RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CBT

Farewell to the Queen......

When Black Caviar retired in 2013 I never thought I’d see one better then along came Winx. After getting towelled up early on in her career by First Seal who could imagine the horse that she would become?!

My favourite memory of her will be seeing how she keeps her head carriage so balanced when she knuckles down. You can see a switch flick in her brain and that undeniable determination is impenetrable to the other mere mortals. 

I’ll be interested to hear what Darren Flindell has orchestrated once she crosses the finish line one final time.

Farewell to the Queen. Thanks for the memories. I will savour every second of today and will cherish the experience forever. 

5DA3BFC7-F33C-48F0-A6FB-575645CDB0F9.png

BCE0C274-16F2-4844-9958-536945501DC1.png

1 hour ago, CBT said:

When Black Caviar retired in 2013 I never thought I’d see one better then along came Winx. After getting towelled up early on in her career by First Seal who could imagine the horse that she would become?!

My favourite memory of her will be seeing how she keeps her head carriage so balanced when she knuckles down. You can see a switch flick in her brain and that undeniable determination is impenetrable to the other mere mortals. 

I’ll be interested to hear what Darren Flindell has orchestrated once she crosses the finish line one final time.

Farewell to the Queen. Thanks for the memories. I will savour every second of today and will cherish the experience forever. 

5DA3BFC7-F33C-48F0-A6FB-575645CDB0F9.png

BCE0C274-16F2-4844-9958-536945501DC1.png

First Seal I think finished in front of her 4 out 5 meetings .

19 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

Are you catching up with Leo at Randwick Chris?

Have a beer and a pie together

I was at Randwick last Saturday - magic course and saw the mare have a hit out a great day and had a good win in the last too

It depends whether he’s remembered to pack his telephone books Tom. I won’t see him otherwise! :lol:

5 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Spare me Tom ... that’s the last thing I want ... can’t I have an enjoyable day with my high rolling mates rather than have the STD loitering around & trying to sit on my knee 

Are you wearing a proper suit today short stuff or the same one the Salvo’s donated to you when Consensus won at Valley? B)

16 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Haven’t decided yet....I’ll see what my stylist advises 

I hope you’ve got a new one short stuff as I think your previous one forgot to wear his glasses. :)

Cloud has burned off. Track should be perfect. Good luck for today. B)

D66257C1-EF7B-406A-B32F-7B30FE30D83F.png

Very tacky this one. Melbourne would’ve given her a proper “Banksy type” send off. This is quite embarrassing and doesn’t do the Queen justice. :ph34r:

670BC143-B2D0-450D-96E2-0F7B63D2B230.jpeg

What a poorly designed city this is. I can’t believe I lived here for 6 months. Scrambled eggs are better designed than this city. 

Melbourne - one train direct from Flinders to Flemington. One train direct from Flinders to Caulfield. One train direct from Flinders to Moonee Ponds (with a short 5 min walk to the Valley).

In Sydney you have to deal with this! :wacko: (Train to Central, then queue for a bus that takes forever through the Eastern Suburbs)

Sydney will always be Melbourne’s poorer cousin.

3B6B6257-B051-4CE7-AA60-232EAF5B6559.jpeg

3CA169ED-3D69-46DE-B5BD-F2A362AB3F16.jpeg

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

Haven’t decided yet....I’ll see what my stylist advises 

I think your stylist has gone a bit overboard this time short stuff. I prefer the Moonee Valley “Salvo’s number”. B)

33ECDA65-71BE-48FA-A3AF-7AD98520EB21.jpeg

Peter Tighe looking very dapper today is a striking pin stripe suit. 

When I asked this guy below if he has something rehearsed he replied “if she wins....He’s Eminent is a big chance of spoiling the party. :ph34r:

4A5EF4C4-8BE1-467A-B29C-B5DF61C184D3.jpeg

2 minutes ago, CBT said:

Peter Tighe looking very dapper today is a striking pin stripe suit. 

