RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CBT

True Story...almost.

On 4/19/2019 at 8:50 PM, poundforpound said:

Two are lies, the third I’m not sure about, so I want to know the identity of the allegedly “top” cafe then I can investigate and revert with the truth,

I’m very well connected in Auckland hospo, and you’re a known liar, so I want to flog you again.

Here’s an old FB profile pic short stuff from when he used to be the proprietor of Mollies. B)

How’s that investigation going?

Have you clarified that Neil used to own Tabac when Steve managed it? 

I’m waiting with baited breath. :P

20 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Two are lies, the third I’m not sure about, so I want to know the identity of the allegedly “top” cafe then I can investigate and revert with the truth,

I’m very well connected in Auckland hospo, and you’re a known liar, so I want to flog you again.

Which two are lies short stuff? :ph34r:

6783457D-169C-417B-A414-530C59015AED.png

26 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

You’ll be pleased to know I’ve had a few conversations with Mark where your name has come up short stuff. Surprise, surprise. :P

78ABAF83-B43B-4517-8BA4-8356827EEBF6.png

5 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Never heard of him....why would I ?

I don’t normally fraternize with lawyers and if he’s said he’s knows me he’s lying ( that’s a family trait of course ) or he’s being a name dropper ( another tragic family trait )

I think you’re getting a a bit nervous short stuff.

I didn’t say Mark knew you, I said your name came up in a conversation I had with him. 

Looking forward to my apology tomorrow and I’m sure Leigh will be fair and balanced in requesting the same after you yet again have accused me of being a liar. ;)

The truth always comes out in the end. :)

On 4/19/2019 at 9:54 PM, poundforpound said:

Give me some dates Tommo.

I’m making calls and no one knows a manager named  yet.

When was he at Tabac ?

Mollies ?

What’s the name of this top Cafe he allegedly owned ?

You’ll find out soon enough short stuff. Steve is one of the most well known and successful barmen in Auckland.

He also managed my uncle’s bar The Burdekin in Darlinghurst, Sydney for many years back when I used to live in Sydney. 

D3170330-FE79-4B79-9BC7-90EE97D09A7C.png

Ok guys lets make a deal...Chris you dont post stuff that is the stretched truth, post only what you know is correct not exaggerated.. and dont put things in there that need moderating that would insight Leo, and Leo please dont go the personal stuff with Chris by all means call him or anyone else out on what you see is wrong but no more personal stuff you guys, this only ruins it for everyone else.I have tried to keep it out for both of your posts with moderating..maybe you both need to use the ignore function then everyone will..or might be happy...have a good weekend...

2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

And further to this latest chapter of lies.....I’ve now done my homework 

He was a barman at Tabac

Neil Finn is a minority shareholder at Tabac

The Mollies story is sort of true, he did operate the lease and called himself “managing director”, but he left ( he was paid out a modest sum ) under a serious cloud that involves allegations of a very sensitive nature ( I’m not going to repeat them here because they’re very serious and he’s a victim of collateral damage here and certainly doesn’t need this publicity ).

As for the highly successful cafe.....I’m told by people who know him well that it’s closed, it was in Jervois Rd and he had trouble getting it off the ground, and it’s said to have subsequently failed, as a lot of them do.

Yet another litany of lies from the resident story teller 

Which people exactly are these as clearly you have been given wrong information. 

Come down to The Governor today and see for yourself and please don’t spread blatant lies about the business thank you.

http://thegovernor.co.nz/

5 minutes ago, Steve C said:

Which people exactly are these as clearly you have been given wrong information. 

Come down to The Governor today and see for yourself and please don’t spread blatant lies about the business thank you.

http://thegovernor.co.nz/

Seems plenty wrong information being fired at CBT.

Back to Sunline. The so called authorative sources say when Trevor was offered Sunline he went out to inspect Desert Sun. WRONG. He already had several Desert Suns including in work. He obviously went out to inspect Desert Sun but not for the sake of Sunline.

8 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I know JB well 

I’ve been asked to “get involved” and frequented your site on that basis numerous times

I declined the opportunity.

Tread carefully, I’m happy to unload on events of recent years if you wish.

Why don’t you come down to The Governor today and we can have a chat face to face?

I’m waiting for an apology please for your blatant lie regarding the business. 

3 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

No blatant lie.

