RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Red Rum

Alex Scott Maiden Stakes Newmarket

First race tonight on day 3 of Craven meeting at Newmarket is the Alex Scott Maiden Stakes. If you don't know the story about Alex Scott it's a sad tale  with a twist at end . He was a real up and coming young trainer from a military family . He trained Sheik Albadou  at Newmarket   , sent him to Breeders Cup at Churchill Downs in 91 and beat yanks at own game in Breeders Cup Sprint in days it was only  one day and Sprint on dirt was only option for sprinter at meet . He trained a few other top liners too. He started to train for Maktoums and in August 1994 sent an unraced 2 year old to Newbury for a conditions  race that  normally was quite hot , It won . In September 1994 Alex Scott was murdered ,  shot dead by one of his grooms at his famiy owned stud farm . 

The horse that won that Newbury race went to Saeed Bin Suroor who was starting out his  UK training career. It only raced three more times , won Epsom Derby in race record time  , King George at Ascot and the  Arc , the mighty Lammtara.

2nd race tonight has Well of Wisdom kicking off ,a half brother to  Avilius trained by Charlie Appleby .

2 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

First race tonight on day 3 of Craven meeting at Newmarket is the Alex Scott Maiden Stakes. If you don't know the story about Alex Scott it's a sad tale  with a twist at end . He was a real up and coming young trainer from a military family . He trained Sheik Albadou  at Newmarket   , sent him to Breeders Cup at Churchill Downs in 91 and beat yanks at own game in Breeders Cup Sprint in days it was only  one day and Sprint on dirt was only option for sprinter at meet . He trained a few other top liners too. He started to train for Maktoums and in August 1994 sent an unraced 2 year old to Newbury for a conditions  race that  normally was quite hot , It won . In September 1994 Alex Scott was murdered ,  shot dead by one of his grooms at his famiy owned stud farm . 

The horse that won that Newbury race went to Saeed Bin Suroor who was starting out his  UK training career. It only raced three more times , won Epsom Derby in race record time  , King George at Ascot and the  Arc , the mighty Lammtara.

2nd race tonight has Well of Wisdom kicking off ,a half brother to  Avilius trained by Charlie Appleby .

Cheers for the heads up Red Rum. I’ll check him out. Currently paying $3.50 Fixed over here. Happy Easter :)

12 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Just listened to the replay now and sounds like Well of Wisdom got up in the last stride. Hope you had a bet on him & thanks for sharing the story on Lammtara.

Life is short Red Rum. A million people go to sleep at night and never wake up. Moral of the story is to be grateful and to make the most of it while you’re here. :)

Here’s a pic of the sunset in Richmond last night. So grateful just to be alive. 

32F88F77-0A0C-47A9-BF81-38BD777A0F22.jpeg

3 hours ago, CBT said:

Just listened to the replay now and sounds like Well of Wisdom got up in the last stride. Hope you had a bet on him & thanks for sharing the story on Lammtara.

Life is short Red Rum. A million people go to sleep at night and never wake up. Moral of the story is to be grateful and to make the most of it while you’re here. :)

Here’s a pic of the sunset in Richmond last night. So grateful just to be alive. 

32F88F77-0A0C-47A9-BF81-38BD777A0F22.jpeg

Top city Melbourne , racing great , pubs great , transport better than great . Soon  be Spring racing again . Good luck on punt over easter .

55 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Top city Melbourne , racing great , pubs great , transport better than great . Soon  be Spring racing again . Good luck on punt over easter .

Cheers Red Rum. You too. There’s a horse racing at Caulfield tomorrow I’m very confident on. Will let you know a bit later. 

4 hours ago, Trump said:

Shame about the weather though. Four seasons in a day! 

I love the weather in Melbourne Ernie.  I couldn’t handle living in that humidity sapping weather of Queensland although I do love Port Douglas for a holiday. :)

31 forecast here tomorrow. B)

Qld -beautiful one day, perfect the next. It’s Having lived in Melb for 15 years I can’t say I miss the weather. Whilst I’m in Melb every 6 - 8 weeks, the weather reminds me of why I left it. Enjoy your 31 tomorrow - it’s going to be a max of 18 on Monday! By contrast, I had a swim at Mermaid Beach this morning - the temp of the water was 25 !! Put your money on EF Troop in Brisbane tomorrow....at your own risk!

5 hours ago, Trump said:

Qld -beautiful one day, perfect the next. It’s Having lived in Melb for 15 years I can’t say I miss the weather. Whilst I’m in Melb every 6 - 8 weeks, the weather reminds me of why I left it. Enjoy your 31 tomorrow - it’s going to be a max of 18 on Monday! By contrast, I had a swim at Mermaid Beach this morning - the temp of the water was 25 !! Put your money on EF Troop in Brisbane tomorrow....at your own risk!

Do you get to the Sunshine Coast course races much , only been there once but thought it was a very good set up and had nice afternoons racing . I would like to get to some of those outback picnic tracks at some point when I get more time , the likes of Gympie .Have you  been to many of them, if so what's a good one . Not Birdsville as time I get there I will be way too old to challenge the touring boxing troupe let alone have my ticker last the strip bars.

Caloundra is the track made perfect for the Sunshine Coast. It’s facilities are fantastic. Elevated viewing areas under cover for the public all facing North. The track, imho, is one of the best in Australia. Well thought out by the Racing Minister of the time, Russ Hinze, Owner of Waverley Star. He had a vision and used Govt money to build it. They race about 50 times a year and also have night racing. I love going there. 

As for other tracks, Cairns is ok, but Rockhampton has been redeveloped and is becoming quite a large training centre. Kilroy is a good country track but Gympie I’m not a fan of. Townsville is good also. A lot of the other tracks in smaller pop areas are used for Non-Tab meetings and picnic races.