CBT

Farewell to the Queen......

65 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Trump said:

Shit P4P, you’re going to spoil BarryB’s day with those sort of comments :( 

Not at all, I agree with P4P,  I just don't like it when you constantly stick it in our face.

We all know its average at best here, but according to your view any and every thing is better in gods chosen land, which we all know is close to being accurate. 

1 hour ago, barryb said:

Not at all, I agree with P4P,  I just don't like it when you constantly stick it in our face.

We all know its average at best here, but according to your view any and every thing is better in gods chosen land, which we all know is close to being accurate. 

Only the racing BB

I met Betty Windsor a few times, and she was incredibly unimpressive 

I would like to have, but didn’t meet, Pamela Anderson, Elizabeth Taylor, that bird Brad Pitt married, or Marilyn Monroe

I did meet one of Rod Stewart’s wives a couple of times, there was no need to meet the rest of his wives because they all looked the same 

Others I haven’t met but would like to include, but are not limited to, Jack Nicholson, any of The Stones....and any other big drug taking, hard rooters & party animals of our generation.....and I’m not “around the wicket” in the slightest but I’d like to have partied with Freddie Mercury and George Michael......

To conclude I wouldn’t ever want to meet the following, Trump, Pauline Hansen, Putin, David Warner, Assad, any English rugby players, Stephen Jones, Andrew Little, or Quaide Cooper.

Bastards I have met and would never bother to piss on if I found them on fire include McAnulty, the STD Tommo, and anyone from over at “ channel niller “

There’s a nice bit of wankerage for you, and other than silly old Betty Windsor I didn’t even mention one famous rendezvous 

24 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I met Betty Windsor a few times, and she was incredibly unimpressive 

I would like to have, but didn’t meet, Pamela Anderson, Elizabeth Taylor, that bird Brad Pitt married, or Marilyn Monroe

I did meet one of Rod Stewart’s wives a couple of times, there was no need to meet the rest of his wives because they all looked the same 

Others I haven’t met but would like to include, but are not limited to, Jack Nicholson, any of The Stones....and any other big drug taking, hard rooters & party animals of our generation.....and I’m not “around the wicket” in the slightest but I’d like to have partied with Freddie Mercury and George Michael......

To conclude I wouldn’t ever want to meet the following, Trump, Pauline Hansen, Putin, David Warner, Assad, any English rugby players, Stephen Jones, Andrew Little, or Quaide Cooper.

Bastards I have met and would never bother to piss on if I found them on fire include McAnulty, the STD Tommo, and Purcell.

There’s a nice bit of wankerage for you, and other than silly old Betty Windsor I didn’t even mention one famous 

My understanding if what is reported is true which may well not be true and only rumour was that Pamela was to be found at the Ecuadorian embassy every now and then.

Actually, after all the name dropping by Thommo, I reckon a new thread could be interesting and quite a laugh. A thread where Cafe people could tell stories and name drop/photographs etc of racing people they have known throughout the years. Had a beer with, tossed the can around the room, shared a meal with, raced a horse with etc etc. I reckon it would be a laugh. 

7 hours ago, Memphis2 said:

Before  name dropping becomes illegal I once met Pinetree and Grizzly and also Gareth Spain and also .........

Following a thread on here a few years back I agreed to hook up with Memphis and talk racing while visiting Sydney but cell phones were quite new and I couldn't work mine...haha ,it only worked in NZ....so I missed him. !On next trip  I somehow met up with him and Pogo at a Cronulla NRL game and had a fine time .

After a Chinese meal ,courtesy of Pogo ,Memphis and I decided to get the train back to Sydney where we chatted cricket with some random immigrants on the train.

A very good day ,I remember !

5 hours ago, Trump said:

Actually, after all the name dropping by Thommo, I reckon a new thread could be interesting and quite a laugh. A thread where Cafe people could tell stories and name drop/photographs etc of racing people they have known throughout the years. Had a beer with, tossed the can around the room, shared a meal with, raced a horse with etc etc. I reckon it would be a laugh. 

During  Auckland Cup week I took a friend out to the Charity golf tournament. We were not good golfers . I Was quite a bad golfer in fact , meaning our 'team' had no chance of a prize.We were teamed with a dapper gentleman who looked and talked like a golfer and I knew he was a racing administrator etc and knew a lot about a lot of stuff with an aussie streak about him.

He tolerated us...even though he must have been dreading his bad luck to draw us.He told plenty of stories about Jillo and the horse Sedecrem !

It was of course Trump ,not the USA one...thanks for your patience !I enjoyed the day !

On 4/13/2019 at 12:10 PM, CBT said:

He’s been in form lately this boy. Cost me $1300 on Wednesday! :ph34r:

C3417916-443E-49C0-9B0A-CBF7101A79BA.jpeg

A few years ago I was visiting Moonee Valley races when Black caviar was racing and I agreed to meet CBT by the 100m mark ,down by the fence. I would be the old ,thick set Kiwi with blue shirt and specs.Trouble was I was still no good with NZ phones in Aussie and MV that night was jam-packed cos of Black Caviar !

Eventually CBT tracked me down thru a prominent trainer and we met and CBT showed me the way around MV ,including putting a decent bet on the mare [BC] with a bookie and winning enough for a taxi ride for a few blocks.

Instead we agreed to get the train back to the city then have an inexpensive Thai meal and talk racing. In addition CBT gifted me an umbrella which I still have.

I enjoyed that night out with CBT ,good genuine fella who shouldn't be denigrated so much on Race cafe !

Especially after he put up some generous cash prizes on Melbourne Cup !

Of course ,his on- line rival P4P...... short stuff.....has also shown me some good times on raceday so I guess I bat for both sides !

I run with the hares ,and hunt with the hounds !

Recently when P4P had his own hospitality room at Ellerslie ,with free flowing champagne and voluptuous ladies ,he made me most welcome.

Ive been lucky with the folk Ive hung with in racing.....iM hoping that one day some of the crumbs of their success will come my way !

Ahhhh the memories !

The one thing I believe horse racing provides is, the ability to meet so many people from so many different walks of life. As one journo once said to me, “racing is both elitist and non-elitist”. In my experience this is so true. You meet so many amazing people. I can’t think of another sport that does that. As an example, Look at Mal Seccul. He was on the Board of the VATC (Caulfield & Sandown) and drew racing fame as the owner of Manikato, one of my top 3 sprinters I’ve ever seen race. I was having a beer with him and I mentioned how lucky he was buying Manikato from the South Aust yearling sales for only $3,500 and getting a champion. His reply was classic. “Yeah mate, you’re dead right - I was lucky but I’ve bought 17 losers since Manikato! “ :(