RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Rules For Some

Brendan Cole

Just another thing here which i found out yesterday is if grnz or riu charged  him 18mnths ago with dead baiting the spca warned them they proberly would  not pursue the live baitng charge as he had been charged....remember the cost of the spca investigations would be high........but if this was fact why were lps not notified...to now say they don't know who the person is is when they were part of the original charge is ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, Rules For Some said:

I should add that photos taken illegally in NZ have been accepted in the court of law in the past unlike Australia.

There was an incident where a farmer had illegal photos taken of animal cruelty and they were accepted in the courts.

So there is some case law in NZ that supports that these photos will not be dismissed from court 

The rule that has been applied in the past relates to "Public Interest" and the extent of harm caused. Now precedents exist in both countries where illegal photographic and video footage have been allowed into evidence. I believe the decision is a case by case situation. We have video surveillance cameras everywhere these days, and some still argue the street versions are an invasion of privacy, but they remain in the publics best interest. Hard to say what the ruling will be in this case.

GRNZ RULES;

21. Powers and DUTIES of the board.

21.2 The board shall have the following power and DUTY.

d. Subject to rules 91 to 97, to suspend, deregister, disqualify or warn off as it deems necessary in the best interest of Greyhound racing or it's relative activities in NZ 

If everyone gave their dogs a rest for two weeks I think that might get some action and your dogs would enjoy the rest not just cd but whole country then we would see who the scabs are just a thought

Bit tough Watsup, there are a lot of people that do not agree with the current situation that would not be willing to take part in your scheme and I would be one of them .

That is lynch mob mentality

No def not Lynch mob just a strike show the powers to be how concerned for the sport we are at the moment everyone seems really concerned about the future of the sport let’s show them we won’t tolerate crap from them or anyone else

GOM - I'm playing Devil's Advocate here. As wek know there is always two sides to a story and I am not siding on either.

It's been poorly handled from the very start by all parties and the time it has taken to lay charges suggests that there may be something questionable or that the case wasn't as strong as they'd like. 

Joe Blogs - In answer to your question - Reg Kay in Queensland.

13 minutes ago, Flabbergasted said:

GOM - I'm playing Devil's Advocate here. As wek know there is always two sides to a story and I am not siding on either.

It's been poorly handled from the very start by all parties and the time it has taken to lay charges suggests that there may be something questionable or that the case wasn't as strong as they'd like. 

Joe Blogs - In answer to your question - Reg Kay in Queensland.

The time taken from investigation to charges varies between 18 months to three years here. Partly because the SPCA is under-resourced, and partly to ensure a case is robust as funds are limited. They cannot afford to go off half-cocked for no result. If you look at all the prosecutions brought in the past ten years, the longer an investigation takes the more likely charges are preferred. If they did not believe they could successfully bring a case, they would have dropped the investigation within the first 6 months.

The link is to a case which began on the 13th of June 2017 and concluded with a successful prosecution in January 2019. To a layman, it would appear to be an open and shut case. A case against a local farmer ended three years after the investigation began.

https://www.spca.nz/news-and-events/news-article/spca-prosecution-man-jailed-after-neglecting-his-two-dogs

I see race 1 and 2 at Wanganui today both winning dogs owned by Brendon Cole,  not bad for a person warned off, GRNZ thanks a bunch, your really letting the rest of us down with your lack of action throughout this whole fiasco, was once proud to be involved with the dogs, not anymore