RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CBT

True Story...almost.

1 hour ago, CBT said:

With all due respect kdt I’m not sure how you could confuse the most successful NZ trained horse to come out of the country in the last 20 odd years with another one.

Why would the daughter of Sir Woolf Fisher voluntarily offer me that information when the topic of Trevor McKee came up in conversation?

She has been in the thoroughbred industry her entire life with some good success and her father stood Desert Sun at his stud.

She has nothing to gain by lying about that. 

I’m just quoting word for word what she told me yesterday. Purely her words not mine. She was offered a share in Sunline by Trevor McKee and she turned it down. Unless anyone can prove that conversation didn’t occur between them I believe her.

She's not necessarily lying. Just not remembering exactly how it all went down. You've already said she is dottery. 

3 minutes ago, Idolmite said:

She's not necessarily lying. Just not remembering exactly how it all went down. You've already said she dottery. 

Correct. She can’t walk without being assisted. 

FFS ! :rolleyes:

FACTS

1. SUNLINE never went through the sales ring. FACT!

2. SUNLINE won two Cox Plates. FACT!

3. Michael Martin & Susan Archer Bred & Leased SUNLINE to Trevor McKee. FACT!

4. Trevor didn't want to even train her and only relented in taking the filly after some hassling. FACT!

5. Trevor, Thayne & Helen with a right of Purchase bought SUNLINE. FACT!

6.  73yo Dottery Janet Fisher (as CBT called her) Fucked up her story FACT!

7. Fishy & Picklets is expensive overpriced Chinese made Shit since moving off NZ shores. FACT!
UNCONFIRMED STORY

1.  73yo Dottery Janet Fisher (as CBT called her) was offered a share in SUNLINE before Thayne Green and Helen Lusty.

2.  shayneMcAlistair was offered a share in her too by Trevor (not sure if before or after Janet), but turned it down.  Big regrets.... :rcfe-happy-2::rcfe-happy-3::rcf-happy-7:

3.  shayneMcAlistair was taking the piss out of CBT's Story? :rcf-laughing-2:

3 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

FFS ! :rolleyes:

FACTS

1. SUNLINE never went through the sales ring. FACT!

2. SUNLINE won two Cox Plates. FACT!

3. Michael Martin & Susan Archer Bred & Leased SUNLINE to Trevor McKee. FACT!

4. Trevor didn't want to even train her and only relented in taking the filly after some hassling. FACT!

5. Trevor, Thayne & Helen with a right of Purchase bought SUNLINE. FACT!

6.  73yo Dottery Janet Fisher (as CBT called her) Fucked up her story FACT!

7. Fishy & Picklets is expensive overpriced Chinese made Shit since moving off NZ shores. FACT!
UNCONFIRMED STORY

1.  73yo Dottery Janet Fisher (as CBT called her) was offered a share in SUNLINE before Thayne Green and Helen Lusty.

2.  shayneMcAlistair was offered a share in her too by Trevor (not sure if before or after Janet), but turned it down.  Big regrets.... :rcfe-happy-2::rcfe-happy-3::rcf-happy-7:

3.  shayneMcAlistair was taking the piss out of CBT's Story? :rcf-laughing-2:

Very good Baz. Nice summation :lol:

29 minutes ago, Idolmite said:

Cool bananas. I work for Graham Hart. 

Have you been to his house in Riddell Rd Barry? I have, I checked it out many years ago when I was still living in Auckland working as a landscape gardener. It’s spectacular! B)

5 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Baz spot on. This thread reminds me of how many people claim they were the underbidder on Bonecrusher or Lavender with Veandercross in utero! Makes a good story but pure fiction!

There is a good side to many underbidders , maybe the best underbidder result was the underbidder on Snaffi Dancer . 

1 minute ago, poundforpound said:

This is from a very highly placed racing VIP, he’s been reading this thread and he’s a friend ( was ) of the Fisher Family 

Janet Fisher was the daughter of Lou and iris fisher Sir Woolf fisher had no children Janet fisher father was not involved with fisher and Paykel at all Cheers 

Who is the highly placed racing VIP short stuff? 

Janet is the daughter of Lou Fisher I believe, son of Michael Fisher and brother of Woolf Fisher.  Lou did work for the company as a Director for a while but also had his own whiteware company until tariffs made it a bad business proposition and then he became a bit of a philanthropist.    They were all very much involved with thoroughbred racing with various trusts and I think that Janet looked after the affairs of her fathers Trust.   I could be wrong.. but I think I can pretty much post what I like on this thread .. :)

19 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Let’s just say he’s the real deal.....and I mean “the real deal”.......unlike you......yet again you’ve been proved to be a fucking liar, and amazingly gullible.

Shall I reproduce the picture of two weeks ago of you with “egg man”.......

I’m actually quite impressed with your investigation short stuff. 

I’ve just got off the phone to my uncle Nigel in Sydney and you are indeed correct.

Janet’s father is Lou and her mother is Iris. Lou was Woolf’s brother and he owned LJ Fisher which was the biggest ranch slider and roof tile company in NZ (they had a monopoly). Lou also founded the Spirit of Adventure in NZ. 

I was wrong in assuming she was Woolf’s daughter. She was infact Woolf’s niece. :)

CBT may well be correct that Mrs Fisher was offered a share in Sunline but never in the scenario presented. That was my point, Sunline was never purchased through the sales ring.

Abridged:

" One spring afternoon in 1997 and turned to his pile of unanswered correspondence : faxes, letters, and telephone messages. One from two small breeders who were trying to lease a horse out, a filly by an unproven stallion in Desert Sun. One part of the message that grabbed his attention was that the filly was a close relation to Interval. They had purchased ample horses at the yearling sales  only a few months before at the yearling sales and were still looking for owners for them. We've got more horses than you could poke s stick at and we definitely don't need that one. Trevor balled up the piece of paper and threw it in the bin.

A week later Stephen saw a follow up message and asked Trevor about it. Trevor said yeah we got one last week about it. Did you call them back and speak to them asked Stephen.

"No, we have enough horses and people should know that."

A day or two after this the filly's breeders phoned and spoke to Trevor. Their persistence was admirable although Trevor might have used another word to describe it. Trevor liked to do things at his own pace and he decided to go and see Desert Sun and was impressed with him. When the breeders rang Trevor for the third time he said "Send the horse up and we'll take a look at her."

Soon after this Tim Welsh* rang Trevor to say that he had just finished breaking the Desert Sun filly and that she was coming up to them. (*Tim Welsh does my farrier work at home here) He added that she was still a bit hard to handle. They told Tim to leave her to give her more time and leave her there a bit longer. The last thing they needed was another difficult horse, a horse they had no room for in the first place. In the end they decided to take her in and then decide whether to keep her or not.

Long story short they decided to keep her and lease her out with a right of purchase of $40,000.00. They were still trying to find owners of the horses that they had bought at the sales and now had the responsibility of looking for owners to lease the new Desert Sun filly. The filly was a relation of Interval. That gave them the inclination to ring up Interval's former owners Helen Lusty and Thane Green and offer them a share in the horse. Both Helen and Thane accepted and the partnership was formed.     

5 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Janet is the daughter of Lou Fisher I believe, son of Michael Fisher and brother of Woolf Fisher.  Lou did work for the company as a Director for a while but also had his own whiteware company until tariffs made it a bad business proposition and then he became a bit of a philanthropist.    They were all very much involved with thoroughbred racing with various trusts and I think that Janet looked after the affairs of her fathers Trust.   I could be wrong.. but I think I can pretty much post what I like on this thread .. :)

Correct Maria. Janet’s father Lou was Woolf’s brother. A very successful businessman and philanthropist in his own right. :)

22 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Well thats just fucked the thread and our entertainment! :rcf-laughing-3::rcf-laughing-2:

It’s just taken another turn Baz. Don’t you just love how short stuff tries to twist the facts to suit his own agenda? :lol:

I was clearly wrong assuming that Janet was Woolf’s daughter but I knew there was a connection there. :)

5 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

How the fuck did I twist the facts.....I just said you were a liar after your first post, I was 100% correct......subsequently a very high profile racing person sent me correct information about your source and her parentage.

I don’t need to twist any facts, because you don’t deal in facts.....you’re a delusional dreamer mate and you deal in fabrications ........you’ve just made a complete “James Hunt” of yourself, so apologise and crawl back under the rock you came from 

Janet Fisher’s father had nothing to do with Fisher & Paykel. Turn it up short stuff. That’s a fabrication right there that you’ve twisted to suit your own agenda little man. :)

1 hour ago, gubellini said:

Baz spot on. This thread reminds me of how many people claim they were the underbidder on Bonecrusher or Lavender with Veandercross in utero! Makes a good story but pure fiction!

Bazz we should start a new Thread " Champions I Bid on ". I bet it would be an all time high for Race Cafe !

To get every one to lighten up on how trivial this thread is. And indeed Life !

I will do it soon and lead with the first crop story about  Otehi Bay .

3 hours ago, CBT said:

With all due respect kdt I’m not sure how you could confuse the most successful NZ trained horse to come out of the country in the last 20 odd years with another one.

Why would the daughter of Sir Woolf Fisher voluntarily offer me that information when the topic of Trevor McKee came up in conversation?

She has been in the thoroughbred industry her entire life with some good success and her father stood Desert Sun at his stud.

She has nothing to gain by lying about that. 

I’m just quoting word for word what she told me yesterday. Purely her words not mine. She was offered a share in Sunline by Trevor McKee and she turned it down. Unless anyone can prove that conversation didn’t occur between them I believe her.

I actually doubt Sir Woolf Fisher was even alive when Desert Sun stood at Ra Ora Stud. 

I owned a share in Famous Star around that time and Sir Woolf certainly wasn’t alive then. 

I also bred to Nassipour in partnership with Ra Ora. I supplied the mare, they supplied the service. Peter Keating did the deal on behalf of Ra Ora and Lady Fisher. I am sure that Sir Woolf was sadly well gone. 

This is all from my memory. It doesn’t include Sir Woolf past the era of Sovereign Edition or there abouts or have I lost it?

Off to bed now as I am getting pretty old. 

Liz

2 minutes ago, CBT said:

This is Janet’s father Lou here, founder of The Spirit of Adventure and owned the largest aluminium ranch slider and roof tile business in NZ. B)

https://www.spiritofadventure.org.nz/the-trust/our-history

http://trauejoinery.co.nz/fisher-aluminium-windows-doors

Have I just been switched from the Boxing Channel to the History Channel? :rcf-laughing-2:

1 minute ago, CBT said:

I’m glad we finally got to the bottom of it. 

After all that I need a beer! :lol:

You have more front than a shop window...P4P took you to the cleaners you told a porky and got found out and his impeccable source also sent me the same message...so enough... you already need a bobcat to dig yourself out....:rcf-laughing-3: