny enough without any delay, or fee. Call it competition/accountability whatever.

Your Identification could not be complete because of a system error. If this happens consistently please contact your CSR.

No thanks.

Now I'm not talking through my pocket today, the TAB saved me money by refusing to take mine. 

But to think $40-$50 million was or still is being spent on this betting platform, which was to ensure our TAB is internationally competitive. Really. 

And whilst I'm moaning where do I get a Best Bets from other than from a TAB, its been 100 years since I last bought one but today I couldn't find one at any service stations or the local dairy.

Ending on a positive - My vote for Winston counted.

With The Informant gone, we can still follow Brian Delore's industry updates:  www.theoptimist.co.nz

I’ve had the same password since the internet began, but last week it was apparently incorrect and after a few tries I got locked out. 

I also had some issues with a ‘bonus’ that I’d been offered. 

I have never called the help desk in decades of betting, yet last week had to call three times! :rcf-sad-5:

22 hours ago, Hangfire said:

It's driving me insane. A couple of weeks ago the TAB app stalls for me, it won't let me in for a few prime hours on a Saturday afternoon. Today, it won't let me deposit money via my VISA, even though I'm prepared to pay the unique $2-plus fee for the privilege... yet the opposition betting agency is always keen to take my money, and funny enough without any delay, or fee. Call it competition/accountability whatever.

Your Identification could not be complete because of a system error. If this happens consistently please contact your CSR.

No thanks.

Now I'm not talking through my pocket today, the TAB saved me money by refusing to take mine. 

But to think $40-$50 million was or still is being spent on this betting platform, which was to ensure our TAB is internationally competitive. Really. 

And whilst I'm moaning where do I get a Best Bets from other than from a TAB, its been 100 years since I last bought one but today I couldn't find one at any service stations or the local dairy.

Ending on a positive - My vote for Winston counted.

With The Informant gone, we can still follow Brian Delore's industry updates:  www.theoptimist.co.nz

Finding a Best Bets is like finding Hens teeth . I’ve located my local Paper Plus as a stockist  only place in our town I think . Still like it but it’s frustrating to have no Thursday racing in the publication of this week they decided to leave out Melbourne and  Sydney and replace with Gold Coast and Morphettvlle . Understand adding GC as the QLD carnival but deleting the MLB and SYD meeting is crazy .

There is no need for further proof. The $50M spent on "new" platform has been an absolute disaster.

Next step is to make accountable all those responsible for the disaster.

Then find the solution to solve the problem.

One part solution would be to extricate NZTR from the same premises housing NZRB. i.e. relocate NZTR onto Ellerslie racecourse. Handy to airport,population,sponsors and public exposure. That way NZTR wouldn't just rubber stamp TAB.

8 minutes ago, Dockers said:

Anyone had any issues with the app duplicating your bets? 

Yes..and then having to check your 'history' to see if your bet has even been put on...that process takes ages so that you've then run out of time to get your bet on , not withstanding any other bets you Also wanted to get on.

The system is a joke..a bloody offensive one at that!

6 hours ago, hedley said:

Yes..and then having to check your 'history' to see if your bet has even been put on...that process takes ages so that you've then run out of time to get your bet on , not withstanding any other bets you Also wanted to get on.

The system is a joke..a bloody offensive one at that!

Agree but the offense is the fact that the person responsible is creaming a million dollars per annum. N.B. after various perks e.g. value of termination package, superanuation, free food and booze, overseas jaunts etc etc it is probably a million.  The business has gross revenue about $400k. Tell me what other business with that level of income can afford a million dollar employee with no prior experience in the relevant industry. Total madness.

This piece of FUC##ING SHIT! TAB Web-site just did me out of a $30 win bet @ $6.50 in the first at Doomben Thought I had it on but odds changed  got errors and it didn't accept my bet with so many clicks and farking options! ALLEN SHOULD HAVE HIS BALLS REMOVED! Can't even check my Transactions!

image.thumb.png.8242116ab56cb523fd13513839ae8a2a.png

TAB tried to tell me I was the only one having a problem with the new betting platform duplicating bets and rehashing them, after they have been made and confirmed and closed.

So going on the responses here, I'm NOT the only one and it's another systemic problem.

