RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Chris Horse Stopper

It's official. Melbourne, the sporting capital of the world!!.........

On what basis do you say Tiger is the greatest golfer of all time?

Major wins?

PGA wins?

Please tell.

but on what he's achieved so far you would be hard pressed to argue that he is the greatest player the game has ever seen.

Michael Jordan looks up to the guy!!! That's an indication of how well respected he is amongst his sporting peers.

Majors won is the benchmark in any golfer's career and he's already won 14 at age 33. Nicklaus had won 11 at the same age and went on to win 18 as we all know.

Nicklaus won his 18th major (the Masters) at age 46.

On his current strike rate Tiger should break that record with in the next 5 years when he would be age 38.

Tiger has already won 71 times on the US PGA tour (2 behind Nicklaus on 73 and 11 behind Sam Snead on 82).

Those are the numbers.

It's always dangerous labelling a player the best when his career is still in full swing so to speak but his strike rate and the numbers speak for themselves.

It's just a matter of time before the numbers frank him (as alot of already people already do) as the greatest player of all time.

I get what Bradez is saying

Now it would be great to meet the man and have a round of Golf with him.

But to watch Golf, the big screen Telly at home where you get to see every shot and know who is leading and when the leaderboard changes gives you the best coverage.

But like Motor Racing, Horse Racing as well....even though you get to see far less sometimes you just have to be there to experience it.

I could not care to follow the leader board,I would rather pick a player who was a favourite of mine, say Els or Ogilvy and follow them.

If they are down the leader board there might be 15 or 20 following them (if that)

on occasions they will appreciate you being there and even engage you in conversation, as a conversation with Ernie about a Springbok - All Black game is recalled.

Anyway appreciating a sport can only be for the eye of the beholder and criticism of such is rediculous.

If they are down the leader board there might be 15 or 20 following them (if that)

on occasions they will appreciate you being there and even engage you in conversation, as a conversation with Ernie about a Springbok - All Black game is recalled.

Anyway appreciating a sport can only be for the eye of the beholder and criticism of such is rediculous.

See jimbo....you have more in common with Thomson than you think!

Did you invite Ernie over to your blanket for a chinwag with you and your mates?

Never mind....I really don't think I want to know the answer to that REDiculous question.

Ho ho ho

Did you invite Ernie over to your blanket for a chinwag with you and your mates?

Never mind....I really don't think I want to know the answer to that REDiculous question.

Ho ho ho

with your multiple personalities Andrew. ;):D

Michael Jordan looks up to Tiger...Who the f..k cares about Jordan.

He is typical of American sports "Stars" who play basketball,baseball and gridion...call themselves "world champions" and play in "world series" but only ignorant yanks play in these competitions.

Geelong are the world champs of AFL..County Kerry probably the world champs of Gaelic football??...

Tiger,Federer,Phelps, Bolt , etc etc beat the best the world has to offer.

Jordan only only beat other yanks.

They are such tossers (americans)

Michael Jordan looks up to Tiger...Who the f..k cares about Jordan.

He is typical of American sports "Stars" who play basketball,baseball and gridion...call themselves "world champions" and play in "world series" but only ignorant yanks play in these competitions.

Geelong are the world champs of AFL..County Kerry probably the world champs of Gaelic football??...

Tiger,Federer,Phelps, Bolt , etc etc beat the best the world has to offer.

Jordan only only beat other yanks.

They are such tossers (americans)

I'd bet money Tiger actually looks up to Jordan ;)

And Geelong Cats, World Champs.....hohoho must have been hard to get that out of your keyboard Wph ;)

the game of golf and you can't put a value on that, it's priceless.

You obviously haven't seen him play live Bradez???

I sure have Chris, TWICE.

Ive seen him play at the US open and at one of the NZ opens ive been too.

Id sooner watch him play on TV. He hits the ball so far, that you lose site of the f**king thing once it leaves his club.

I sure have Chris, TWICE.

Ive seen him play at the US open and at one of the NZ opens ive been too.

Id sooner watch him play on TV. He hits the ball so far, that you lose site of the f**king thing once it leaves his club.

was a total disgrace.

Over inflated ticket prices, poor organisation and alot of pressure for Tiger to return should he win prior to him teeing off resulting in a mediocre performance from the great man and thousands of unsold tickets.

Melbourne got it right and put on a fantastic spectacle which bodes well for the future and can only influence his decison to return for 2010.

Anyone who says they would prefer to see the great man on TV rather than live needs their head read in my opinion.

I followed him on TV for the last decade and I can honestly say that I would trade all those hours of footage over the years to see him in the flesh for a few glimpses.

You can't put a price on seeing the greatest sportsman of all time unleash the driver for a 300+ metre shot down the fairway.

He is a living breathing Mastercard commercial. :D

Each to their own Thommo...but I agree with you regarding the tournament here, I bet he enjoyed racing Stockcars in NZ more then he did playing golf....

As for watching certain sports on TV vs Live, everone has a different opinion...some love the atmosphere of being their....some love to see the whole event play by play...each to their own I will say....

But I will say this Thommo, following Tiger must have been tiring, was there much time to sit down on your Rug and have a Breather ;)

Each to their own Thommo...but I agree with you regarding the tournament here, I bet he enjoyed racing Stockcars in NZ more then he did playing golf....

