RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GOM

Vale Max Matthews

Farewell old mate, one of the good buggers who was just as comfortable talking to the Queen as  a beggar on the street . He did both of those.

Well known and respected in both Islands as a champion breeder and trainer who won most of the group races in NZ often more than once with his small team. He was a tireless worker for the Tokoroa club right from it's beginning and leaves a large legacy in the industry.

I don't think I was ever with Max more than 5 minutes without both of us having a hearty laugh about something. He helped many within the industry especially newcomers

RIP  Max

12 minutes ago, GOM said:

Farewell old mate, one of the good buggers who was just as comfortable talking to the Queen as  a beggar on the street . He did both of those.

Well known and respected in both Islands as a champion breeder and trainer who won most of the group races in NZ often more than once with his small team. He was a tireless worker for the Tokoroa club right from it's beginning and leaves a large legacy in the industry.

I don't think I was ever with Max more than 5 minutes without both of us having a hearty laugh about something. He helped many within the industry especially newcomers

RIP  Max

Agree mike ....from kath and myself max was a person we aspired to be ....loved max in the way he gave love to all off us....rip max you willl never be forgotten..