RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Newmarket RC

Turn it Up - Congrats

to our regular contributor and RC fan Lee whose is a part owner of this fine animal.

The horse did you and the stable proud last night in the Cup.

I see the nutters are crowing conspiracy theories about MP's driving  as per usual but your classy enough as are most on here to ignore such rubbish.

18 minutes ago, Newmarket RC said:

to our regular contributor and RC fan Lee whose is a part owner of this fine animal.

The horse did you and the stable proud last night in the Cup.

I see the nutters are crowing conspiracy theories about MP's driving  as per usual but your classy enough as are most on here to ignore such rubbish.

Congratulations to turn it ups connections. looks a real NZ cup contender. Lets hope he has a trouble free NZ cup preparation.

I think the conspiracy theory you may be talking about was the enhance your calm drive. Personally I think he was caught by surprise,and any other driver would have got similar comments made about the drive.  Just because he's mark purdon,doesn't mean your a nutter if you think he made a mistake..

1 hour ago, what a post said:

Congratulations to turn it ups connections. looks a real NZ cup contender. Lets hope he has a trouble free NZ cup preparation.

I think the conspiracy theory you may be talking about was the enhance your calm drive. Personally I think he was caught by surprise,and any other driver would have got similar comments made about the drive.  Just because he's mark purdon,doesn't mean your a nutter if you think he made a mistake..

The Stewards report suggests otherwise as they were satisfied after talking to him that he gave the horse every chance.

ENHANCE YOUR CALM - Stewards spoke with driver M Purdon as to whether he could have displayed more vigour in the early stages of the run home to establish a bigger advantage over the trailing runners. Mr Purdon explained that his gelding had travelled well throughout however did not respond as anticipated when he released the deafeners near the 200 metres. He added it was the gelding's first attempt over 2600 metres and that combined with the track conditions may have contributed to its inability to quicken when asked for an effort.

Unlike his training partner Mark Purdon has never been an aggressive driver in terms of whip  or rein use which is to his credit and his record suggests he gets the best out of his charges. I suppose its ironic that winning driver  Bob Butt got a 5 day holiday  and $500 fine for excessive use

Its the same anti AS nutters who bag the likes of MP and NR  when they win or lose. In that respect I must congratulate those who currently post on here and to the owner for the civilized behaviour and respect that's shown by contributors and moderators alike to others posts.

9 minutes ago, Newmarket RC said:

The Stewards report suggests otherwise as they were satisfied after talking to him that he gave the horse every chance.

ENHANCE YOUR CALM - Stewards spoke with driver M Purdon as to whether he could have displayed more vigour in the early stages of the run home to establish a bigger advantage over the trailing runners. Mr Purdon explained that his gelding had travelled well throughout however did not respond as anticipated when he released the deafeners near the 200 metres. He added it was the gelding's first attempt over 2600 metres and that combined with the track conditions may have contributed to its inability to quicken when asked for an effort.

Unlike his training partner Mark Purdon has never been an aggressive driver in terms of whip  or rein use which is to his credit and his record suggests he gets the best out of his charges. I suppose its ironic that winning driver  Bob Butt got a 5 day holiday  and $500 fine for excessive use

Its the same anti AS nutters who bag the likes of MP and NR  when they win or lose. In that respect I must congratulate those who currently post on here and to the owner for the civilized behaviour and respect that's shown by contributors and moderators alike to others posts.

I don't agree with what mr purdon has to say. Hes naturally just covering for himself..  I'm not saying he should have been fined,just his horse eased up more than he thought it would.

If you look at the video,tricky vic is 2 lengths behind enhance your calm at the 150m,1 length at the 50m,then 1 1/2 at the finish.  Lotaauscle is 2 lengths behind at the 150m,a neck at the 50m,then a nose at the finish. The most telling observation was enhance your calm then pulled clear,together with lotamuscle,of the field and continued to do so after the finish.  The video doesn't have favourites,it tells its own story.   Lotamuscle not only caught mr purdon by surprise,but also caught the horse by surprise.

4 minutes ago, what a post said:

I don't agree with what mr purdon has to say. Hes naturally just covering for himself..  I'm not saying he should have been fined,just his horse eased up more than he thought it would.

If you look at the video,tricky vic is 2 lengths behind enhance your calm at the 150m,1 length at the 50m,then 1 1/2 at the finish.  Lotaauscle is 2 lengths behind at the 150m,a neck at the 50m,then a nose at the finish. The most telling observation was enhance your calm then pulled clear,together with lotamuscle,of the field and continued to do so after the finish.  The video doesn't have favourites,it tells its own story.   Lotamuscle not only caught mr purdon by surprise,but also caught the horse by surprise.

Fair enough. I saw it differently and having ridden and driven a few i know how they can pull themselves up in bad going  but go again should another horse come along side.

4 minutes ago, thrillsnspills said:

But I would have to say though the P Nairn trained lotamuscle was just as impressive how good is he with the square gaiter brilliant I would say.

One of the best and has been for many years. Learnt off the best and usually gets the best to steer them. Wonder how many DJB drove for him that saluted

Actually I sorta kinda agree, WAPost, my first thoughts were MarkP was caught by surprise, his horse was truckin and he thought he was sorted, by the time he realised it, and the horse responded to Mark it was too late, hey it was only the tip of the nose in it but there it is.....no conspiracies, sometimes yuh get that on the big jobs :rcfe-smile: jot that one down to a big fat BUGGGAAHHH!!!!

Cheers Iraklis

I see from AllStars site, Ultimate Sniper off to the Drs (Matamata) for a check up, in the run home he was skippin n hoppin the other night, precautionary measure just in case there is summit wrong there....

