poundforpound

What’s the go with Riverton

103 posts in this topic

Impressive winner in the first jumps race of the season, looked the winner a long way out.

Who is the chap Hutton who seems to have a lot of jumpers but they don't seem to do much. I see he got a few wins back in 2012/13, so obviously had a good horse then, can anyone recall what it was?

2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

That said I have some faith in the MAC group and their consultative & inclusive attitude.

Huh? Perhaps you would enlighten us? I'm struggling to find a single recommendation in their February report which is soundly based on evidence and likely to provide better outcomes for industry participants whether that be clubs, owners, licence-holders or punters. Please when you revert, exclude anything that involves stealing from communities or taxpayers. Thanks.

25 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Impressive winner in the first jumps race of the season, looked the winner a long way out.

Who is the chap Hutton who seems to have a lot of jumpers but they don't seem to do much. I see he got a few wins back in 2012/13, so obviously had a good horse then, can anyone recall what it was?

He's had a few - Irish Dude, Pakitin Pete, No Rush'n years ago. Think he was a Dentist in Timaru, may still be.

55 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Huh? Perhaps you would enlighten us? I'm struggling to find a single recommendation in their February report which is soundly based on evidence and likely to provide better outcomes for industry participants whether that be clubs, owners, licence-holders or punters. Please when you revert, exclude anything that involves stealing from communities or taxpayers. Thanks.

Ok, disclosure time, I’m mates with three of them and know the other two.....I’m biased......but I do know they’re asking the right questions

ARC leased the land they did not need, after displacing the NZTBA and the leaseholders had to pay the ARC MORE THAN $40Mfor that privilege.

P4P, what happened to the balance?

If the event centre had not continued to turn a profit the ARC would be broke, outside of the lease return.

4 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Insider / Liz / Shad

Don’t start me on comparisons between Riverton and Ellerslie or I’ll raise the rather delicate subject of one club dabbling in pokie fraud whilst the other has accumulated 40 million in cash reserves ( and that figure is likely to go significantly higher very soon ).

I don’t doubt for one second that Riverton is unique, and a decent track, but to somehow suggest it’s a shining example on the NZ racing landscape, and Ellerslie’s not, is downright bizarre 

Give yourselves an uppercut, all three of you.

Cheers

John

Just now, John Clydesdale said:

ARC leased the land they did not need, after displacing the NZTBA and the leaseholders had to pay the ARC MORE THAN $40Mfor that privilege.

P4P, what happened to the balance?

If the event centre had not continued to turn a profit the ARC would be broke, outside of the lease return.

Cheers

John

Be nice John, don’t be bitter about the breeders getting the heave ho 

The ARC has been quite astute and they’ve used their income well.....plus there’s more to come....you know that 

46 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Ok, disclosure time, I’m mates with three of them and know the other two.....I’m biased......but I do know they’re asking the right questions

Geez, don't say they went to school with your cousin or slept with your sister? You've been spending too much time with "Stopper".

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

If they are asking the right questions of the right sources and you are mates or know them well. then you'd be able to answer my question which I repeat, "A single recommendation in their February report which is soundly based on evidence and likely to provide better outcomes for industry participants whether that be clubs, owners, licence-holders or punters?"

2 hours ago, Leggy said:

The above  does not surprise me Leggy. You are very negative yet never offer any positive solutions. Perhaps you could enlighten all on RC as to how you would fix NZ racing and assist all its stakeholders.

Greg

2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

I might add to that, if they are asking the right questions, are they getting answers to them from the right people? Most of racing's revenue comes from wagering so you'd expect that they'd be asking people with expertise in that area. Who have they asked about that?

32 minutes ago, Leggy said:

If they are asking the right questions of the right sources and you are mates or know them well. then you'd be able to answer my question which I repeat, "A single recommendation in their February report which is soundly based on evidence and likely to provide better outcomes for industry participants whether that be clubs, owners, licence-holders or punters?"

Once I’ve had a read I’ll do just that...however.....you need to give me time, I’m off to Bali for two weeks this Thursday, then early May I’ve got Felaar running in Melbourne and Consensus in Queensland.....I’m being stretched a bit and sorting racing’s problems out is not a priority sorry.

33 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Once I’ve had a read I’ll do just that...however.....you need to give me time, I’m off to Bali for two weeks this Thursday, then early May I’ve got Felaar running in Melbourne and Consensus in Queensland.....I’m being stretched a bit and sorting racing’s problems out is not a priority sorry.

No longer a priority of mine either. Enjoy the travels and the racing and best of luck with the runners in Oz.

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

The above  does not surprise me Leggy. You are very negative yet never offer any positive solutions. Perhaps you could enlighten all on RC as to how you would fix NZ racing and assist all its stakeholders.

Greg

Hi Greg:

Sorry you have got that impression. You are entitled to your opinion that I am negative but I think I am negative only about persisting with what is already well demonstrated to not be working.  If you search the café archives you will see that I have extensively argued for positive ways forward over the last decade or so and even though you are responding to a post from P4P which I am challenging, I think he and I agree for the most part on what those are. I think he would also verify that I have not only done that in social media but with the powers that be including some quite extensive pro bono analysis at their request, all of which went ignored.

I don't have the time or energy to write an essay here reiterating those recommendations. However, in a paragraph, they fall under two banners. One is a more competitive and better priced wagering product and the other, a more competitive, wagering attractive, racing product. It's possibly too late to save the ship, but the latter would include things like fixing the handicapping system, the programming and the stakes structure and expenditure so that funding is not all wasted on stakes. The former would be probably off loading the expensive FOB system and concentrating on making the tote business globally competitive, particularly in terms of pricing, but now also on the service front given the dog of a website they are currently offering.

Hope that helps.

Brent

p.s. not 100% who you are and not going to post my number on here but you probably can find it, so feel free to give me a call if you want to talk this through further. Or pm me.

Barry Lichter @Barry_Lichter

NZRB really in self destruct mode now. First Singapore and now Riverton meeting has only horse's name and number. No jockey, trainer, weight, barrier draw or form. This is Janet and John stuff @NZRBJohnAllen if you want people to bet.

20 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Bugger me! Almost the same time you announced you were off to Bali, a bloody Volcano erupted in Bali!