RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Chris Wood

Name for my horse please.

On 6/28/2019 at 7:14 PM, High Sparrow said:

Wow, I'm blown away Chris. Thanks so much for your generosity and feel lucky and honoured that you went with Voltaire's Secret when the other two names that were taken were such good fits.  This is going to add considerable interest for this old timer who's never so much as owned a hair on a horse's head. I wish you all the best with him, he looks like a progressive type and I am so pleased to be associated with Voltaire's Secret and such a good horseman as yourself through this mutual interest.  My racing day suddenly got a lot more interesting.  Kind regards, HS.

P.S. Have sent you that email address.

Wow! Your first ownership experience! Great name and good luck to you and many pats on the horses neck! Cheers!

Thanks very much Trump - Yes - never been able to afford to race a horse, so this is new territory for me and I'm really looking forward to it. Chris has been very kind with this generous offer and I was very lucky to win as there were many good names entered. Kind regards and good punting.

On 6/28/2019 at 9:14 PM, High Sparrow said:

Wow, I'm blown away Chris. Thanks so much for your generosity and feel lucky and honoured that you went with Voltaire's Secret when the other two names that were taken were such good fits.  This is going to add considerable interest for this old timer who's never so much as owned a hair on a horse's head. I wish you all the best with him, he looks like a progressive type and I am so pleased to be associated with Voltaire's Secret and such a good horseman as yourself through this mutual interest.  My racing day suddenly got a lot more interesting.  Kind regards, HS.

P.S. Have sent you that email address.

Great to hear you are so excited about your new racing venture, and to be honest, thats what racing is all about, wishing you all the luck and hope you can pick up a few wins or places along the way, just getting one to the races, a thrill in itself, but you can't beat the buzz and excitement of winning a race, a big thanks to Chris for his generosity, and his clever idea.Im sure we will be all watching the horses progress 

All is confirmed, registration went through today, High Sparrow locked in, a lady who has always given me the time of the day at Counties RC has also copped 5% for being a good person.

I love people that are involved in Racing administration that get sweet FA out of it, the big cheese swoop on the profits and leave the day to day running of the industry to these people and they get no recognition.  Not talking about  individual club admin, the fairs at Well bug me >

Hopefully our boy does us some justice team, we will head to the races shortly, and if he doesn’t come up with the goods, we will go again !

On 7/5/2019 at 8:50 AM, Chris Wood said:

All is confirmed, registration went through today, High Sparrow locked in, a lady who has always given me the time of the day at Counties RC has also copped 5% for being a good person.

I love people that are involved in Racing administration that get sweet FA out of it, the big cheese swoop on the profits and leave the day to day running of the industry to these people and they get no recognition.  Not talking about  individual club admin, the fairs at Well bug me >

Hopefully our boy does us some justice team, we will head to the races shortly, and if he doesn’t come up with the goods, we will go again !

Great stuff Chris!All the very best to you and connections

Hey HS..

There for all to see on the NZR website

(sorry not sure how to copy and paste it properly).

Voltaire's Secret (NZ) 2015

Trainer: Chris Wood / Cambridge

Training Location: Cambridge

Image.ashx?version=3.168&size=SL&p=%2fCommon%2fImages%2fSilks%2fGold_light_green_diamonds_sleeves_and_cap.jpg

Race info

• Flat Rating: 45
  • Steeple Rating: 0
  • Hurdle Rating: 0
  • Current Gear:
    • Approved Plates
    • Lugging Bit

Horse Details

3YO Bay Gelding

• Owner: S Plowman, A Pointon & C J Wood
  • Breeder: Marriott Thoroughbreds Ltd
  • icon-karaka.png
  • icon-cert-barrier.png

Current Nominations

Current Fields

•  

On 7/5/2019 at 2:49 PM, High Sparrow said:

Thanks so much for your kind words and sentiments Sayer. Will be nice to think we have the Race Cafe community cheering Voltaire's Secret on.

I will be doing likewise ...from the subtropical norf. Best wishes HS

He banged his head on the truck when he was down to make his debut several weeks ago and had blood coming from one nostril. It took awhile to settle down, with a mild dose of antibiotics to do that. He had an easy time and had his first bit of quicker work, 800m at 3/4 pace last Saturday here at Cambridge.

He came through that well, and will have another one tomorrow before a possible jumpout on Friday here at Cambridge.

Then I will sort out a race for him.

I will update you when I have a concrete plan.

On 7/10/2019 at 9:57 PM, Gruff said:

Critter and Mad Marks Fav Tab operator from Ruakaka tavern was there on my last visit, like the new layout:rcf-happy-5:

haven't been in there ..will make a point of doing so on next trip over that way (this Friday)