RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CBT

True Story...almost.

3 minutes ago, Richmond Tiger said:

sorry mate, I actually missed your official request for information. I'm mates with a few of his and so we cross paths on the odd occasion..... its nothing to write home about, not that I actually ever suggested it was. When I do see him I'll ask what his recollection of you is though.  Given that you are to society what Stevie Wonder is to claybird shooting, I wont hold my breath. 

Righto, so “you’re mates with a few of his?” So you don’t actually know him then. 

Thanks for clarifying that Mr Nobody. :P

16 minutes ago, CT"s said:

Righto, so “you’re mates with a few of his?” So you don’t actually know him then. 

Thanks for clarifying that Mr Nobody. :P

think what you wish mate, its neither here nor there for me.

This is your cue to say "I had a good friend at school who I went to band camp with and he/she ended up getting the Whogivesafark prize for music and went on to become a prized player of the blue vein cornet, including mine"

Edited by Richmond Tiger
spelling

9 minutes ago, Richmond Tiger said:

think what you wish mate, its neither here nor there for me.

This is your cue to say "I had a good friend at school who I went to band camp with and he/she ended up getting the Whogivesafark prize for music and went on to become a priced player of the blue vein cornet, including mine"

You mean nothing to me. You’re a faceless keyboard warrior.

Keep doing what you do best hiding behind that AFL pseudonym. :P

Don’t tell me Mr “you’re mates with a few of his”. Next thing you’ll tell us all your name is actually Dustin Mr Nobody. :P

3798E14A-9585-445C-95FF-27C9823A22B7.png

2 hours ago, CT"s said:

Have you managed to speak to JB or Steve yet short stuff? 

This post of yours doesn’t make any sense.

You say you’ve done a 1:18 half yet it takes you 3:12 to do a full mara? 

Ted will verify the formula. You normally double your half time and add 10 minutes to get your full time which would give you a full mara time of 2:46. :ph34r: Where does the extra 26 mins come from? I’m sure you’ve got proof of these times don’t you? :P

02AC9D48-B4F1-4A8D-B63D-C7EFC31B94EB.png

Firstly, well done to both of you for running the half under 1:30.  Leo 1:18 is very good indeed and I can confirm that Rotorua is a tough course not conducive to fast times. Two of the three marathons that I ran were at Rotorua and both were in cold wet conditions with a head wind all the back to town so it was a tough day at the office I can tell you. The other marathon I ran was Honolulu in the heat, completely opposite conditions. 

Chris, I don't subscribe to paper theories re times as you posted above simply for the reason that it is all about the work that you have done to prepare beforehand plus it doesn't factor in weather conditions, how tough a course may be etc etc. Also, you will heard the term running negative splits where a person runs the second half of a marathon quicker than the first. That is not easy to do but people can do this. (I didn't in mine). A tip, improve your 5k and 10k times and your marathon time will improve also. 

But again you have both run commendable times for the half. :rcfe-like:  

22 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Firstly, well done to both of you for running the half under 1:30.  Leo 1:18 is very good indeed and I can confirm that Rotorua is a tough course not conducive to fast times. Two of the three marathons that I ran were at Rotorua and both were in cold wet conditions with a head wind all the back to town so it was a tough day at the office I can tell you. The other marathon I ran was Honolulu in the heat, completely opposite conditions. 

Chris, I don't subscribe to paper theories re times as you posted above simply for the reason that it is all about the work that you have done to prepare beforehand plus it doesn't factor in weather conditions, how tough a course may be etc etc. Also, you will heard the term running negative splits where a person runs the second half of a marathon quicker than the first. That is not easy to do but people can do this. (I didn't in mine). A tip, improve your 5k and 10k times and your marathon time will improve also. 

But again you have both run commendable times for the half. :rcfe-like:  

Cheers Ted. 

That theory subscribes well to my training partner who has a PB of 12:55 for 5K and 27:34 for 10km.

He has run a sub 2:20 full. B)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Mottram

13 minutes ago, Richmond Tiger said:

Happy to give you my full details if you DM me CT, seeing as it means so much to you. But please dont take that as a license to say “that legend the Richmond Tiger is a close personal friend of mine....”

