RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
LightsOut

This TAB website...

11 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Brian de Lore did a useful article on the costing.  https://theinformant.co.nz/wagering-experience-a-key-requirement-for-tab/

However I've read up about costs for all sorts of systems medium to large. The one common realization is that correcting errors or implementing changes can balloon the costs far exceeding the initial capital cost. Even though the changes may sound simple they usually are not. It means other changes down stream from one change. Anyway the accepted IT industry figure for fixing a system not done right the first time is 40%. So if the initial cost was $40M we really should be looking at $65M.

I'm not sure about your arithmetic SD. Isn't 40% of $40m equal to $16m? That would mean a total of $56m, not $65m. Though from what I hear the true initial cost may already be around $56m and the result of that expenditure is undoubtedly a complete disaster at this point.

On 4/7/2019 at 7:35 PM, Bimbo said:

I think Des Coppins said today that this will be done later this month.

You will find  the stakes for each race  on the Mini Form (click on PDF)

On 4/17/2019 at 5:22 AM, Leggy said:

I'm not sure about your arithmetic SD. Isn't 40% of $40m equal to $16m? That would mean a total of $56m, not $65m. Though from what I hear the true initial cost may already be around $56m and the result of that expenditure is undoubtedly a complete disaster at this point.

Here is a suspicion. Could the slugginish in the changes and corrections have something to do with the accounting period.

I am not an accountant but would there be some argument whether changes and maintenance to the system are treated as capital expenditure or revenue expenditure. If the auditors say it needs to be revenue expenditure then I can see John Allen's dilemma. He certainly won't like the years costs going up before he leaves. On the other hand capital expenditure would assume some increase in capital value and thats hard to swallow.

Either way its the same for racing all downhill.

13 minutes ago, puha said:

You click on Riverton today and they don’t even have the jockeys under the horses name but at Ellerslie they do . Hopeless

And they want to close your track to somehow make racing better  !!!! . Absolute madness , very very sad state of affairs .

17 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

And they want to close your track to somehow make racing better  !!!! . Absolute madness , very very sad state of affairs .

Yep and no track conditions either for Riverton 10 minutes before the start of the first race. Maybe they think we're all mushrooms - just keep them in the dark and keep feeding them sh%t. Four months down and we 're still being served up this rubbish. Disgraceful. 

This Thursday afternoon in a Queensland TAB and the whole system went down for about 10 mins, no bets over the counter or on the self service, so they all have their issues from time to time.

Not only did they forget that horses have jockey's but also form, trainer and track conditions. These ommissions are certainly designed to reinforce their intentions to gradually die Southland racing.  

Rang the helpdesk as i wanted to back k tyler in the 1st he told me to click on extended form, sorry mate i said there is none .He replied on the right hand side by watch and play ,my replay was there none of that as well ,48 million wasted and k tyler wins the1st paying over $20

13 minutes ago, Fredd002 said:

Not only did they forget that horses have jockey's but also form, trainer and track conditions.

Fred the average track condition for Easter meetings at Riverton over the last 4 years is a Dead 5. I'd just go with that.

Also now they’ve they’ve killed off the informant I bought my Best bets $6 no issues their but it came out Thursday so no Woodville that day .Covers all of Saturday and nothing for Easter Monday so no Rotorua. I doubt their will be a printed publication for Mondays Racing so that is bound to affect turnover. 

33 minutes ago, dbtab said:

Rang the helpdesk as i wanted to back k tyler in the 1st he told me to click on extended form, sorry mate i said there is none .He replied on the right hand side by watch and play ,my replay was there none of that as well ,48 million wasted and k tyler wins the1st paying over $20

You should have been told to click on the race meeting e'g' Riverton then click on  PDF Form above (sometimes this is "hidden" on MORE) so click on MORE and the PDF Form is there.

Then click on Mini Form

All sorts of information there but I don't think I saw the Track Conditions listed.

6 minutes ago, Jape said:

You should have been told to click on the race meeting e'g' Riverton then click on  PDF Form above (sometimes this is "hidden" on MORE) so click on MORE and the PDF Form is there.

Then click on Mini Form

All sorts of information there but I don't think I saw the Track Conditions listed.

When you click on the race to bet you’d like a quick reference  ie trainer , jockey , distance it’s not much to ask for. All you have is the horses number name and FF win and tote prices . On the same page at Ellerslie you have the same plus barrier draw , jockey , Trainer and weight  plus distance . Sort your shit out please !

5 minutes ago, puha said:

When you click on the race to bet you’d like a quick reference  ie trainer , jockey , distance it’s nit much to ask for. 

Agreed.

It seems that all the information we want is (nearly all, anyway) but it could be more easily arranged. Or more suitably.

On 4/7/2019 at 7:48 PM, Rusty said:

Correct. 

Quite a few changes coming in "late April", including listing the stake for each race. 

The horse has bolted though. 

Nothing happened.  Not surprising.