RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
lad27

An Open Letter To Mauro, Sean and the Board.

Dear Mauro, Sean and the Board

I sit here today typing this on a Sunday been my day off which is always a family day but I'm in such a annoyed mood I need to put this together so I can carry on the day in a much more pleasant way.
First off the greyhound board playing burry your heads in the sand and say nothing to media is nothing new to me as have been in the code for coming up 12yrs.
However your inability as a C.E.O. and the current board shows a complete lack of the feeling out there for the grassroots people up and down the country.
Now greyhound racing in N.Z. usually follows Australia's lead with most matters and occasionally they try something of ours but you dropped the ball on this one.
Weather Cole is guilty or not will sort itself in the future however how the board have handled it is piss poor.
The thing that really grinds my gears and I'm sure plenty of people in the greyhound code is the way that live baiting in Australia was dealt with,
disqualification and dogs deregistered with anyone been on site of that particular raid were gone burgers, fair or not.
It showed some effort from the leaders of the code at the time to basically save face with the public and were prepared to take that issues on later down the track.
Now the Greens have publically stated they don't want the greyhound code anymore, no real news there but if the next election is tight and push comes to shove regarding deals then where do you think we all will be ?????
Don't take the example of greyhound racing N.S.W. as they all looked like a bunch of dicks for doing what the entire leadership structure of G.R.N.Z. is doing currently - NOTHING!.
Grant and Baird went bye bye and the only reason for that wasn't great leadership from the people that are in charge of the sport it was because the grassroots participant got up in arms, there shit sorted, and the right people in their circles and saved the code in N.S.W.
Hell even Rodeo N.Z. have a media spokes person and their are hammered every year by the anti's.
I want all of you today to grab a cuppa, head outside by yourself and have a dam good think about what is happening to this beautiful sport.
Because if nothing is done fast you all will be grabbing a cuppa, sitting outside and thinking to yourselves I should have done more .....

One upset grassroots L.P. from Timaru

Regards

Marek Dunne

Marek they couldn’t run a bath ! Your letter will be there with all the others on this topic and none will be replied to because they don’t know how to answer them!

17 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

when will he be thrown out from what I read and hear from everyone the guy is a heartless monster does not deserve to be in the industry at all FULL STOP!!!

Him and his mate tell them what to do, not the other way around.

52 minutes ago, The White Poodle said:

Yep  he is standing on his trailer and watching from outside the track. He is not allowed on any race course and rightly so...

About time, I wonder if we will get an official response from above?

6 minutes ago, My Two Cents said:

So he’s “warned off” I presume, therefore also not allowed on the same property as the dog’s?

They try and say that. But warning off's are only applicable at the tracks, not the properties where dogs are trained. Rules are very clear

8 minutes ago, Rules For Some said:

They try and say that. But warning off's are only applicable at the tracks, not the properties where dogs are trained. Rules are very clear

So was this rule amended after the Huntly trainers case?

4 minutes ago, My Two Cents said:

So was this rule amended after the Huntly trainers case?

The rules were changed this year it seems because of that case.

76.1 No Licenced Person may train, or keep (unless retired as a pet) any Greyhounds at any property or premises of a person who has been Disqualified, Warned Off, Suspended or declared to be a Defaulter, during that person’s period of disqualification, warning off, suspension or default.
76.2 No person who has been Disqualified, Warned Off, Suspended, or declared to be a Defaulter, shall be permitted during the period of disqualification, warning off, suspension or default, to transfer ownership or any training responsibilities for any Greyhound, to any other person without the written consent of the Board.

But the dogs still run ? Amazing the cheats run a dog not swabbed in the derby  heats, with full knowledge no swab. Cannot run 457 in a taxi. The scum that policing greys complicit. Cheat to get in the final and the race. If you want greyhound racing to have any credibility get rid of this and the filthy dirty cheating officials that are complicit.

Edited by scooby3051
language.

23 minutes ago, firepipe said:

But the dogs still run ? Amazing the cheats run a dog not swabbed in the derby  heats, with full knowledge no swab. Cannot run 457 in a taxi. The scum that policing greys complicit. Cheat to get in the final and fuck the race. Filthy dirty low life scum. If you want greyhound racing to have any credibility get rid of this scum and the filthy dirty cheating officials that are complicit.

Last warning no matter what you think I will not allow this type of language on the site get your point across some other way please...thanks.

52 minutes ago, Rules For Some said:

76.1 No Licenced Person may train, or keep (unless retired as a pet) any Greyhounds at any property or premises of a person who has been Disqualified, Warned Off, Suspended or declared to be a Defaulter, during that person’s period of disqualification, warning off, suspension or default.
76.2 No person who has been Disqualified, Warned Off, Suspended, or declared to be a Defaulter, shall be permitted during the period of disqualification, warning off, suspension or default, to transfer ownership or any training responsibilities for any Greyhound, to any other person without the written consent of the Board.

The rules also state:
42. UNAUTHORISED PERSON NOT TO ENTER KENNEL OR HANDLE GREYHOUNDS
42.2 A Person shall not handle a Greyhound competing at any Meeting unless he/she is a Handler. (That should apply to being parked outside the track, should it not).

Scooby

Best you bar me as Per your threat.I find your opinions so complicit with the  that will see the end of this industry. I read so much offensive rubbish on this site that is ok for you as they obviously buddies of yours. Enjoy your ever decreasing audience. Please find a reason Big Pete as it was referred to by stipe wasn’t swabbed. No dog that night ran as Big Pete. In the final where it would be swabbed needed a taxi to get back to the  kennels.  Good bye.

Edited by scooby3051

16 minutes ago, firepipe said:

Scooby 

not what I think , fact. 

You have been warned language like that again and you will be moderated I do not care what you think is true it does not need to be so disgustingly written on the forum..many thanks.I happen to agree what he did is totally wrong and callous and he should be thrown out, but it does not need filthy language to get the point across..JMO.

7 hours ago, Rules For Some said:

So as I read the first rule it would take his wife to relinquish her license for the dogs to stay? And to drive the final nail home if they prove he has legal entitlement to a share in the property he’s definitely gone burgers along with his dogs!! The rule you quoted states “ no licensed person (in this case Mrs Cole),  shall keep or train a greyhound on the premises or property of anyone who is warned off!!! Bye bye sweetie pie.....

4 hours ago, My Two Cents said:

So as I read the first rule it would take his wife to relinquish her license for the dogs to stay? And to drive the final nail home if they prove he has legal entitlement to a share in the property he’s definitely gone burgers along with his dogs!! The rule you quoted states “ no licensed person (in this case Mrs Cole),  shall keep or train a greyhound on the premises or property of anyone who is warned off!!! Bye bye sweetie pie.....

Yes true but we all know how GRNZ and the RIU have turned a blind eye to Cole matters in the past, I have no doubt in my mind they will be looking after the chosen one

5 hours ago, Rules For Some said:

It would be very easy to have Lisa and Brendan's name taken of the property ownership and put it under one of their children's name

That could not happen....under money laundering laws you have to have proof were the money goes or comes from you cannot gift a house without paying massive taxes...only way is if someone dies and leaves a property to family...most family homes would be in a trust which protects you from losing it .