RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Felaar

1 hour ago, Berri said:

And let an opportunity to rub salt in wounds with the poms?.....got to be done. He'd be classed as a novice and be worth a fortune. 

Pom racetracks don't worry about  raiders , they want them there. Cheltenham without Irish not Cheltenham. I think their idea is it adds big interest . A horse raiding from NZ I would be surprised if it was not welcomed as a great bit of international competition, if not it should be welcomed.  The Supreme Novices real tough as you know., always  chocka block with young classy jumpers and decent ex flat runners.

See how these ex UK jumpers go when they arrive here and how old jumpers like Max Dynamite , Qewy and Wicklow Brave run top 10 Melbourne Cup. 

41 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Seriously, Berri Fruit is taking the  piss.

Why would you take a horse like Felaar to the UK to race for SFA when he can easily win north of a million pottering around in Australia ?

He’s nearly won 200k now and he’s still an 80 rated horse.....if he goes to Victoria next month he’ll double that....and some.....

Australia is the best racing in the world, especially for nice stayers.....you just turn up and take their money....and if he matures into a proper “cups” horse he could easily end up winning well north of seven figures.

Fair point about money , that Ramsden race is ballot free into Cup as well. Yes the Poms and Irish  have rumbled it's easy money in Spring that's why a thousand horses will fly out again this year, why slog guts out in Doncaster Cup when got good show  in Australia of picking up easier money , win  or places  , and selling half or more of the horse for telephone numbers to Aussie owners.

Nice horse you got to look forward to there , that Igraine no mug . Good luck for future with it .

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

Seriously, Berri Fruit is taking the  piss.

Why would you take a horse like Felaar to the UK to race for SFA when he can easily win north of a million pottering around in Australia ?

He’s nearly won 200k now and he’s still an 80 rated horse.....if he goes to Victoria next month he’ll double that....and some.....

Australia is the best racing in the world, especially for nice stayers.....you just turn up and take their money....and if he matures into a proper “cups” horse he could easily end up winning well north of seven figures.

Of course I'm taking the piss. Suffered years of P4P's rubbishing of the ability of UK stayers that you've got to strike when you can. Nice win short stuff although he needed to run away from them to show he's top class. Igraine couldn't win a listed race in Germany. Scary how far we are drifting.

Avantage looks everything here and over in Aussie, she looks as though she needs 1600m to get near the top. That was a million dollar race but the big boys weren't there. Probabeel looks one paced and also her only chance would be over 1600m but I fear that once she got there, there would be a couple too good for her. She looked like a freak here.

Good race Dancedancedance first up in Aussieland but shows you how good Winx is.

Sydney Cup winner Shraaoh another slow UK stayer who was only rated 101 at best. By a champion stallion (miles better than Frankel) he simply showed the depth of good horses in the UK. Vongieur Masque rated 104 after finishing 11 off them in the UK St Ledger,  Glory Days (3rd) won the Auckland Cup and rated 105 so whoever is doing the rating is doing their job. 

So Rondinella beaten 3 1/2 (rated 104) by Melody Belle at Elerslie. Melody Belle rated 105 in that race. Dancedancedance beaten a neck. Dancedancedance runs a 103 against Avilius  (form franked by He's Eminent in Europe)  so our best in NZ (Melody Belle is probably going to get the gong) is 105.!!

So here's our problem....NZ form is now being franked by Australian form which is being franked by UK/ European form and the formline is running consistently and to pattern. If all of this stacks up then within 5 years we will loose 6 group one races in NZ. Just do the maths. Group one status are for races generally rated better than 114. In 5 years time, 14-18% less horses racing here. Italy lost their last group one this year.....no group ones in Italy because they were getting group one winners being rated 108!!!  Similar ring to this tune.

29 minutes ago, Shad said:

Thought the Sydney cup favourite yesterday looked average in his preliminary yesterday, didn't hit out at all well, and raced accordingly. 

He ran on a bit late but never in it I thought  . He was down the Godolphin  pecking order  . Ispolini I think was their main  Syd Cup horse but they lost a top liner in Brundtland to fatal race injury earlier in year at Meydan  , Ispolini hosed home in same race so he slotted into Brundtland's place with Cross Counter in Dubai Gold Cup. With Old Persian  as well and Ghostwatch very short already for Cup they have plenty even without what's in the 3 year old division for Spring racing .They are gelding a lot more horses and racing on so they have real depth with stayers now .

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

He ran on a bit late but never in it I thought  . He was down the Godolphin  pecking order  . Ispolini I think was their main  Syd Cup horse but they lost a top liner in Brundtland to fatal race injury earlier in year at Meydan  , Ispolini hosed home in same race so he slotted into Brundtland's place with Cross Counter in Dubai Gold Cup. With Old Persian  as well and Ghostwatch very short already for Cup they have plenty even without what's in the 3 year old division for Spring racing .They are gelding a lot more horses and racing on so they have real depth with stayers now .

Regardless, there was no way I would have put anything on, just the way he galloped down to the start, never really stretched out, and to my untrained eye looked quite short in his action, and to be fair have picked out the odd one over the last few months, that have had poor prelims, one was scratched at the barrier, the other was a favourite that never galloped a yard, tailed off, vetted after the race, and was said to be lame. I base most of my bets on a good strong preliminary. 

Notice Stephen Marsh referring to Tolka winning the cup for Bruce Marsh. I don't think you can compare the races. When Tolka won the HB Cup form for the race came from numerous cup handicaps in the CD as well north. It was a major Autumn race. The day Tolka won the Fielding Cup in the lead up there wasn't even standing room at the Feilding track. Those races had real atmosphere and were programmed as such i.e Race 5 not race 9 or 10 when everybody wants to go home.

Hi Jinx was a notable winning HB Cup then onto Melbourne.

2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Look can we all agree that Felaar is NMFG.

He’s a flop, he’s only been a stakes winner, stakes placed twice, G2 placed, he’s only won about 200k, and I accept that’s just loose change to you high achievers like SD, and not worth getting out of bed for.

I don’t want you nillers getting your nickers in a twist over him so let’s move on and talk about all your good horses :) 

I have no interest in Felaar nor any comment on it. Just adding to the discussion with regards the Cup.