RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Emotive

Open Letter To Craig Rendle

Dear Craig.

In My Opinion: Collateral Damage.

Like most in this sport, I watched last nights news report with interest because the negative publicity that the sport has been subjected to for nigh on two years has a direct effect on us all.

When you first came to prominence in this industry I like many others thought that your appointment would bring positive change. A change in attitude, and a new pathway that would benefit all. Most were disappointed. What we got was a vision that facilitated the building of an empire, anyone who criticised that vision was labeled "jealous" or a "trouble maker." We also got a new CEO and with him came the "Gagging Rule" which I believe was introduced intimidate anyone who criticised the new regime, namely you. Your vision was never inclusive, it was always about domination with collateral damage.  We have been experiencing the fallout of that vision in recent years which has brought us to this point.  Your interview last night was cowardly, hiding behind your front door, again blaming "jealousy" for the position you now find yourself in.

Jealous, let's look at that word in context. Are those who form the collateral damage group jealous of your success? the answer to that is no. There are many successful trainers in this country who have earned the respect of our industry. Trainers who have been far more successful than you and your partnership. One such trainer currently sits atop the strike rate list and has done for many years. There are numerous other examples but most do not rely on a saturation model. Is it the money? Everyone dreams of winning lotto. Every trainer's dream is to train that one special dog, but that's not what it's about either. So do they want to be tied down to two or three hundred dogs so they too can have wealth and notoriety? most definitely not. That's about ego. Jealousy is just an excuse for a situation that has been manufactured by your vision.

What scares the collateral damage group is their fear of being forced out of the industry by a business model devised to do exactly that. These are people who in some cases built this industry, people who have dedicated their whole lives to the sport, people who have sacrificed much to continue on, people whose absolute passion and love of the greyhound keep them turning up each race day. They have no ego, no wish to be the "Bigtime I Am", no, they just want to retain the right to earn a living in the sport they love. Be honest Craig, you could care less and quite frankly the industry could do without your ego. It's all about respect Craig.

There have been a number of positive changes since your resignation and I applaud the GRNZ for their efforts. There will always be changes which members may not support, in those cases, I would hope that the GRNZ takes member concerns on board and engages in constructive conversation.

It looks like the SPCA case is going to proceed, in the meantime, we all suffer.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2019/04/greens-want-greyhound-racing-banned-after-live-baiting-scandal.html

I feel sorry for only one affected party in this debacle, the dogs. What is going to happen to all of those dogs? I doubt if they were dispersed amongst every other trainer in NZ that there would be enough spare kennels to accomodate such big numbers. I also doubt that above mentioned owner, even with all his wealth could afford to even pay trainers fees for the staggering amount of dogs he owns, this begs the question, how did GRNZ allow this to happen. Going off what the GRNZ and the RIU stated when this first came to light, which was that they would be awaiting the findings of the SPCA investigation then proceeding with their case immediately after the report was aired, this would mean that the trainer can no longer race his dogs from yesterday onwards until the RIU have concluded their investigation. No dogs should be allowed to leave that property during this time in my opinion and these greedy individuals should be paying to feed all the dogs as normal and with no income from racing them, this way the error’s of their ways will bleed them of the very thing that motivated them to become so “bigtime”.......money.

Well put Emotive,  I am prepared to give Rendle the benefit of the doubt as far as his knowledge of the activities at his trainers property goes - I for one as an owner have no idea at all of the goings on at my trainers property (though I have never had reason to question their integrity)

I can respect his initial loyalty - obviously they would have vehemently denied any wrong doing - however...and it’s a big However!  Surely blind Eddie can see the enormity of evidence and begin questioning his beliefs.

Perhaps even a “I am withholding judgement until proven guilty, if it is true I will be terribly disappointed and remove all my dogs immediately “ response would have been easier to swallow than “Everyone is just jealous”

43 minutes ago, Betting man said:

Well put Emotive,  I am prepared to give Rendle the benefit of the doubt as far as his knowledge of the activities at his trainers property goes - I for one as an owner have no idea at all of the goings on at my trainers property (though I have never had reason to question their integrity)

I can respect his initial loyalty - obviously they would have vehemently denied any wrong doing - however...and it’s a big However!  Surely blind Eddie can see the enormity of evidence and begin questioning his beliefs.

Perhaps even a “I am withholding judgement until proven guilty, if it is true I will be terribly disappointed and remove all my dogs immediately “ response would have been easier to swallow than “Everyone is just jealous”

BM, I was angered by the "jealousy" comment because it was flippant and shallow. It demonstrated a total lack of understanding of the current climate. People are scared and angry at the lack of respect bestowed upon them, manipulated industry direction, and their imminent demise. They have dreams too as well as a right to a place within the industry that they genuinely love. I'm not surprised that any of them would fight back. That is about as far away from the jealousy excuse as you can possibly get.

You have given him the benefit of the doubt and that's fine, but every day he races dogs with "Lisa Cole, trainer," and that is the biggest lie of all.

10 hours ago, Betting man said:

Sorry to burst the “I’m withholding judgment until proven guilty” bubble but this owner would of been well aware of the goings on in that kennel. We are talking about a couple of massive punters here, $10k + bets, these are bets that they share investment and return in, god forbid what other goings on happen to “limit liability” of such bets. I can remember many years ago, 12+ at a guess, it was not long after Craig started showing interest in greyhound racing, I was invited to a race meeting for a big group race night, the table I was at was next to him and his group of “hangers on” and the trainer under investigation. I distinctly remember one of that group returning to the table and telling the “followers” about what he had just witnessed in the trainers car park involving “exciting and enticing” their dog just prior to it being kennelled. It became clear to me that this practice was obviously frowned upon due to hearing the guy saying “sh@t don’t say a word about that”. There 2 peas in a pod, brothers to different mothers, sworn to oath amongst themselves and undeniably loyal to each other, but what will be most remember able of all in years to come will be how between them they completely totalled the greyhound racing industry in NZ.