RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CBT

Farewell to the Queen......

38 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Eminent reverted to last years form from UK, Sir Mark Todd did a great job to get him going again but I thought he looked disinterested again . Wouldn't be worth the plane fare home for him I would have thought.

The internationals might look at Kluger and his Japan level of form  then look,  at  old Hartnell  both disposing of best of rest of Aussie WFA and have decent go at Cox Plate with non ARC and Breeders Cup horses.

Dubhe got going a bit late but never looked likely I thought , Shraaoh went from Sir Micheal Stoute to a jumping yard , on last run for Harry Fry got smacked 7 lengths in receipt of a pound by Hamada in run of mill Newmarket Handicap in July . That's a pretty good effort to pick him out of that by  the agents.

Eminent was very disappointing Red Rum as was Dubhe I thought. 

McEvoy redeemed himself with a good ride on Classique Legend today after butchering him last start. 

There was a promising horse called Tarwin who won well at Caulfield today too. 

3 hours ago, tim vince said:

How much will the .

Bookies make on unclaimed tickets on winx .

Thousands I’d imagine. The lines for souvenirs were a mile long all day. They did however give away racebooks at the end so they must’ve budgeted for a fair few those. B)

11 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

4A4C249F-C288-482A-BB12-4A8BAB25B5F0.jpeg

Richo short stuff! He’s a top man and was a very good sprinter back in the day (won the Stawell gift). 

Bad luck with Consensus but you must’ve been happy with Felaar.

A magic day on course. One I’ve never forget. B)

Was the day any more memorable than Makybe Diva's swan song ?

MD had over 100,000 people in attendance had a race record unlikely to be matched and carried the top weight against horses from across the world.

She had a crack overseas as well [unsuccessful].

At the time her winnings were a record .

Winx is NZ bred while MD was UK bred  !

2 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

MD had over 100,000 people in attendance had a race record unlikely to be matched and carried the top weight against horses from across the world.

Winx (NZ) ? Makybe Diva (GB) correct

2 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

That was a huge day Gary! Remember Lee Freedman’s victory speech?

Flemington is also a way better racecourse for the reason you’ve already mentioned. They had to cap the crowd at 42K today. Ridiculous! If her final race had been at Flemington they would have easily got over 100K there to send her off. 

That being said it was very well organised today. They did a great job.

40E9C0BE-8296-4477-9D94-60DCEB843959.jpeg

379F68BB-51DE-4D20-8997-859B41414F38.jpeg

5FF2AB0F-929E-41E5-80D2-560D92C63A5F.jpeg

A83216E8-FF59-4FD8-B2B3-14B98D3C530C.jpeg

9FAFBBD2-3052-43F0-B7CF-60843E5D961D.jpeg

CF3C6966-1CDB-43FD-8B90-DB5A000BB8AC.jpeg

094ED3FB-F87A-43D8-98D7-9767A64D3650.jpeg

379875E1-224D-49CB-9DBE-107FC40ACFC3.jpeg

15 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Eminent reverted to last years form from UK, Sir Mark Todd did a great job to get him going again but I thought he looked disinterested again . Wouldn't be worth the plane fare home for him I would have thought.

The internationals might look at Kluger and his Japan level of form  then look,  at  old Hartnell  both disposing of best of rest of Aussie WFA and have decent go at Cox Plate with non ARC and Breeders Cup horses.

Dubhe got going a bit late but never looked likely I thought , Shraaoh went from Sir Micheal Stoute to a jumping yard , on last run for Harry Fry got smacked 7 lengths in receipt of a pound by Hamada in run of mill Newmarket Handicap in July . That's a pretty good effort to pick him out of that by  the agents.

Eminent surprised everyone dropping back at the start when expected to lead. JMac seemed to want to follow Winx into the race but when she went, he couldn't. Dubhe was way too short..hyped up and everyone followed McEvoy's lead. Shraaoh had done nothing wrong in the lead up and the price was double figures only because Ford was riding. They don't always get it right....;)

1 hour ago, tasman man 11 said:

Great photos CBT....looks like the folk behind looking for the mare rather than the fillies on parade !

Half marathon on here today ,in perfect conditions !

Kiwis had a good day at Randwick and a good 70 plus minutes in the NRL !

Nice one Gary! I managed to crack an hour for the Run4Kids (12.8km) over here last weekend, my first competitive run for a long time after being off for a couple of years with some knee soreness. I started next to Bill Shorten (the next Aussie PM). That was his 12th Run4Kids! 

Go the Warriors! 

