RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Chris Wood

Name for my horse please.

20 hours ago, Patiti said:

Lollipop or Mr Sandman

... which reminds me of a trivia question.

How did that lolly on a stick get its name?

Named after Lolly Pop, a popular racehorse of that time. (New Haven, 1908)

A generous offer Chris.

Voltaire's Secret for me (Candide, who is Between You and Me's grandam, was also the name of Voltaire's first published work). Voltaire's estate was on the Swiss border and he was an 'ace' writer.

Otherwise maybe through the tennis connection Fed's Secret Choice  (This brings in the Redoubte's Choice connection with the other two names).

On 4/26/2019 at 4:20 PM, Chris Wood said:

Today’s trial was a little bit disappointing.

I will tinker with his gear, and won’t name him until I am confident he can do something when he steps out.

The offer I put up still stands and I will sort through the names and let you know the name I choose.

I will also keep you updated as to his progress, and the gear amendments.

Have a great weekend!

Without wishing to tell my grandmother how to suck eggs Chris,  can I suggest you consider trying him with a rubber-lined bit (the white 'circular'  ones) as he seemed to be a bit keen at times and I've seen it settle their tendency to 'reef' a bit, as your fellow seemed to have a wee inclination towards that sort of keeness at times. I thought it a nice trial as he was always pretty much travelling in quite tight quarters and that can be pretty freaky for inexperienced horses, as you will know from your own long experience. Obviously still a bit to learn and tinker with but I liked the look of the way he traveled to the line when he finally angled for a bit of daylight when the trial was all but over - and it was the fastest trial of the day. Good Luck with him. 

Afternoon all, the Swiss Ace trialed today on a reasonable surface here at Cambridge, in Heat 17.

With the addition of blinkers, he jumped from the barrier and put himself in the trial, sitting 3 wide on the pace.

He travelled well and gave a kick in the straight, running 3rd, a better effort.

Andrew Calder rode him and said it was a good enough trial, and I am thinking a dead to slow  track will suit him, so i better get in to naming mode, and we can get him registered and one lucky (well hopefully) new owner who came up with what I think is the best name will be the receipeint of a 5% share.

Good luck to everyone that forwarded their choice.

2 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

Down to a short list team, decision made this weekend.

The horse trialled up again at the last Cambridge heats, and he is now ready to head to the  races.

Back to you all soon!

can i put a late entry in? lol

name suggestion:

Brick Wall

2 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

Down to a short list team, decision made this weekend.

The horse trialled up again at the last Cambridge heats, and he is now ready to head to the  races.

Back to you all soon!

That was Monday 27th May, Heat 13... Another nice trial.