Who said “that legend the Richmond Tiger is a close personal friend of mine?” :rolleyes:

Dusty and Trent are regulars at the cafe directly across the road from my work. I see them all the time.

This photo was taken in Elwood though at Dusty’s favourite cafe. B)

5 minutes ago, CT"s said:

Who said “that legend the Richmond Tiger is a close personal friend of mine?” :rolleyes:

Dusty and Trent are regulars at the cafe directly across the road from my work. I see them all the time.

This photo was taken in Elwood though at Dusty’s favourite cafe. B)

Dusty must have been pinching himself when he met you, CT. 

As a side note, his old man drinks at the right track in Auckland which is where I quite like having a beer. I guess that makes me a close friend of the Martin family. 

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

RT you’re a funny bastard, I loved the “Stevie Wonder” and “blue veined cornet” lines.......we need more of you on Cafe

Chris wants to know whether you’ll be bringing your telephone books with you when you visit The Governor?

537F1A58-1211-4567-B4C1-E1A1A1B9AEB4.png

3D05F3A3-3FD1-48A3-B42D-1969B7466111.png

This is bizarre stuff , from the start of thread one of the world's greatest racehorses , then someone riding a playhorse trained by D Weir , through to mention of one of the greatest distance runners taking a call of nature to an ex politician who's cooking skills go as high as making tin spaghetti pizza , visiting many other subjects on the  on the way . 

So all I want to know is can someone please tell me how much did Sunline cost at the bloodstock sales please .

6 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

This is bizarre stuff , from the start of thread one of the world's greatest racehorses , then someone riding a playhorse trained by D Weir , through to mention of one of the greatest distance runners taking a call of nature to an ex politician who's cooking skills go as high as making tin spaghetti pizza , visiting many other subjects on the  on the way . 

So all I want to know is can someone please tell me how much did Sunline cost at the bloodstock sales please .

Red Rum - hold fire! - we haven't got to the part about who beat who at the topless darts yet.

2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Poor old Scooby is trying to figure out how this became his most popular thread ever.

2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

To give CT some credit he did get one thing right, his cuzzie ( poor bastard ) did manage Mollies ( because he bought the lease )

Other than that this thread exposed the low life lying name dropping turd yet again.....he’s just a socially immature of no consequence, and whilst I’m not in favour of extreme violence I would have no issue if some good bastard chutneyed Tommo ...we’d all be better off .

Well of course you wouldn’t. You won’t even come and see us face to face at The Governor. You’re always getting people to do your dirty work for you.

But to be fair to you, without your telephone books, let’s face it, nobody would see you.

Chris has just sent me through footage of you manning the door outside HeadQuarters Viaduct recently. 

I’ll let others decide whether you could “chutney” anyone yourself.

22 minutes ago, Richmond Tiger said:

Judging by the number of reviews on Tripadvisor and Zomato for The Governor, you are struggling to get anyone to come in and see you face to face... 

Fake news. 

Don’t believe everything you read on the internet. 

If you believed what Molloy said on the internet apparently The Governor is closed. 

Come see for yourself Richmond Tiger.

10 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Mate you’re asleep at the wheel....I’ve already been there twice to look at your business with a view to taking you out because you’ve got no idea what you’re doing.

I told you, your funder ( whom the cafe is named after ) got me to look at it, but I declined the opportunity to touch it 

I find the description of it as a leading Cafe hilarious, it’s a dog !!

As for you managing Tabac for Neil Finn...I asked the big breweries, they said Steve Who ? :)

Shall we talk about the Mollies buy out and what the purchases allege happened there ??

Count your fingers......legend my arse.....leading AUCKLAND barman my arse..... 

Have we got under someone’s skin have we?

Unfortunately there’s not a lot we can do with your DNA.

Bill English (5’7”) looks like a giant next to you.

Don’t forget your telephone books when you visit The Governor so I can see you. 

9 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Bill might be an inch or two taller than that ......let me know when you want to hand the keys of The Governor over, I’ll turn it into something decent and I’ll find you a job.....doing what you’re good at....0000

I’ll come see you when I get back from Bali in two weeks, and I’ll stand on my bank balance, you stand on yours, then we’ll see who towers over who :) 

I didn’t know you were participating in the “midget throwing competition” in Bali this weekend?

In that case, your bank balance will be stacks higher. No contest.