Here’s another video of the Queen in the parade ring (not sure if I can upload a video though). B)

15 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Good to see at least one of you had a decent stylist.......:rcfe-like:

Short stuff looks like he’s wearing an old curtain Ohokaman! I think he needs my friend Colin back home to style him. B)

On 4/13/2019 at 11:21 AM, CBT said:

Very tacky this one. Melbourne would’ve given her a proper “Banksy type” send off. This is quite embarrassing and doesn’t do the Queen justice. :ph34r:

670BC143-B2D0-450D-96E2-0F7B63D2B230.jpeg

Didn't realise what bad conformation she had? :rcf-laughing-2:

I hate all the “name dropping” that’s crept into some of the posts on Racecafe - especially by a select few! I could drop more names than most (other than P4P maybe)on Racecafe but don’t see the point. Do we need it fellas? 

1 hour ago, Trump said:

I hate all the “name dropping” that’s crept into some of the posts on Racecafe - especially by a select few! I could drop more names than most (other than P4P maybe)on Racecafe but don’t see the point. Do we need it fellas? 

To be fair I have never seen P4P doing much name dropping. If you are involved in the industry you obviously know many people in the industry. I know more than most, but who cares, everyone is equal, everyone has their opinions and thoughts. People are interesting for what they think themselves, not  for who they happen to know because they went to school with someone. 

<That was a huge day Gary! Remember Lee Freedman’s victory speech?> Lee Freedom got lucky. He only got the Diva because David Hall got his Hong Kong Training Contract and had to leave Australia. Thus, MD was transferred to Freedman Bros. One thing I’m uncertain of is whether or not this happened “before” or “after” Freddo got his 6months suspension for doping. Bi-carb I think it was. Anyway, he certainly gained from Hall’s departure. 

7 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

To be fair I have never seen P4P doing much name dropping. If you are involved in the industry you obviously know many people in the industry. I know more than most, but who cares, everyone is equal, everyone has their opinions and thoughts. People are interesting for what they think themselves, not  for who they happen to know because they went to school with someone. 

I could drop more names than farts but who gives a s..t ? eg., I consider myself a good friend of the owner of HQ restaurant in Auckland, but I don’t brag about it...

15 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I’m not by nature a name dropper, but when Richo said “aren’t you the legend Leo Molloy, and can I have a selfie ?” I had to say “ yes, of course “.hence the photo post above 

Bit of a different subject, but how good is Australian Racing, and don’t they know how to look after you....it’s unfair to compare NZ & Australia because the culture is so different...but their racing product is just so much better at every level.

Shit P4P, you’re going to spoil BarryB’s day with those sort of comments :( 

52 minutes ago, Trump said:

Shit P4P, you’re going to spoil BarryB’s day with those sort of comments :( 

Not at all, I agree with P4P,  I just don't like it when you constantly stick it in our face.

We all know its average at best here, but according to your view any and every thing is better in gods chosen land, which we all know is close to being accurate. 

1 hour ago, barryb said:

Not at all, I agree with P4P,  I just don't like it when you constantly stick it in our face.

We all know its average at best here, but according to your view any and every thing is better in gods chosen land, which we all know is close to being accurate. 

Only the racing BB

24 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I met Betty Windsor a few times, and she was incredibly unimpressive 

I would like to have, but didn’t meet, Pamela Anderson, Elizabeth Taylor, that bird Brad Pitt married, or Marilyn Monroe

I did meet one of Rod Stewart’s wives a couple of times, there was no need to meet the rest of his wives because they all looked the same 

Others I haven’t met but would like to include, but are not limited to, Jack Nicholson, any of The Stones....and any other big drug taking, hard rooters & party animals of our generation.....and I’m not “around the wicket” in the slightest but I’d like to have partied with Freddie Mercury and George Michael......

To conclude I wouldn’t ever want to meet the following, Trump, Pauline Hansen, Putin, David Warner, Assad, any English rugby players, Stephen Jones, Andrew Little, or Quaide Cooper.

Bastards I have met and would never bother to piss on if I found them on fire include McAnulty, the STD Tommo, and Purcell.

There’s a nice bit of wankerage for you, and other than silly old Betty Windsor I didn’t even mention one famous 

My understanding if what is reported is true which may well not be true and only rumour was that Pamela was to be found at the Ecuadorian embassy every now and then.

Actually, after all the name dropping by Thommo, I reckon a new thread could be interesting and quite a laugh. A thread where Cafe people could tell stories and name drop/photographs etc of racing people they have known throughout the years. Had a beer with, tossed the can around the room, shared a meal with, raced a horse with etc etc. I reckon it would be a laugh.