RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Chris Horse Stopper

It's official. Melbourne, the sporting capital of the world!!.........

As voted in London last week.

Super 15 team - Richie McCaw??

Australian Masters - Tiger Woods

Australian Open - Roger Federer

Formula One Grand Prix - Jenson Button

Super Bikes - Valentino Rossi

NRL - Melbourne Storm

A League - Melbourne Victory

Cricket - Sheffield Shield - Boxing Day test MCG

Netball - Melbourne Vixens

AFL - Grand final

Flemington - Melbourne Cup Derby Day

Moonee Valley - Cox Plate

Caulfield - Caulfield Cup

Who'd want to live in any other city??? :D

Great Sporting City

Just a few to many Australians attending those events for my liking ]

at how well behaved the crowds were at the Masters this weekend.

Tiger was impressed and that factor may sway him to return next year to defend.

Good to hear about the All Whites doing the business too!!

Good stuff :y:

money will be the deciding factor.

and was paid the same to come to Australia for the Masters here.

$3 million is his standard appearance fee.

It is estimated that his inclusion in the field resulted in Victoria's economy being boosted by an extra $20 million.

He will be paid $3 million again to compete next year if he decides to come.

The money is not the issue, it's whether he chooses to include Australia in his schedule next year or not.

One interesting fact is that he has now won on every continent in the world.

Australia

US

Thailand

Germany

Spain

Scotland

Canada

Ireland

Japan

United Arab Emirates

England

Malaysia

Argentina

Chris did you notice if he had his own body guard or does he leave that to the local "authorities"?

He was surrounded by a 7 strong security detail for his entire round and the guys I heard had Australian accents.

They were all kitted out in his management company's IMG gear but they were extremely organised which would suggest atleast a couple of them travel with him anyway.

I managed to slap him on the shoulder as he walked past between holes but I don't think you'd be wanting to be do that too often!! :D

I managed to slap him on the shoulder as he walked past between holes but I don't think you'd be wanting to be do that too often!! :D

You are truly a slapper.....in more ways than one.

Do you lie awake at night, dreaming ( or should that be fantasizing?? ) about being in a spa-bath with Tiger and Federer?

You talk about these back-slaps and chance photo opportunities like you're proud of them....but I guarantee you that most on here just read it and laugh ( AT YOU )......thats once they stop vomiting of course.

Ho ho ho......slapper slapper slapper!!

You talk about these back-slaps and chance photo opportunities like you're proud of them....but I guarantee you that most on here just read it and laugh ( AT YOU )......thats once they stop vomiting of course.

You may not care less Catemar but I find his behaviour most bizarre. And if anyone should be accused of stalking then it would have to be Thomson.

Nearly every story he tells involves backslapping this celebrity, or having his photo taken with that celebrity, it's just got to be more than sheer good luck and coincidence that he keeps on encountering these people.

I also have noticed how he always seems to want to have the last word in a debate, as if it gives him some sort of perverse satisfaction.

So I will make this comment, and this comment only, and leave it at that.

Melbourne--The best city in the world, not to mention "The sporting capital of the world"...Would not live anywhere else. Something on all the time. Great venues, great sports and entertainment. Went to Nickelback last night and still ringing in the ears...PS tickets at $143, ok for me, but bit pricey for younger fans?? Notice big prices for many events now. Aus Open in tennis is around the $100 mark once the first 3 odd days are done. Cricket and Footy still good value.

Melbourne--The best city in the world, not to mention "The sporting capital of the world"...Would not live anywhere else. Something on all the time. Great venues, great sports and entertainment. Went to Nickelback last night and still ringing in the ears...PS tickets at $143, ok for me, but bit pricey for younger fans?? Notice big prices for many events now. Aus Open in tennis is around the $100 mark once the first 3 odd days are done. Cricket and Footy still good value.

I bought a 4 night session to the Australian Open this year which cost around $300 which I thought was pretty good value too considering I got to see Federer v Safin, Nadal v Haas and Djokovic all play but seeing Tiger I would have to say was even better than Federer!!

When Federer played Sampras recently at Madison Square Garden I think Tiger Woods got more exposure as part of the audience than the both of them and this was emphasized when Sampras did the trademark Tiger fist pump when he won a point. Amazing!!

Pearl Jam are playing at Etihad this Friday canny too with Ben Harper and Liam Finn supporting and Moby will be here in January.

His second trip will be far less successful should he come. Like David Beckham coming here, first time is huge because it's never happened before and people treat it like a once in a lifetime.

By the second time the novelty has worn off.

I bought a 4 night session to the Australian Open this year which cost around $300 which I thought was pretty good value too considering I got to see Federer v Safin, Nadal v Haas and Djokovic all play but seeing Tiger I would have to say was even better than Federer!!

When Federer played Sampras recently at Madison Square Garden I think Tiger Woods got more exposure as part of the audience than the both of them and this was emphasized when Sampras did the trademark Tiger fist pump when he won a point. Amazing!!

Pearl Jam are playing at Etihad this Friday canny too with Ben Harper and Liam Finn supporting and Moby will be here in January.

Can't make the Pearl Jam show on Friday, Would have loved it.

Hunterville...I have no doubt Tiger would sell out the Masters, if he came back. Course only holds around 25,000 each day, so it's a relatively small number, for the hype he brings...Thousands missed out this time, that simply could not get tickets. Course was packed hours before he teed-off. Will be the same if he returns.

His second trip will be far less successful should he come. Like David Beckham coming here, first time is huge because it's never happened before and people treat it like a once in a lifetime.

By the second time the novelty has worn off.

I can guarantee that anyone who had the privilege of seeing him this time around would pay up again to see him next year.

I went 5 holes ahead of him after he teed off at the first and spent the best part of an hour to see him right from behind the tee at the 6th. Those five minutes he spent walking back from the tee measuring the distance and taking several practice swings before unleashing his drive was worth far more than the $44 price of the ticket.

David Beckham wouldn't rate in the top 20 footballers of all time yet Tiger Woods is regarded as the greatest player of all time and by alot of people including myself as the greatest sportsman of all time.

They say that a golfer doesn't mature until his thirties and Tiger has already bagged 14 majors yet arguably he is only beginning to hit his prime.

TV doesn't do the man justice.

You have to see it to believe it.

I get what Bradez is saying

Now it would be great to meet the man and have a round of Golf with him.

But to watch Golf, the big screen Telly at home where you get to see every shot and know who is leading and when the leaderboard changes gives you the best coverage.

But like Motor Racing, Horse Racing as well....even though you get to see far less sometimes you just have to be there to experience it.

I can guarantee that anyone who had the privilege of seeing him this time around would pay up again to see him next year.

I went 5 holes ahead of him after he teed off at the first and spent the best part of an hour to see him right from behind the tee at the 6th. Those five minutes he spent walking back from the tee measuring the distance and taking several practice swings before unleashing his drive was worth far more than the $44 price of the ticket.

David Beckham wouldn't rate in the top 20 footballers of all time yet Tiger Woods is regarded as the greatest player of all time and by alot of people including myself as the greatest sportsman of all time.

They say that a golfer doesn't mature until his thirties and Tiger has already bagged 14 majors yet arguably he is only beginning to hit his prime.

TV doesn't do the man justice.

You have to see it to believe it.

On what basis do you say Tiger is the greatest golfer of all time?

Major wins?

PGA wins?

Please tell.