RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CBT

The best horse that Anthony Freedman has trained is racing at Sandown Hillside tomorrow.....

7 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Frankely Awesome ran home strong the other week and quite a few Frankels up north run out 2 miles well enough . 

Good on you today toughing it out and winning the reddies.  Enjoy Saturday , some new blood for the Champion to go against as well. Eminent camp appear happy with him and talking HK then UK for another season.

Cheers Red Rum. Not sure if you’ve seen the Sky Racing piece with all the old commentators (John Tapp, Alan Thomas, Ian Craig etc) on who they think is the best. They all have a frank discussion and give their reasons for ranking their top 5. Very interesting and worth a look if you haven’t seen it. 

I agree re: both Frankely Awesome and He’s Eminent. Frankely Awesome looks like a real stayer to me and will excel past 2000m where as I think Verry Elleegant will be vulnerable at the end of 2400m. He’s Eminent was massive first up and I wouldn’t be surprised if he pushes Winx all the way down the straight here. She will need to work for her fairytale.

1 hour ago, CBT said:

I back horses based on ability regardless of what they’re paying. 

I had a few grand on Black Caviar in most of her 25 wins including 4K when Luke Nolen’s brain fade nearly cost her her Ascot win. 

When the bookmaker accepted my bet today he said “I don’t think I’ll be holding on to this for very long.” Yes, in hindsight the horse lost but it wouldn’t change my mind betting on that horse prior to the race because of it’s odds. 

Thommo, read your first sentence above. Why would you contradict yourself by then saying “Verry Elleegant” is too short? I think she def needs the sting out of the track to be her best, so I think that’s a better reason to have doubts about her chances. 

28 minutes ago, CBT said:

Cheers Red Rum. Not sure if you’ve seen the Sky Racing piece with all the old commentators (John Tapp, Alan Thomas, Ian Craig etc) on who they think is the best. They all have a frank discussion and give their reasons for ranking their top 5. Very interesting and worth a look if you haven’t seen it. 

I agree re: both Frankely Awesome and He’s Eminent. Frankely Awesome looks like a real stayer to me and will excel past 2000m where as I think Verry Elleegant will be vulnerable at the end of 2400m. He’s Eminent was massive first up and I wouldn’t be surprised if he pushes Winx all the way down the straight here. She will need to work for her fairytale.

Will try find the sky racing piece. I like listening to people lining up different Champs.  It's the unwinnable unloseable arguement. I've been lucky enough to see Winx a few times  and each time I would have happily paid  many times the entrance price and still walked away  happy at end of day as money very well spent.

I think if anyone has any doubts how decent Eminent is when on his game watch that Deauville race from few years back, Avilius was destroyed. Sir Mark Todd appears to have done a right good job with him to sweeten him up again , so much so they looking at heading on with him. I assumed he would have been retired after Saturday .The Valley would suit him with his style ?

26 minutes ago, Trump said:

Thommo, read your first sentence above. Why would you contradict yourself by then saying “Verry Elleegant” is too short? I think she def needs the sting out of the track to be her best, so I think that’s a better reason to have doubts about her chances. 

I have no doubt about her ability. I just think 2000m is her limit and the extra 400m will test her (as will the firmer track which will favour other runners). Price is no issue for me backing her Ernie. If she was $1.50 and I thought she’d run a strong 2400m I’d have no hesitation backing her. 

With Eight Carat blood oozing thru her veins, mingling with the Sadlers Wells, Danehill, Whisky Road, Nureyev and Sir Tristram blood, I doubt that 2400m would be an issue. The comments of JMac were interesting and positive too. 

13 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Will try find the sky racing piece. I like listening to people lining up different Champs.  It's the unwinnable unloseable arguement. I've been lucky enough to see Winx a few times  and each time I would have happily paid  many times the entrance price and still walked away  happy at end of day as money very well spent.

I think if anyone has any doubts how decent Eminent is when on his game watch that Deauville race from few years back, Avilius was destroyed. Sir Mark Todd appears to have done a right good job with him to sweeten him up again , so much so they looking at heading on with him. I assumed he would have been retired after Saturday .The Valley would suit him with his style ?

He’s such an amazing horseman Red Rum. Top bloke too. He used to train my old man’s horse Bella Mia. I’m glad he’s training again and the thoroughbred industry is so much better for him being back and involved. 

The Avilius formline is an interesting one and after his slasher first up with massive improvement expected makes the race even more exciting. 

11 minutes ago, Trump said:

With Eight Carat blood oozing thru her veins, mingling with the Sadlers Wells, Danehill, Whisky Road, Nureyev and Sir Tristram blood, I doubt that 2400m would be an issue. The comments of JMac were interesting and positive too. 

