RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
POPA GAS

a good read

Here's a better read:

86. 11OFFENCES RELATING TO LURING AND BAITING

86.1 Only artificial materials are permitted for use as a lure or any other training device for the purposes of training a Greyhound or otherwise being used in connection with Greyhound Racing. Artificial material includes the use of tanned skin products. 86.2 No person may: (a) use or allow to be used in connection with Greyhound Racing or training for Greyhound Racing a bird or animal whether dead or alive, and whether as a lure or to excite a Greyhound or otherwise; or (b) bring or allow to be brought on to grounds where a Greyhound is situated, a bird or animal whether dead or alive which might reasonably be capable of being used as a lure or to excite a Greyhound or otherwise; or (c) allow a Greyhound, for the purpose of training a Greyhound, to pursue or attack a bird or animal, whether dead or alive. 86.3 Any person who has knowledge or suspects an Offence has occurred, is occurring, or is reasonably likely to occur, shall report the matter to the Association immediately. 86.4 Any Person found guilty of an Offence under this Rule shall be liable to: (a) a minimum fine of $10,000.00 for any one (1) Offence; and/or (b) Suspension; and/or (c) Disqualification; and/or (d) Warning Off. 86.5 Any Club found guilty of an Offence under this Rule shall be liable to, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Board or the Stewards: (a) a minimum fine of $10,000.00 for any one (1) Offence; and/or (b) Suspension of its affiliation to the Association; and/or (c) cancellation of its affiliation to the Association.

After watching the TV3 News item just now, where the Green Party spokesperson called for the abolition of Greyhound Racing in NZ, coupled with the No Comment from the NZGRA and that the RIU are awaiting developments with no present plans to lay charges, it is imperative that the NZGRA immediately suspend the whole Cole Kennels racing activity until the outcome of the trial. They found it unbelievable that Cole was still racing and handling dogs at Wanganui today.

We must act to save the integrity of our code.

Edited by JETSUN
details

You are probably right Gordy but if the NZGRA had listened to all the warnings for the last couple of years they could have got to the bottom of it and avoided the inevitable mess that we are now in. 

Cole's are entitled to a fair trial no matter how everyone wants to judge them without one but that fair trial should have happened years ago. Very poor decision making by the board they could fairly be charged for allowing the sport to be brought into disrepute

Yes GOM. They will get their fair trial before final actions can be determined. But, lack of action by the NZGRA at this stage is more harmful to the code than Coles actions. As happened in Australia the code is loosing it's Social License and we are providing all the ammunition they require. That is why I stated SUSPENSION, nothing else, until the trial action is completed.

On 4/10/2019 at 7:18 PM, JETSUN said:

After watching the TV3 News item just now, where the Green Party spokesperson called for the abolition of Greyhound Racing in NZ, coupled with the No Comment from the NZGRA and that the RIU are awaiting developments with no present plans to lay charges, it is imperative that the NZGRA immediately suspend the whole Cole Kennels racing activity until the outcome of the trial. They found it unbelievable that Cole was still racing and handling dogs at Wanganui today.

We must act to save the integrity of our code.

Hi Jetsun, with you the whole way. But I worry it is too late.

I stopped betting on NZ greyhound racing 3 years ago because there was too much uncertainty about whether the average punter was being duped by cheats.

And I emphasis the word uncertainty, whatever way you want to look at, doping, baiting, dogs dissapearing, David Scott incident, fighting at the tracks etc, it just goes on.

And what also is dismaying is that some prominent people like owners, trainers, and others have known about all of this for decades and some choose to either ignore, protect and make excuses for all the crap.

I have had a few dogs over the years ( not anymore ) and some have been good, have only ever had 2 trainers, one gave up years ago, and the other is basically getting out now. Both great lovely honest people, both say the same thing, cant compete with the ..... but I will use the word uncertainty. 

I had a really good sprinter that would always compete and beat the best, but if we ever got to a final, we couldn't beat the best, they would improve by lengths, must have had great trainers mmmmm.

I agree with you Jetsun, but it should have happened 10 years ago, I fear it is too far gone.