Fartoomuch

HRNZ Web Update

23 posts in this topic

HRNZ website upgrade tomorrow

30 April 2019

Harness Racing New Zealand is excited to launch our newly redesigned website tomorrow morning, Wednesday 1 May 2019.

The website will upgrade from 9am on Wednesday 1 May, with a full migration expected to be completed around lunch time.

Users can expect to have some disruption to the use of the website during this time, and we appreciate your patience while we bring you a new and improved version of the HRNZ website.

Following feedback from the industry, we wanted to move with the times and give our users a website with a clean new look, a fully responsive layout on all platforms and an overall better user experience.

A responsive design will transform itself meaning it will adjust itself to fit the device you are using. This means that you will no longer have to zoom in to read content on the website.

Whilst the website will have a fresh new look and be easier to use on multiple devices, the information you receive will remain the same with the added bonus of more Punter Information.

 

One can only hope it will be more successful than TAB disaster but the jury is out already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

HRNZ website upgrade tomorrow

30 April 2019

Harness Racing New Zealand is excited to launch our newly redesigned website tomorrow morning, Wednesday 1 May 2019.

The website will upgrade from 9am on Wednesday 1 May, with a full migration expected to be completed around lunch time.

Users can expect to have some disruption to the use of the website during this time, and we appreciate your patience while we bring you a new and improved version of the HRNZ website.

Following feedback from the industry, we wanted to move with the times and give our users a website with a clean new look, a fully responsive layout on all platforms and an overall better user experience.

A responsive design will transform itself meaning it will adjust itself to fit the device you are using. This means that you will no longer have to zoom in to read content on the website.

Whilst the website will have a fresh new look and be easier to use on multiple devices, the information you receive will remain the same with the added bonus of more Punter Information.

 

One can only hope it will be more successful than TAB disaster but the jury is out already.

You would have to be the ultimate pessimist to think it would be worse than the TAB debacle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rusty said:

Be interesting to see what the new website is like.

I think the current one is fantastic, as it has all the information one could possibly need, is very well set out and easy to navigate. 

Im sort of in agreement with you Rusty, if it aint broke  dont fix it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are working on a few "feedbacks" so lets see how they get on.    There are a few small problems but they very receptive to people contacting them if any problems need addressing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2019 at 7:54 PM, Rusty said:

Be interesting to see what the new website is like.

I think the current one is fantastic, as it has all the information one could possibly need, is very well set out and easy to navigate. 

At one stage the website was voted the best worldwide in the harness industry. With that accolade why change ? Moving with the times ? 

Not sure  it has though. Went to the compressed fields and only gave me 3.5 of the 10 races at Rangiora (used my mobile ). Pedigree page was 3 generators on mobile but 5 generations on laptop .Had to click grandam or gransire to go back further (mobile ).

Certainly not as bad as the TAB change.

No Industry links found ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use my cell phone for internet use, it's easier, quicker and more mobile than a laptop. 

So I have only viewed the new website on my phone. But from what I have seen so far, it is a backwards step from the previous website, which 2piper correctly pointed out, that it won the award for best harness website in the world at one point. 

I have found the new website to be not as easy to (a) navigate and (b) view (fields) as before.

I agree with Fartoomuch; why fix something that is not broken? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You ask why change a great .websight ? I have found most changes in organisations are not done to provide a more comprehensive service for owners/trainers/punters because of altruistic reasons but for a chance to create an extra income source . You heard it here first . The proof of their intentions (as is the case in USA) may lie in HRNZ tucking the widely used Infohorse under the hrnz member a/c area  . It might be me but look up your horse and then find an error so you have to sign in before permitted into it...(why ????????? ) Am I getting paranoic ?:rcf-injured:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate there is a shortcut to infohorse buiilt in to new sight but it is also sitting in the signed in area. USA lets you get so far then wants your membership number to proceed . A cunning plan methinks  .Maybe we all may end up HRNZ members  !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, john legend said:

I appreciate there is a shortcut to infohorse buiilt in to new sight but it is also sitting in the signed in area. USA lets you get so far then wants your membership number to proceed . A cunning plan methinks  .Maybe we all may end up HRNZ members  !

Who knows these days although of all the conspiracy theories i have seen this one seems a non starter given the management at HRNZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JL I have no idea what your on about, I just been to HRNZ looked up a horse under 'Info horse' like norms, and site gave up info on said horse fine....admittedly guys I access site from my computer not mob - and I am accessing, viewing everything fine, I'm lovin it, especially the Fields etc there's even a drop down facillity for all details on each runner :rcfe-like: it's kool.....it even loads better, faster like it alot......

 

Cheers Iraklis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conspiracy theory - did the same mob who gave us the new, superb, super-duper TAB web site also design the  new, superb, super-duper web site for HRNZ?        Or are the similarities only a co-incidence?      I suppose we will never know - unless the Greyhounds suddenly appear with a new, superb, super-duper site in a couple of months!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eljay said:

Conspiracy theory - did the same mob who gave us the new, superb, super-duper TAB web site also design the  new, superb, super-duper web site for HRNZ?        Or are the similarities only a co-incidence?      I suppose we will never know - unless the Greyhounds suddenly appear with a new, superb, super-duper site in a couple of months!

Lloyd , your wit is priceless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to use the new website for a couple of weeks before I give HRNZ some feed back but close to the top of the list is why most screens on my phone so far need to open filled with such big tabs for the upcoming races. Eg I first thought when I touched a highlighted horse name in a race that nothing had come up and I'd one back to the home page - but no, it was buried way down the page. I'm going to get some sort of overuse syndrome from all the scrolling this new website entails. Are the enormous tabs for fat fingers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly a fresher look and all information still there but I agree with Nelli, you bring something up and  you have to scroll down to find it.  Also when you bring up fields  you have to click on each race.  I much prefer previous site where all races come up and it was much quicker to just scroll through them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, lamour said:

Certainly a fresher look and all information still there but I agree with Nelli, you bring something up and  you have to scroll down to find it.  Also when you bring up fields  you have to click on each race.  I much prefer previous site where all races come up and it was much quicker to just scroll through them. 

No just look at right hand side when you select meeting and click on Expand all races and scroll straight down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A) Cannot not go from mobile to desk top site on phone - unless I am missing something 

b) Field search on mobile is terrible - how do I search all horses Purdon has nominated or made fields and same for driver 

c) Results terrible - like TAB one race at a time .

my vote pretty but content worse !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Results now hopeless.

Seem to have taken a direct feed off the open bet site where the layout is spread out over several pages for each race and then repeats all starters.

Even the TAB site has gone back to a better display in its results section.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now