Cheers Iraklis

15 hours ago, Iraklis said:

I see from AllStars site, Ultimate Sniper off to the Drs (Matamata) for a check up, in the run home he was skippin n hoppin the other night, precautionary measure just in case there is summit wrong there....

Cheers Iraklis

From AS website

ULTIMATE SNIPER HEADS NORTH FOR ASSESSMENT -BUT NOTHING SERIOUS

Mark said Ultimate Sniper would be assessed by experts in the Waikato “just in case there is something bothering him”

“Nat said he just felt a couple of times in the Derby that he might do something wrong and he ran greenly in the straight. He is such a genuine horse you would worry that something might be bothering him and we might as well settle that straight away. How long he will be up there depends on what everges but it is a precautionary thing at this stage”

Ultimate Sniper comfortably won the NZ Derby on Friday and so any problem is likely to be minor. Better to know than not.

On 4/7/2019 at 12:01 PM, Newmarket RC said:

That does not surprise me one bit  CP and thanks for the update. Quite a few of those were group races  from memory

This many in fact - had a spare 20 minutes at work today..... Group and Listed races won with P Nairn as the trainer and D Butt as the driver. 

Race classification taken as of the time ie; NZ Trotting Derby was a G2 in 1995. 

NZ Wins only.

Group One

Inter Dominion Grand Final – Call Me Now (1995)

Dominion Handicap – Call Me Now (1995) & Stig (2008)

Rowe Cup – Stig (2013)

NZ Trotting FFA – Stig (2008)

National Trot – Stig (2012)

NZ Trotting Derby – Enthusiast (2000)

Northern Trotting Derby – Kahdon (2010)

4YO Ruby – Wilma’s Mate (2017)

2YO Ruby – One Over Da Moon (2013)

Group Two

NZ Trotting FFA – Call Me Now (1994 & 1995)

National Trot – Call Me Now (1995)

Canterbury Park Trotting Cup – Above The Stars (1995)

Cambridge Trotters’ Flying Mile – Call Me Now (1996) & Stig (2012)

NZ Trotting Derby – Above The Stars (1995)

Northern Derby – Above The Stars (1995) and Enthusiast (2000)

NZ Trotting Oaks – Wilma’s Mate – (2016)

NZ Sires’ Stakes Trotting Champs – Hoops (2004) & Kahdon (2010)

NZ 2YO Trotting Champs – Special Branch (1998)

Group Three

Canterbury Park Trotting Cup – Dr Hook (2010) & Stig (2008) & Call Me Now (1994)

Ashburton Trotters’ Flying Mile – Stig (2008)

City Of Sails Trotting FFA – Stig (2009)

Summer Trotting FFA – Stig (2012)

NZ 2YO Trotting Stakes – One Over Da Moon (2013)

Listed

Ashburton Trotters’ Flying Mile – Call Me Now (1994 & 1995)

DG Jones Banks Peninsula Trotting Cup – Call Me Now (1994) & Call You Later (2002)

Ordeal Trotting Cup – Musgrove (2011)

Hambletonian – Above The Stars (1995) & Now Another Look (1998)

NZ Sires’ Stakes 3YO Trotting Champs – Enthusiast (2000)

PGG Wrightson Yearling Sales 3YO Trotting Champs – Wilma’s Mate (2016)

NZ Sires’ Stakes 2YO Trotting Championship – Special Branch (1998) & Shine (1999)

19 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

This many in fact - had a spare 20 minutes at work today..... Group and Listed races won with P Nairn as the trainer and D Butt as the driver. 

Race classification taken as of the time ie; NZ Trotting Derby was a G2 in 1995. 

NZ Wins only.

Group One

Dominion Handicap – Call Me Now (1995) & Stig (2008)

Rowe Cup – Stig (2013)

NZ Trotting FFA – Stig (2008)

National Trot – Stig (2012)

NZ Trotting Derby – Enthusiast (2000)

Northern Trotting Derby – Kahdon (2010)

4YO Ruby – Wilma’s Mate (2017)

2YO Ruby – One Over Da Moon (2013)

Group Two

NZ Trotting FFA – Call Me Now (1994 & 1995)

National Trot – Call Me Now (1995)

Canterbury Park Trotting Cup – Above The Stars (1995)

Cambridge Trotters’ Flying Mile – Call Me Now (1996) & Stig (2012)

NZ Trotting Derby – Above The Stars (1995)

Northern Derby – Above The Stars (1995) and Enthusiast (2000)

NZ Trotting Oaks – Wilma’s Mate – (2016)

NZ Sires’ Stakes Trotting Champs – Hoops (2004) & Kahdon (2010)

NZ 2YO Trotting Champs – Special Branch (1998)

Group Three

Canterbury Park Trotting Cup – Dr Hook (2010) & Stig (2008) & Call Me Now (1994)

Ashburton Trotters’ Flying Mile – Stig (2008)

City Of Sails Trotting FFA – Stig (2009)

Summer Trotting FFA – Stig (2012)

NZ 2YO Trotting Stakes – One Over Da Moon (2013)

Listed

Ashburton Trotters’ Flying Mile – Call Me Now (1994 & 1995)

DG Jones Banks Peninsula Trotting Cup – Call Me Now (1994) & Call You Later (2002)

Ordeal Trotting Cup – Musgrove (2011)

Hambletonian – Above The Stars (1995) & Now Another Look (1998)

NZ Sires’ Stakes 3YO Trotting Champs – Enthusiast (2000)

PGG Wrightson Yearling Sales 3YO Trotting Champs – Wilma’s Mate (2016)

NZ Sires’ Stakes 2YO Trotting Championship – Special Branch (1998) & Shine (1999)

Group One

He was one of the best over quite a few years. Won just about everything