It's a worry that they either don't admit there is a problem (with this and generally) or don't know there's a problem!! 

2 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

This piece of FUC##ING SHIT! TAB Web-site just did me out of a $30 win bet @ $6.50 in the first at Doomben Thought I had it on but odds changed  got errors and it didn't accept my bet with so many clicks and farking options! ALLEN SHOULD HAVE HIS BALLS REMOVED! Can't even check my Transactions!

image.thumb.png.8242116ab56cb523fd13513839ae8a2a.png

I get that almost every time then I push search again and it works. Still a shithouse site for racing though 

.Cannot place a bet , what a load of shit. Told you cannot bet on I pad  because we have problems with I pad  now cannot bet on lap top. Wtf. John and Bernard go and do the right thing fo and never ever step foot in this country. Take your money that you did not earn and fo.

I tried to install the app to see what it was like yesterday and it appeared to download OK until I wanted to actually use it - then the screen disappeared every time I went to touch the "Allow" or "Don't Allow" options on screen and "Voila"  they disappeared as soon as I got a finger near them.  It ended up being like an archery game with my finger but I was always too slow. I may be a bald old codger but I would have bet any much younger person to succeed in that particular exercise in frustration. I gave it a good go but the link just kept disappearing as quickly as it would flash on teh screen to tempt me. Eventually I gave it up as a lost cause and uninstalled it while vowing never to go back again.

Maybe some of that extra $65 million could be used to repair the broken wheels that are the TAB website and app instead of trying to re-invent them. What a waste of $50 million this 'new whizzbang' website has been. I don't know about you lot (and I acknowledge that people have different views) but for my money John Allen should be hanging his head in shame on his way out the door. 

this new site is the biggest stuff-up ever, it is so god dam un -weildy  it does not flow and so easy to get lost and and then you miss out getting your bets on, it is just a bloody nightmare.  I have not heard one good word said about it everybody is of the same opinion who ever is responsible for this mess should be on the first bus out of town.....

There are just so many aspects of this site that shows little if any thought or care the NZRB have for the racing punter .... many are major as discussed i.e. lagging, info inconsistency, compatibility issues, App issues, upfront and re-occurring costs associated etc etc... this is before you even get into the upfront build cost and how we have ended up here....

but like a lot of things in life, for me it is also the little things that sometimes count , and when these little things are missing... many and most times the reason these are missing is  the supplier simply do not care and or have passion for what they are doing.... which kind of sums up a large reason why we as an industry are in our current position....

One of the little things for me is the info displayed on the race itself when either looking at tab platform of extended form.... 2 very interesting and important aspects for me around a race are its grade.... G1, 2, 3 listed etc and also what purse of the race is...... both these points help me establish seriousness of entrants from top to bottom along with caliber of entrants and just all and all gives me a full picture of the race prior to engaging in form, barrier, ground etc.... but  these are deemed unimportant to list.... is this because of the share embarrassment of seeing the grade of race and purse in comparison to our Australian cobbers   ... good example ..... 2YO 1400m  lsited race for 50K @ Ellerslie, Listed WFO 2800 Flemington  400k...  or is it as i said they really just dont care?? Seems Oz tab can easily list... Its the little things, as my punting may be a drip from a tap leaving the TAB as a customer.... a dripping tab still fills a cup and a leaking ship will eventually sink... 

image.thumb.png.b4912027dae8a4b03df76987dd988e1b.png

image.thumb.png.c39fa78bf874c4c4f577020651367aae.png

image.png

Condor  its not that its the little things that show up most on the website but the magnitude of them as you point out.

Incidentally I had an association with a horse called Condor many moons ago. Nice name.

Every day I am discovering new anomalies that just don't make sense. Overall my biggest gripe is the disappearance of the controls and alerts which have cost me dearly. So much so I have gone to different providers.

Even if we ignore the purchasing of the system then the launch in January should have sent those authorizing it packing. A major business principle is "never launch a half ready system".

Many faults with the system are so basic that one must wonder if there has been an intentional effort to damage racing.

AS others have experienced there seems a devious effort by management to make the staff portray the system as a success. Needs to be a full investigation into all aspects of the commissioning of this abomination.