RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ruby

Down come the Fees....

cant believe the fee for Trapeze Artist. I really like him and think he is going to be good but $99 K. Wow! NZ studs seem to be a bit slow in announcing the fees for this year. Must be some long hard thinking going on:rcf-thinking:

1 hour ago, elvis said:

cant believe the fee for Trapeze Artist. I really like him and think he is going to be good but $99 K. Wow! NZ studs seem to be a bit slow in announcing the fees for this year. Must be some long hard thinking going on:rcf-thinking:

Agree with you there, they have priced him as if he has already made it, where do they go to if he is successful? Apparently the owners decision.

These are the stallions you can go to for less or same as  TA 

Lonhro $77k 83 SWs

NASD $99k 64 SWs

E&E $88k 156 SWs

Choisir $27.5k  94 SWs

without mentioning those on the rise like Dundeel,Pierro,Nicconi,BTR,SOB.

Defies belief.

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Wow! NZ studs seem to be a bit slow in announcing the fees for this year. Must be some long hard thinking going on

I was thinking the same thing - Usually they are all announced by now. Good to see Waikato bring Ocean Park and Sacred Falls down to a "Working man's" fee.

37 minutes ago, Kingshill said:

I was thinking the same thing - Usually they are all announced by now. Good to see Waikato bring Ocean Park and Sacred Falls down to a "Working man's" fee.

Are they waiting for the magic wand of racing reform to hit town perhaps?

I think a lot of those high priced Aussie stallions have a heap of shareholder nominations so there are not many outside spots available. Therefore they can put these high figures up and may attract a few but it does not really matter to them . Well that is the promotional spin!

This is what Newgate said about Deep Field's fee which has been doubled for 2019.

“We believe Deep Field has a big future ahead and we want to look
after him for the long term,” Newgate Farm general manager Bruce Slade
said.
“Outside of his shareholder group there will only be a limited number
of nominations available in the market for the 2019 season.”

Westbury Stud have released the fees for their 2019 stallion line-up with Reliable Man and Tarzino heading the roster at $15,000 + GST.

Reliable Man has sired several stakes winners over the past twelve months headed by his daughter Sentimental Miss winning the Gr.1 New Zealand Oaks (2400m) and Belle du Nord winning the Gr. 2 Cal Isuzu Stakes (1600m). His season looks far from over with the likes of Grinzinger Star, Nobu and Trusty Lad all aiming at Australian Group One features in the next few months.

Dual Australian Group One winner Tarzino is entering his third year at stud after receiving strong support in his first two years serving 124 mares in his first season and 133 mares in 2018.

Redwood and Swiss Ace will stand at $10,000 + GST, with El Roca and Telperion rounding out the roster at $9,000 + GST and $5,000 + GST respectively.

Westbury Stud Fees - 2019

Reliable man $15K - Down from $17.5K

Tarzino - Unchanged at $15K

Swiss Ace $10K - Down from $12K?

Redwood - Unchanged at $10K

El Roca - $9K - Up from $7.5K

Telperion - Unchanged at $5K

Surprised that El Roca has jumped up on the back of only 2 stakes placegetters - Still early days for him though.

On 4/24/2019 at 8:16 PM, Kingshill said:

Westbury Stud Fees - 2019

Reliable man $15K - Down from $17.5K

Tarzino - Unchanged at $15K

Swiss Ace $10K - Down from $12K?

Redwood - Unchanged at $10K

El Roca - $9K - Up from $7.5K

Telperion - Unchanged at $5K

Surprised that El Roca has jumped up on the back of only 2 stakes placegetters - Still early days for him though.

I think El Roca may be the real deal but no Dundeel. As you say it's early days.