RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tripple alliance

Update April. John Allen

37 minutes ago, hedley said:

Management by crisis

More like “Management by Fear” as they sink the livelihood of those who depend on racing to make a living. Whilst those in charge of “Bullshit Castle” ponder their next spin, the players on the ground struggle. I would be embarrassed to admit To being an NZTR executive and how those higher in the chain can live with themselves and watch the Industry sink is beyond me. 

21 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

A person I was chatting to said “what’s equity?” 

I used the example that In 2017 the business I owned had net assets of $69.3 million and there were no borrowings.

In January 2019 that same business had net assets of $63.5 million but we now had bank borrowings of $25million

So not only had the value of the business gone backwards, it had also “mortgaged” itself up by a not inconsequential sum and was intending to get even deeper in debt.

The friend asked how borrowings would be repaid? Sadly the NZRB hasn’t publicly said how this will happen and most likely because it will be somebody else’s problem - Hughes, Allen et al will have moved on.

Winter is approaching Phantom.

IMG_3879.JPG

11 hours ago, Trump said:

More like “Management by Fear” as they sink the livelihood of those who depend on racing to make a living. Whilst those in charge of “Bullshit Castle” ponder their next spin, the players on the ground struggle. I would be embarrassed to admit To being an NZTR executive and how those higher in the chain can live with themselves and watch the Industry sink is beyond me. 

Well said Trump. 

23 hours ago, Trump said:

It's a job Trumpy, a very well paid one, end of.   When you have no empathy or connection with your consumer why care...??

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

It's a job Trumpy, a very well paid one, end of.   When you have no empathy or connection with your consumer why care...??

Is there no such thing as “Pride”. There’s a big difference between “Having a job” and “doing a job”. For the latter you need to know what the job at hand is and how to do that job. It’s quite obvious that some people are in the job for the wrong reasons and have no idea what is needed to be done and how it should be done. NZTR have a lot to answer for but just who do they answer to? 

2 hours ago, Trump said:

Is there no such thing as “Pride”. There’s a big difference between “Having a job” and “doing a job”. For the latter you need to know what the job at hand is and how to do that job. It’s quite obvious that some people are in the job for the wrong reasons and have no idea what is needed to be done and how it should be done. NZTR have a lot to answer for but just who do they answer to? 

Apparently not, although John Allen will probably send out a lovely email to staff now telling them to ignore the ignorants and "what a wonderful job you are all doing..." just like the last time someone had the temerity to question their competence.

Most of these people have never had, nor are likely to have, any significant relationship with racing or understanding of it.

Banking and running the Post Office apparently qualifies you....mind you the way the PO is going they are at least consistent.....:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Trump said:

Yes,  they do have a lot to answer for,  but I think you are confusing NZTR with the NZRB.

Different cattle.