I quoted persons you’ve done business with and if you push me I’ll state exactly what they said.

With regard to your cafe, one source ( a cafe owner in your precinct ) said they’d never heard of you, the other said “tread carefully”, and that you’d tried to get a cafe off the ground but it’d failed...I suppose failure is a relative term 

JB tried on more than one occasion to get me involved in your business ( small world, I didn’t know it was partially yours or that you were a partner or tenant there ) so I know a lot about it....and how average it is...I declined the opportunity....go ask JB if you doubt me.

Rest assured I’ll be revisiting the matter with JB after Easter now to ascertain exactly what the state of affairs is....and I might just accept his offer..

You said “I’ve been told it’s closed.”

It’s not. It’s open for business right now.

You were told a blatant lie and I am expecting an apology please. 

As I said before, feel free to come down to The Governor and we can talk face to face. 

Thank you

1 minute ago, poundforpound said:

The above is what I said, it’s absolutely true as quoted .....despite the fact they were wrong about it actually being closed ( it is however something of a failure as you’d agree, hence your backer, JB, has asked me to get involved twice )

Are you now suggesting I visit you to discuss a partnership opportunity :) If you are thanks but no thanks, I know the people who bought your last business off you very well and it’d be fair to say they might have some serious reservations about working with you .

We’re all aware of your reputation in the hospitality industry.

Looks like I won’t be getting an apology.

Please refrain from spreading further lies about the business in future and the offer is still on the table for you to come down and talk face to face at The Governor anytime.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Back to Sunline. The so called authorative sources say when Trevor was offered Sunline he went out to inspect Desert Sun. WRONG. He already had several Desert Suns including in work. He obviously went out to inspect Desert Sun but not for the sake of Sunline.

Looking at Desert Sun form , the great sadly departed Sir Henry Cecil took him to Yarmouth in 91 and he got done in a 4 runner race there ridden by the also sadly departed truly gifted jockey Pat Eddery . Also gone Walter Swinburn who  rode the winner and Alex Scott who trained the tail ender . Time just flys .

4 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Fiona McKee wrote:

"Somewhere in the back of his mind , every time he turned down a horse, he knew that this could be the very horse he'd been waiting for all his life. He could be a little stubborn at times especially when he felt he was being pressured into something he didn't want to do. He liked to do things at his own pace. He did, nevertheless, take the time and do a little homework, despite his desire not to get another horse into the stables. He decided to go and see Desert Sun. He was impressed with him and also with his breeding and performance on the racetrack; so much so that he sent a mare of his own to Desert Sun for service.

Perhaps the look of the stallion first-hand helped Trevor to make his mind up. When the breeders called Trevor for the third time he relented, telling them "Send the horse up and we'll take a look at her."  

If Trevor did have any Desert Suns then they would only been early 2yos at best as Sunline came out of Desert Sun's first foal crop so he wouldn't have known much about them.  

22 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Fiona McKee wrote:

"Somewhere in the back of his mind , every time he turned down a horse, he knew that this could be the very horse he'd been waiting for all his life. He could be a little stubborn at times especially when he felt he was being pressured into something he didn't want to do. He liked to do things at his own pace. He did, nevertheless, take the time and do a little homework, despite his desire not to get another horse into the stables. He decided to go and see Desert Sun. He was impressed with him and also with his breeding and performance on the racetrack; so much so that he sent a mare of his own to Desert Sun for service.

Perhaps the look of the stallion first-hand helped Trevor to make his mind up. When the breeders called Trevor for the third time he relented, telling them "Send the horse up and we'll take a look at her."  

If Trevor did have any Desert Suns then they would only been early 2yos at best as Sunline came out of Desert Sun's first foal crop so he wouldn't have known much about them.  

One of those funny old horses Desert Sun , name rings a bell from mists of time but hard to place exactly where he sat  from memory it was so long ago he was racing in UK . Checking him out again Warren Place must have thought a lot of him as he was hot favorite when runner up  in 2ND career race in the Craven Stakes having won one of those big field back end maidens as 2yo. A good one beat him in Marju and Environment Friend  was behind him and he was handy. I'd guess he would have been close to ante post fav for guineas before that race . Ran ok in guineas but then boxed around lower pattern , condition races for next two years.

Sir Henry Cecil had few through yard I've noticed ended up here at stud as well as Desert Sun .Volksraad , Lanfranco and  Gaius i am pretty sure was at Warren Place early 80s . Likely be a few others .

