RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
WOODBINE

Australian sires that would not be out of place in NZ

There are two Aussie sires that I have bred to over the years that are reasonably priced and have achieved very good race results with their progeny namely Domesday and Shamus Award.

They both have stood for A$10,000 and have enjoyed reasonable books. I suggested Shamus Award to one leading Waikato studmaster late last year and he said that he could not afford him. As a Cox Plate and Australian Guineas winner He would be among the best performed stallions to stand here.

He is now standing in Victoria which is good news for that state.

At the May weaning sale you will see the first crop of Telperions. The foals I have seen are outstanding 

I'd love to see a son of Exceed and Excel at stud in NZ, though given very expensive for any stud to do, but there are a few rolling under the radar they may be better suited to NZ than the very competitive Aus market. The likes of Furnaces and Kuroshio spring to mind.