RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

was horse only one trying to win

I am great fan of All Stars but their dominance causes difficulty for them and the team . The perfect result on last fridays Sires stake heat was as result shows Sweet on me gets qualified for final and amazing dream (already a heat winner)gets second. Only Amazing dream  appeared keen to beat his stable mate. Natalie was questioned by stipes and could only say she tried the whip and no response.In other races (9 out of 10) NR would have attacked for lead  and left the fav. trailing her parked. But it was obvious for the team tosit parked SOM. gets perfect run and easy win ensues. When amazing Dream kept trucking  Natalie showed absolutely no urgency whatsoever. Look at tape I saw no whip or urging at all even though stipes were satisfied with her explanation. IS THIS INTEGRITY.?

I watched this race and the best horse won. Natalie Rasmussen's drive Amazing Dream raced keenly in the parked out position for much of the race. She gave the horse a whack at the 300m and as you say it kept on trucking but I don't think it would have beaten Sweet On Me. Ms Rasmussen has been fined and suspended for overuse of the whip on a number of occasions so perhaps she is trying a new driving style? 

Sweet On Me looks good and that is no surprise considering its breeding. She must be one of the most valuable fillies in harness racing. I would be surprise if she doesn't win all of the main two-year-old events she contests this season.

Janitor you have your opinion but in all honesty the fly swat at 300 could mot be described as a whack. A bit of credibility needed . i dont want use of whip but watch nats drive say last 10 including on horses concerned , She certainly drives with vigour as did all other drivers in this race. They got what they wanted but I am getting a little tired of excuses for them. There was only .1 sec or 3/4 length at finish. after perfect sit by winner. (and worst position of 2ndhorse) I know which one I will follow in final.:rcfe-happy-3:

After watching the video it appeared mark purdon did not use his horses early gate speed to allow amazing dream to get the early lead,however that did not eventuate. So I don't think amazing dream was driving for sweet on me.  

Sweet on me won that race very easily in the end ,so I think using  the whip was a bit pointless

And so the joke continues. What a difference a $100k stake makes to the urgency of a driver. And I'm sure the fact that the other horse wasn't needing to qualify for a richer final had anything to do with the sudden discovery of driver aggression!

Makes the previous drive worth a very long holiday, but as usual, not a mention in the stewards report.

Yes blue. All experts like you thought Nat driving to win in the heat. What a sick joke.Maybe heat winners already qualified for the final should not start(in other heats) as pacemakers for stablemates in future. Natalie is a great driver and trainer and boy  in 2 weeks she learnt so much how to drive Amazing Dream (she must have learnt from the stipe who reminded her of her obligations !!) Natalie can sell ice to eskimoes or coals to newcastle so puting a plausible story to stipes , childsplay.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Dont profess to be an expert John though reverse the draws and you reverse the result I'd say, regardless of who is driving.

That is the way i saw it as well. Winner gets perfect trail other has to go back from 7 gate and then romp around to sit park only to be beaten in last 20 metres by a horse that did nothing in the whole race and went via passing lane.

Greg

The barrier draws, the final result, or who got the best run are all red herrings!

The only question the stipes had to ask - but as usual didn't - is why the polar opposite driving approach from one start to the next. Last start never looked like using the whip, and last night gave it one of her trademark floggings up the straight!

Jack you are right on. (reverse the draws and the run and you get reverse result .geez Cafers Ive heard that said a million times. and heartily sick of it. ) red herrings in this case. ohh and lets not forget Amazing dream usually gets a bad draw and only other good draw was a win. ohh and she did smash a nz record last night. Everyone should look at the 2 races in question and tell me without bias/ Nat was trying to win heat . In my opinion she was content to not even give the appearance of trying to win.(Geoff Martin got a long suspension driving Danke for a place but at least he looked like he was trying !!)Even a quarter of her energy in the money race could have meant a win in the heat v Sweet On Me. ((they are both world class fillies but integrity is still important in my book)

5 hours ago, JackSprat said:

The barrier draws, the final result, or who got the best run are all red herrings!

The only question the stipes had to ask - but as usual didn't - is why the polar opposite driving approach from one start to the next. Last start never looked like using the whip, and last night gave it one of her trademark floggings up the straight!

Have another look at last nights drive down the straight.     Two things to take into account - she holds the whip in the right hand and the whip regulations refers to use of WHIPS not REINS.      In last nights drive most if not all the rapid fires are with the left hand (reins)     I'm not defending Natalie but I think the stipes have it right - i.e. no need to question the drive.

With Spankem whip simply was not necessary.

Integrity is the question for the first drive in the heat. The absolute determination to win a final was how Nat can drive a horse out. It is in total stark contrast to 2 weeks earlier with her complete lack of urgency and it was for a reason . on the same horse . I dont blame her but lets not all have our blinkers on . Reins are also mentioned in HRNZ rules. ( and 7 times 1...adds up thanks to those that thought Sweet on me unbeatable from a wide draw many thanks)