RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Newmarket RC

It had to happen Ricky

SMOKEY MAC - driver R May defended a charge pursuant to Rule 868(3) alleging that he failed to drive his runner out to the end of the race. After viewing relevant replays and hearing evidence from all parties the JCA found the charge proved and following submissions on penalty imposed a fine of $300.

I cant believe he tried to talk his way out of this given he was on the 2nd fav and showed no vigour in the last 250 metres to be run down on line for 4th. The penalty was pitiful given the charge was proven. IMHO

In the aforementioned Invercargill race I was watching War Admiral closely. There needed to be some mention in the report I believe. Either
A/ RM on Smokey Mac was half carting on numerous occasions affecting the options of SO on War Admiral OR
B/ SO could have been questioned for allowing WA to find itself in a non-winnable position, when the horse was traveling sweetly and could have moved to a more prominent position.

3 hours ago, Amati Nidol said:

In the aforementioned Invercargill race I was watching War Admiral closely. There needed to be some mention in the report I believe. Either
A/ RM on Smokey Mac was half carting on numerous occasions affecting the options of SO on War Admiral OR
B/ SO could have been questioned for allowing WA to find itself in a non-winnable position, when the horse was traveling sweetly and could have moved to a more prominent position.

Im hearing both your points and agree entirely. A non competitive performance by both drivers IMHO to finish in their horses best possible position

Advice to Ricky, You are permitted to take a support person into the stipes room. I wonder who the best person would be? Someone experienced at getting off "lazy driving charges,"someone charming,with great diction, someone totally believable. Who could that be?????????????:rcf-alien: