RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CBT

True Story...almost.

I had lunch with an old family friend Janet Fisher today. Her father along with Maurice (who’s garden I used to do) co-founded Fisher & Paykel. My mother went to school with her at St Cuths. 

She owned and bred the useful galloper Prized Touch and we got talking about horse racing then Trevor McKee’s name came up. 

She told me of a story many years ago at the horse sales where she purchased a yearling for 10K. The lot immediately after was purchased by Trevor and he offered Janet a share in the horse. Janet laughed and told Trevor the horse looks like a mutt declining his offer. 

Her yearling she bought ended up winning just the one race whereas the one that Trevor bought won 2 Cox Plates as well as a few other Group 1’s. You can probably guess which horse it was. :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

The only problem is the story is not true.

The great mare was leased from her breeders Michael Martin & Susan Archer and Trev and co exercised the ROP some time later ( for 40k I think ) when they knew they had a decent horse on their hands.

Yet another fantasy from the FW fruitcake 

No fantasy is thinking you could win the Coolmore on a decent track yesterday.  :P

5 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Houston, we had a problem.

You'll have noted the winner finished well behind us at The Valley, as did the fifth horse......we’ll be back....we always are.

How’s the life you lead that is just a great big fucking lie.....fucking “egg man” sitting on your knee one week, Darren Weir shoving his cattle prodded up your chutney the next....and now Trev buying a horse that was never sold as described....

Why would Janet lie about that short stuff? 

She offered me that information of her own volition. 

Just now, poundforpound said:

Because you’re an imbecile presumably and you’d believe anything. 

Her father did more for racing than you ever will short stuff and she knows Trevor well telling me about the stroke he suffered prior to his passing. 

Why would I have any reason to doubt what she told me? Her father co founded Fisher & Paykel for gods sake and my uncle is best friends with her sister Sue. :lol:

6 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Doesn’t change a thing .... the story is NOT true, it’s as simple as that 

Let’s ask Trevor shall we? I guess we’ll never know short stuff but I believe what she told me and I have no reason not to. 

How did Thayne Green and Helen Lusty get involved? I’m assuming Trevor asked them after he offered Janet a share.

Anyway, you should be spending more time improving that mare rather than questioning factual information. You might finish closer than 19th next time. ;) 

3 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Our group one, group two and group three winning mare is just fine thanks, and we don’t need any advice from you

FYI I’ve spent a lot of time around Takanini and Ardmore .....with the subject in question 

Good for you. I’m happy for you. :)

P.S. Did Richo give you some advice for your stylist? The “70’s curtain look” is so last decade. :P

23 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Give up Tommo.....you’ve been caught out lying again, or being lied to because you’re a simpleton who believes anything. 

The only person who’s been caught out is you. 

Thank you karma for rewarding short stuff in the Coolmore yesterday and also for styling him. You did a great job. :P

CBT lets stop the assault on someones horses shall we...P4P says that your story is not true so no need to try to fight with attacking his good mare...just prove what you say is true and stay on subject...then there will be no fighting...thanks.

11 hours ago, CBT said:

I had lunch with an old family friend Janet Fisher today. Her father along with Maurice (who’s garden I used to do) co-founded Fisher & Paykel. My mother went to school with her at St Cuths. 

She owned and bred the useful galloper Prized Touch and we got talking about horse racing then Trevor McKee’s name came up. 

She told me of a story many years ago at the horse sales where she purchased a yearling for 10K. The lot immediately after was purchased by Trevor and he offered Janet a share in the horse. Janet laughed and told Trevor the horse looks like a mutt declining his offer. 

Her yearling she bought ended up winning just the one race whereas the one that Trevor bought won 2 Cox Plates as well as a few other Group 1’s. You can probably guess which horse it was. :ph34r:

So seems like an apology from Janet Fisher is owed to you CBT and you owe P4P one as well...all things being equal...seems you were given wrong info.

40 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

So seems like an apology from Janet Fisher is owed to you CBT and you owe P4P one as well...all things being equal...seems you were given wrong info.

I’ll be waiting with baited breath from short stuff for an apology Leigh having just confirmed what Janet told me yesterday. 

I can’t find Leo Molloy in Wikipedia. Funny that. 

P.S. I think they’ll be more chance of Consensus &/or Felaar winning a Group 1 in Australia than me getting that apology. :ph34r:

01B6F7D2-FE28-42BA-B59A-F02A54B13D29.png

03584E95-D204-4BFC-B7A8-44F01DC92667.png

12BBD980-044D-4EDD-8E14-0A261528CA47.png

11 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Sunline's sire Desert Sun did of course stand at Ra Ora so she would have been well aware of that side of the family.

Correct. 

2 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

exactly what I was thinking WD.

Chris this feels like poor form unless you had her approval to quote ???

How exactly is the truth poor form Colin? 

I’ll tell what poor form is. Poor form is trolling and deliberately disputing an indisputable fact. Something I should receive an apology for but I won’t.

And yes, Janet did give approval for me to quote her and I’m more than happy to give short stuff her mobile number to confirm. 

8 minutes ago, Idolmite said:

This is almost as riveting as Bonecusher versus Waverley Star.......

She’s definitely not “A Life Less Ordinary” Bazza! :P

14 minutes ago, CBT said:

How exactly is the truth poor form Colin? 

I’ll tell what poor form is. Poor form is trolling and deliberately disputing an indisputable fact. Something I should receive an apology for but I won’t.

And yes, Janet did give approval for me to quote her and I’m more than happy to give short stuff her mobile number to confirm. 

I think you are really showing your true colors now, two people are disputing you side of the story..where are your facts to back up your side. You are also twisting the story, being offered a share and her selling through the ring as you said are not the same, you are changing the facts now to suit yourself.

You stated

So she may have been offered a share but not the way you described it so I think Leo is 100% correct in the way he detailed it...you however were factually incorrect so stop saying P4P owes you anything...he does not. 

Also please stop trying to drag Trevor into this some of your comments are in poor taste with him just passing.

On 4/15/2019 at 5:38 AM, scooby3051 said:

I think you are really showing your true colors now, two people are disputing you side of the story..where are your facts to back up your side. You are also twisting the story, being offered a share and her selling through the ring as you said are not the same, you are changing the facts now to suit yourself.

You stated

So she may have been offered a share but not the way you described it so I think Leo is 100% correct in the way he detailed it...you however were factually incorrect so stop saying P4P owes you anything...he does not. 

He’s called me a liar numerous times on this forum, the latest being after I quoted what our close family friend (Sir Woolf Fisher’s daughter) told me yesterday. 

I have NEVER lied on this forum Leigh EVER.

That is slander and deserves an apology but we all know how biased you have always been Leigh.

Edited by scooby3051
Inflammatory content towards P4P removed

Sunline never went through the sales to be purchased by Trevor McKee and that is a fact. One fact is that Trevor didn't want to even train her and only relented in taking the filly after some hassling.

CBT  -  Perhaps you had better read the book Sunline - Heart Of A Champion by Fiona McKee pages 57 - 61 

5 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Sunline never went through the sales to be purchased by Trevor McKee and that is a fact. One fact is that Trevor didn't want to even train her and only relented in taking the filly after some hassling.

CBT  -  Perhaps you had better read the book Sunline - Heart Of A Champion by Fiona McKee pages 57 - 61 

Boom!!!!!

57 minutes ago, CBT said:

He’s called me a liar numerous times on this forum, the latest being after I quoted what our close family friend (Sir Woolf Fisher’s daughter) told me yesterday. 

I have NEVER lied on this forum Leigh EVER.

That is slander and deserves an apology but we all know how biased you have always been Leigh, even though you have slightly changed your tune to suit your own agenda after losing many valued members of this once amazing thoroughbred forum. 

No you are wrong again CBT..where did i call you a liar????...you stated a fact that was proven wrong...now by 3 posters in here...I am biased to people telling the truth...thats something it seems you wont apologise for...you got it wrong big deal but be man enough to admit that...no need to start to throw shit at me either...you were wrong have been proven wrong thats a fact !!!!

1 minute ago, rdytdy said:

Ted, you are one of the rare few I truely respect on this forum (Mark, Gary and Maria who I’ve all personally met being the others).

I’ll check out the book but to be honest the truth has probably left the earth along with Trevor as he would’ve been the only one to confirm this once  and for all.

Janet is 73 and a bit dottery on her feet now so maybe the exact details are a bit hazy but I don’t dispute the fact that she was offered a share in Sunline before Thayne Green and Helen Lusty. She offered that information to me yesterday afternoon of her own volition and has confirmed it to me this morning via text message after clarifying with her. 

This woman has been heavily involved in racing her whole life and my mother has known her for over 60 years having gone to St Cuthberts together so I have no reason to dispute that she was offered a share in Sunline by Trevor.