RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Chris Wood

Name for my horse please.

9 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

Down to a short list team, decision made this weekend.

The horse trialled up again at the last Cambridge heats, and he is now ready to head to the  races.

Back to you all soon!

Could you post the short list Chris?....just out of interest. :) Thanks.

Short List

Scooby - Tell Nobody

Poundforpound - Match Fixing

Tarantula - Swiss Wood

Blue - Love Match

Grego - Ace Between Us

Ted - Off The Record

Swoopa- Careless Whisper

QCR - Entre Nour

Sobeit - Nothing But Skin

Idolmite - Rumour Has It

Sandpiper - Raise A Racket

Gruff - Court In The Act

High Sparrow - Voltaire’s Secret

Taaxi - Love All Secrets

Any thoughts out there?

Just now, Chris Wood said:

Short List

Scooby - Tell Nobody

Tarantula - Swiss Wood

Blue - Love Match

Grego - Ace Between Us

Ted - Off The Record

Swoopa- Careless Whisper

QCR - Entre Nour

Idolmite - Rumour Has It

Gruff - Court In The Act

Taaxi - Love All Secrets

Any thoughts out there?

Yeah, you've missed all of mine....:rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Yeah, you've missed all of mine....:rolleyes:

I'm gutted too:rcf-sad-12:... CAFERS CALL didn't even make the short-list either.

Thought it was a good name as whenever he ran everyone on RaceCafe would recognise the name straight away and feel as if they were all part of the ownership group too.

Oh well, Good Luck to all those who made the short-list..

9 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

Short List

Scooby - Tell Nobody

Tarantula - Swiss Wood

Blue - Love Match

Grego - Ace Between Us

Ted - Off The Record

Swoopa- Careless Whisper

QCR - Entre Nour

Idolmite - Rumour Has It

Gruff - Court In The Act

Taaxi - Love All Secrets

Any thoughts out there?

Am happy to of made the short list. Some great names there. 

3 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

I think     Game Set Match    is a good one :)    I know it's not on the list but it's cute.

Your input is always gold Chesty but cute very rarely wins... Iron mike calls himself Hoochy Coochy he may not of reached the pinnacle in boxing:rcfe-happy-2:

The name has been decided, Voltaire’s Secret, proposed by High Sparrow. Please send me your email address and I will send the forms that need to be filled out for your 5% share. 

Candide, who is Between You And Me’s grandam, was also the name of Voltaire’s first published work.

Voltaire’s estate was on the Swiss border and he was an ace writer.

Thanks for all of your input, two unlucky candidates were Swoopa ( Careless Whisper) and Gruff ( Court In The Act) as both names were already taken and they were my first two choices.

Wow, I'm blown away Chris. Thanks so much for your generosity and feel lucky and honoured that you went with Voltaire's Secret when the other two names that were taken were such good fits.  This is going to add considerable interest for this old timer who's never so much as owned a hair on a horse's head. I wish you all the best with him, he looks like a progressive type and I am so pleased to be associated with Voltaire's Secret and such a good horseman as yourself through this mutual interest.  My racing day suddenly got a lot more interesting.  Kind regards, HS.

P.S. Have sent you that email address.

12 hours ago, High Sparrow said:

Wow, I'm blown away Chris. Thanks so much for your generosity and feel lucky and honoured that you went with Voltaire's Secret when the other two names that were taken were such good fits.  This is going to add considerable interest for this old timer who's never so much as owned a hair on a horse's head. I wish you all the best with him, he looks like a progressive type and I am so pleased to be associated with Voltaire's Secret and such a good horseman as yourself through this mutual interest.  My racing day suddenly got a lot more interesting.  Kind regards, HS.

P.S. Have sent you that email address.

Congratulations HS... when I didn't make the short list Voltaire's Secret became my favourite name... Are you based in the North so will be able to make it to the races when he lines up.?

Congratulations High Sparrow may you have every success! :rcf-happy-7:

I'm sure Voltaire's Secret will get a great following from all Race Cafe members who will also enjoy any success that comes your way!

Thanks Chris Wood for this very kind gesture and opportunity to race a horse from your stable. May you train many more winners! :rcfe-like:

3 hours ago, Ponderosa8 said:

Congratulations HS... when I didn't make the short list Voltaire's Secret became my favourite name... Are you based in the North so will be able to make it to the races when he lines up.?

Thanks for your kind words to all those who offered congratulations.  Yes I'm in the north but at the bottom end - Wellington.  Will certainly be looking forward to seeing him run in the flesh at some stage if I can get a weekend off from watching my own runners (human runners that is - I've been a volunteer athletics coach for 41 years). If he wins any money I intend to donate some of it on each occasion to the Mary Potter Hospice in Wellington where I worked as a volunteer for 12 years and then did two years on the permanent staff. So hopefully Voltaire's Secret can do some good in that way too.