As for watching certain sports on TV vs Live, everone has a different opinion...some love the atmosphere of being their....some love to see the whole event play by play...each to their own I will say....

But I will say this Thommo, following Tiger must have been tiring, was there much time to sit down on your Rug and have a Breather ]

especially when Ana Ivanovic is on the course who happened to be there on the Saturday when I attended which incidentally was an xtra incentive to follow Adam Scott for a couple of holes. ;):D

I was also surprised to see Cambo emerge from the tunnel while I was waiting for Tiger to come out especially since he, like Danny Lee, had missed the cut.

Definitely not an event that the rug would need to be in attendance. :D

I was also surprised to see Cambo emerge from the tunnel while I was waiting for Tiger to come out especially since he, like Danny Lee, had missed the cut.

Danny Lee? what score did he shoot.

And did you manage to get a photo of Tiger? Ana? or even Danny :D :D

Danny Lee? what score did he shoot.

And did you manage to get a photo of Tiger? Ana? or even Danny :D :D

He wasn't even there!! That would explain why he didn't make the cut. :D :D

Had the photo taken with Danny last year where we followed him for his entire round.

Took a video of Tiger as he emerged from the tunnel to begin his round but no photo!! ;)

Ana was in the corporate area and no chance for a photo with her either. :D

I followed Frank Nobilo around Huntingdale in the 2000 or 2001 Aus Masters. Only a few of us following him, but for about five holes one was Cathy Freeman. She was a real good sort. Very petit I recall. Happy to chat, dinky di and down to earth. And I did get a photo.

I followed Frank Nobilo around Huntingdale in the 2000 or 2001 Aus Masters. Only a few of us following him, but for about five holes one was Cathy Freeman. She was a real good sort. Very petit I recall. Happy to chat, dinky di and down to earth. And I did get a photo.

My mate who owns the dairy around the corner met Cathy Freeman once when she came in to buy some stuff and when he asked for her autograph she ran out!! ha ha

Must've been in a hurry. :D

A few years ago when the West Indies were in town, I saw Brian Lara and a few others in McDonalds...

Brian was having a fillet combo...with diet coke..

I waited for Brian to finish his meal and, as soon as he left, I retrieved the cardboard wrapper that his fillet came in from the rubbish bin...

My mate took a photo of me with my head in the rubbish bin and I have it framed and hanging in my lounge..

It was probably the proudest day of my life..

A few years ago when the West Indies were in town, I saw Brian Lara and a few others in McDonalds...

Brian was having a fillet combo...with diet coke..

I waited for Brian to finish his meal and, as soon as he left, I retrieved the cardboard wrapper that his fillet came in from the rubbish bin...

My mate took a photo of me with my head in the rubbish bin and I have it framed and hanging in my lounge..

It was probably the proudest day of my life..

Brian Lara was actually at the Melbourne Cup this year. ;)

He mentioned some strange man with a very big chip on his shoulder from the Wellington McDonalds wearing some jodhpurs and a Hurricanes jersey sniffing around his table.

That must've been you. :D

Ho ho ho

I rarely visit the site these days, and god i miss your humour, has anyone told you what a truly funny fellow you are.

I`ve a question for you...How many days a year does it take to post 6.13 times a day?

And when you work out how badly you have wasted your time trying sooo hard to be witty,ascerbic,congenial(to the movers and shakers)because you try sooo hard, what will you do wih the spare time on your hands?

Surely you could attempt to get to 7 or so posts per day like SLB,or,instead of tapping the tripe out on a keyboard you could speak it over a garden and just watch things grow.

I rarely visit the site these days, and god i miss your humour, has anyone told you what a truly funny fellow you are.

I`ve a question for you...How many days a year does it take to post 6.13 times a day?

And when you work out how badly you have wasted your time trying sooo hard to be witty,ascerbic,congenial(to the movers and shakers)because you try sooo hard, what will you do wih the spare time on your hands?

Surely you could attempt to get to 7 or so posts per day like SLB,or,instead of tapping the tripe out on a keyboard you could speak it over a garden and just watch things grow.

Ha ha jimbo....your jealousy of me is completely understandable.

I mean, if I was like ewe ( ie..bereft of a sense of humour or personality ), then i'd probably be jealous as well.

Yes i'm a regular poster on here jimbo.....life needs leaders for people like yourself to follow...and this site is no different.

But look at ewe jimbo.....the highlight of your life to date has been a conversation ewe had with Ernie Els at some golf tournament somewhere.....a conversation that i'm sure Ernie has long since forgotten about.

But big ups for the namedropping.

Have ewe ever considered moving to Melbourne?....or opening a McDonalds franchise in Nelson?...because ewe do have the personality traits to succeed with either of those if ewe so choose.

Ho ho ho

How did Curtley shape up Gastro?

My best mate and I managed to sneak into the grand opening of Sky City a few years back and when I took a piss I was flanked by double Olympic Gold medalist Danyon Loader and the current All Black captain at the time Sean Fitzpatrick. :D

I also had a brief chat with the Education Minister at the time Lockwood Smith on the night and sat at a black jack table alongside Russell Crowe and his two cousins Martin and Jeff. :D

Don't ask me about the size of their wangers though Bert.

Unfortunately I'm not that way inclined. ;):D

That was definitely a night to remember though and a few different fraternities I'm sure even you would want to be part of. ;):D