RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Boss Hogg

THE STING

Scooby just thought I would tell a story to lighten things up and give everyone a laugh.  Lets go back to 1976 or 77 we were at local races in Rotorua and a young jockey was just starting his racing life Simon Royal was on one of the favourites who was expected to win .We all punted it .But Simon missed the jump and the horse flew home for forth.As he was returning to the bird cage we let loose with really intelligent comments   like "try starting with the rest of the horses " and when the gates ...open its a good idea to go haha" .   His father Des a good friend  and an absolute gentleman was upset by this and told us in no uncertain terms.Moving on about a month   we were walking into our local pub at 11in the morning as we were the bookies  in our local .We thought there seemed to be a lot more people in there and I said to my partner in crime we will be in for a big day the first from Wellington was coming up and a few bets started coming in for a first starter called Sly Glance then some more bets 10ew and so they kept on /Trying to figure out what was happening as no jockey was list on the horse.I said to me mate at least the bets aren"t that big well in came 20ews and then 50ews still scrambling to  find who the jockey was then just before start two 100ews Sly Glance   was a speed machine and never looked like losing a perfect ride by you guest it Simon Royal.We were on our hands and knees and were paying out every man and his dog I think it was about 6 or 7 thousand as SG paid $20 we tried to get it all paid so we could fight back for the rest of the day.The bar went quiet and in walked Des straight over to us  an said gotcha never disrespect my family . The bar let out cheer and a lesson to a couple of bookies . Simon went on to become an excellent jockey and who we followed after that.Well thats all I can remember on that story