When I asked this guy below if he has something rehearsed he replied “if she wins....He’s Eminent is a big chance of spoiling the party.” :ph34r:

4A5EF4C4-8BE1-467A-B29C-B5DF61C184D3.jpeg

3 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

You’re just jelly because I’ve got my arm around your missus 

I thought it was your 4th wife short stuff? Still batting above your average I see. :P

How good is it being here!! B)

F8C13B5D-341D-444F-B769-E65A68DF582F.jpeg

1 hour ago, CBT said:

Very tacky this one. Melbourne would’ve given her a proper “Banksy type” send off. This is quite embarrassing and doesn’t do the Queen justice. :ph34r:

670BC143-B2D0-450D-96E2-0F7B63D2B230.jpeg

Gamble responsibly warning under horse that's won 33 straight , investing money on her has been safer than having money in low interest  current account of major bank, no bail outs required.

Put that warning up on big  pic of South Island maiden horse, but not her.

Ends in tears today , Eminent will claim the crown.

19 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Gamble responsibly warning under horse that's won 33 straight , investing money on her has been safer than having money in low interest  current account of major bank, no bail outs required.

Put that warning up on big  pic of South Island maiden horse, but not her.

Ends in tears today , Eminent will claim the crown.

Good luck Red Rum. I would love him to give her a real contest today.

2 minutes ago, CBT said:

A day that will live in memory what ever the result . Every way I look at it Dubhe wins Cup , which with me normally means they dont win. Draw jock prep weight going trip all plus against a poorish  field although SCR ran with credit , Gallic Chiefton a difficult one to line up at times .

Have a top day.

11 minutes ago, CBT said:

Used to be a rails bookie had slot on Channel 4 racing UK. Barry surname escapes me . He would select a hot fav he thought was dicey for the day " Barry's Bismarck " it was called . Today he would defo label Verry Elleegant " Barry's Bismarck".

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

Used to be a rails bookie had slot on Channel 4 racing UK. Barry surname escapes me . He would select a hot fav he thought was dicey for the day " Barry's Bismarck " it was called . Today he would defo label Verry Elleegant " Barry's Bismarck".

Barry Dennis

10 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

This is the place to be Tommo 

You coping ok down there with the blue collars ?

4BE5822D-A629-4190-B9FF-9C3B44488466.jpeg

If I wanted to be that far away from the horses short stuff I would’ve stayed in Melbourne.

Go Classique Legend!! K Mac is back!! B)

At least it went the way it should. Alternatively HE and Dddance never got warm. Neither would have  won an argument today. Nor Dubhe in the Cup, but the Kiwi mares ran with credit. A lot of good horses behind them.

Eminent reverted to last years form from UK, Sir Mark Todd did a great job to get him going again but I thought he looked disinterested again . Wouldn't be worth the plane fare home for him I would have thought.

The internationals might look at Kluger and his Japan level of form  then look,  at  old Hartnell  both disposing of best of rest of Aussie WFA and have decent go at Cox Plate with non ARC and Breeders Cup horses.

Dubhe got going a bit late but never looked likely I thought , Shraaoh went from Sir Micheal Stoute to a jumping yard , on last run for Harry Fry got smacked 7 lengths in receipt of a pound by Hamada in run of mill Newmarket Handicap in July . That's a pretty good effort to pick him out of that by  the agents.

2 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

Well CBT , I remember Sir Don Bradman's last innings !

What price Sir Mark Todd ?

Enjoy !

The fairytale ending Gary. Was the perfect day (apart from Eduardo).

I did feel better after learning Sean Bartholemew was down 15K for the day though with no winners! :ph34r:

Can’t believe it’s finally over. Kudos to the owners for retiring her at the peak of her powers. It’s been an absolute pleasure to witness the Queen. Will wait with baited breath to see who the first arranged marriage is with. B)