On 4/20/2019 at 9:23 AM, scooby3051 said:

Ok guys lets make a deal...Chris you dont post stuff that is the stretched truth, post only what you know is correct not exaggerated.. and dont put things in there that need moderating that would insight Leo, and Leo please dont go the personal stuff with Chris by all means call him or anyone else out on what you see is wrong but no more personal stuff you guys, this only ruins it for everyone else.I have tried to keep it out for both of your posts with moderating..maybe you both need to use the ignore function then everyone will..or might be happy...have a good weekend...

But Scoobs, it is seriously entertaining stuff. Let them go at it... 

On 4/18/2019 at 2:42 PM, poundforpound said:

He’s not skiting.....he’s self flagellating but he’s too stupid to see it.

Even an old slug like me can run far quicker than that worm......5 minute k’s FFS......he’s a slug.

That’s a 1.45 half marathon ( I’m 1.18 ) and a 3.30 full ( I’m 3.12 ).

I’m picking Ted would be 1.10 and 2.30......and that’s a proper runner 

The more the posts the more he demonstrates what a delusional & tragic person he is .....please don’t discourage him 

Have you managed to speak to JB or Steve yet short stuff? 

This post of yours doesn’t make any sense.

You say you’ve done a 1:18 half yet it takes you 3:12 to do a full mara? 

Ted will verify the formula. You normally double your half time and add 10 minutes to get your full time which would give you a full mara time of 2:46. :ph34r: Where does the extra 26 mins come from? I’m sure you’ve got proof of these times don’t you? :P

02AC9D48-B4F1-4A8D-B63D-C7EFC31B94EB.png

On 4/18/2019 at 9:36 AM, Trump said:

Bill Shorten, the Fed Election fave (and porkie pie king) has just been “Stopped “! 

I’ll give you a long range tip for the future PM of NZ Ernie.

My former work collegue and friend Erica Stanford will become the future leader of the National Party and eventually PM of NZ.

That Simon Bridges is weak as water and National needs a strong, passionate leader to lead the party. 

Jacinda will get another term, in the meantime Erica Stanford will become leader of the National party to contest the election afterwards. :)

1 hour ago, Richmond Tiger said:

But Scoobs, it is seriously entertaining stuff. Let them go at it... 

So how do you know “Dunc Hawkesby?”

The entertainment lies in you continually avoiding the question. :P

46 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

West Coast, Gisborne, CHCH Commonwealth Games course, Rotorua ( that was the 3.12 ) I might have gassed it early there as I went through the half well under 3 hours but hit the wall badly up that rise down the back of the lake .....plus the Coast to Coast......

Don't worry about me, I don’t need to make shit up like you.

As for your formula....FO..you run what you run depending on how much you train and whether you’re a one paced plodder or a good stayer.....I’m a plodder and I’m no athlete, although I’m clearly a whole lot better than you, as God and Darwin intended. On that basis I can only hope you’re not breeding.

As for JB, he owns ( or is the main partner and funder ) in the failing Cafe you describe as being so successful, and yes he’s called me in twice to consider taking it over or to invest in it and change it....both times I’ve said “thanks but no thanks”.....despite what you said it’s really a failure, and my spin is that it’s just surviving on a bit of traffic from the Cafe a couple of doors down ( that is really successful ).

“I went through the half well under 3 hours.....” 

What does this even mean short stuff? Half of the full marathon in under 3 hours? :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Why does it matter how he knows who ?

Auckland is a small town, the Hawkesbys and Harts, and their kids, are know by many of us in hospo...they’re just customers FFS .....

If I wanted to name drop they wouldn’t make out top 100, mainly because they’re modest under the radar people 

He asked me when I was in “Dunc Hawkesby’s” house. I answered his question yet he won’t answer mine. 

Funny that. :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, CT"s said:

He asked me when I was in “Dunc Hawkesby’s” house. I answered his question yet he won’t answer mine. 

Funny that. :rolleyes:

sorry mate, I actually missed your official request for information. I'm mates with a few of his and so we cross paths on the odd occasion..... its nothing to write home about, not that I actually ever suggested it was. When I do see him I'll ask what his recollection of you is though.  Given that you are to society what Stevie Wonder is to claybird shooting, I wont hold my breath.