RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Chris Wood

Name for my horse please.

Morning Race Cafe Team, our boy heads to Tauranga tomorrow to line up in race 2.

Happy with him, he came through last weeks trial well, not really sure about the Heavy 11 track, but we have to start somewhere and he does seem to get through the going judging by his recent trials efforts.

Andrew Calder takes the mount and he was a pleased with the trial win.

Good luck to Anne and Steve, fellow shareholders, let the fun begin!

3 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

I don't normally bag Jocks but that was a very ordinary ride...JMO...but the horse to his credit ran well...kept on going when he should have lay down with the run he had in transit...:rcf-monkey:

Are you suggesting he may have covered a bit of extra ground Scooby? Tauranga is such a strange track at the best of times, either they handle it or they don't. It was quite a reasonable run and probably good practice for the horse. I'm sure the connections will be happy enough pressing on.

Happy enough team, 1.19 and change showed how testing the track was, 98mm of rain in the week leading up to the day.

Andrew commented that he was going to push forward but was going to have to work to get there, so decided to take a sit.

Tempo was moderate, so who knows, he was out there, I wasn’t!

Horse rallied well in the straight, the experience won’t do him any harm and connections were happy.

Will let you know shortly where we head next!

3 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

Thanks Team, he has come along nicely since his last run, the downgraded track should be up his ally, and we will let him slide forward. 
Chelsea Burdens 3kg claim should be of major assist.

Good luck to my two co-owners!

Looked to be green and still doing things a bit wrong? I hope he's pulled up O.K to fight another day. :rcfe-like:

58 minutes ago, Gruff said:

She looked to be riding to instructions? certainly not ideal given Rowena had similar ideas, worth a try and it is a learning curve :rcfe-like: 

I am sure the instructions were not to go forward and don't give him a breather...If he was mine I would forget he went round... again..he does not have much luck in his races so far.

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

I am sure the instructions were not to go forward and don't give him a breather...If he was mine I would forget he went round... again..he does not have much luck in his races so far.

Instructions were to slide forward but unfortunately was taken on in front which more than likely fired him up.

22 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

she could have taken a sit...as I said its just my opinion not my horse so nothing to do with me...cheers.Slide forward does not mean lead at all cost...

Yep agree...could have taken a sit also.