Good luck Ernie. I probably won’t be betting this race but if I do it’ll be on Frankely Awesome.

10 minutes ago, CBT said:

He’s such an amazing horseman Red Rum. Top bloke too. He used to train my old man’s horse Bella Mia. I’m glad he’s training again and the thoroughbred industry is so much better for him being back and involved. 

The Avilius formline is an interesting one and after his slasher first up with massive improvement expected makes the race even more exciting. 

I'd like to see that Red Excitement type situation , Eminent gets a decent lead into straight and Winx has to run him down. Be awesome to just have that element of doubt at the furlong pole, that blimey she might not make it , the crowd will cheer the roof off.. Kluger ran well in mile but his Japanese form is touch below the top line . 

Won’t be there this year CBT. Went last year and that was enough of Winx fever for me. 

Should be a great day for keen followers like yourself. I think Veery  Ellergant is home and hosed . The big factor is the Waller input. He’s had her long enough now to have worked her out. The odds are a bit slim for me tho. Anyway good punting.   

2 minutes ago, Memphis2 said:

Won’t be there this year CBT. Went last year and that was enough of Winx fever for me. 

Should be a great day for keen followers like yourself. I think Veery  Ellergant is home and hosed . The big factor is the Waller input. He’s had her long enough now to have worked her out. The odds are a bit slim for me tho. Anyway good punting.   

All good mate. Good punting to you too. 

25 minutes ago, HarryHindsight said:

"I wonder how this person is feeling this morning? I guess $1.25 wasn’t too short for him! :ph34r:"

I would offer $1.25 that the only professional in that bet was the bookmaker.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing Harry. :)

14 minutes ago, Trump said:

You wouldn’t see that much $ in a laundry- or would you ?:rcfe-cool:

Pretty big bet for a mid week in Melbourne Ernie! :ph34r:

Perhaps if it was Mick Gatto’s laundry :lol:

16 hours ago, CBT said:

Not sure about that CBT....VE is by Zed a son of Zabeel so wouldn't think distance would be a worry......particularly on a wet track. If it dries out to better side of soft, that could change things. And I want it better than that please.......;)

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Not sure about that CBT....VE is by Zed a son of Zabeel so wouldn't think distance would be a worry......particularly on a wet track. If it dries out to better side of soft, that could change things. And I want it better than that please.......;)

She’s looks too brilliant for me over 2400m Ohokaman and I think the better track will favour the others more but am happy to be proven wrong. Would be good for Zed to get a Group 1. I’m assuming this would be his first as a sire?

38 minutes ago, CBT said:

She’s looks too brilliant for me over 2400m Ohokaman and I think the better track will favour the others more but am happy to be proven wrong. Would be good for Zed to get a Group 1. I’m assuming this would be his first as a sire?

I'm pretty sure Survived won a Group 1, and pretty sure the Vinery was Group 1.

39 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I'm pretty sure Survived won a Group 1, and pretty sure the Vinery was Group 1.

Thanks for answering the question. So Zed has had one Group 1 winner Survived. Perhaps he’ll have two by Saturday. B)

50 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Considering Verry Elleegant won a G1 last start I think you need to work on your math fuckwit.

One plus one equals what ?

What? A Group 1 over 2000m? What’s your point short stuff? 

Winx won many Group 1s over 2000m but she failed at her only attempt at 2400m.

6 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

What on earth are you talking about? Are you on something?

I’m high on life. What about you? Don’t tell me. You’re doomed. You poor miserable cynical thing. Cheer up, life isn’t bad. We get to see the best ever race for one final time this Saturday. 

Can’t wait!! :)

24 minutes ago, CBT said:

What? A Group 1 over 2000m? What’s your point short stuff? 

Winx won many Group 1s over 2000m but she failed at her only attempt at 2400m.

So 2 winners then short stuff. I’m bit excited today. It’s my 4 year wedding anniversary. You know, those things called wives, I think you’ve had 3 now haven’t you?

All set for Saturday? I see they’ve given you the visitor’s draw again. :ph34r:

Nobody will back against Winx “BUT”! If ever there was a time for her to be tested, then Eminent at $20+ is the one to get the crowd on its feet. With JMac and Sir P Vela our front free wheeling, Winx is going to give the crowd plenty to roar about. The last 300m will be awesome. The best finish (amongst many) I’ve been on track to see was on Slipper day at Rosehill and The Big O (Octagonal) got up in the last stride to win the Mercedes. The crowd was deafening. I suspect Randwick is going to go mad on Sat, especially if Eminent and Consensus win :) I’ve had a small all up with the two as an interest. The $1394/1 was too good not to have a little on!