Ohokaman

Vale Trevor McKee.....

30 posts in this topic

The ever so wonderful Mr True Gentleman of Racing Trevor's Celebration of life/ funeral is to be held on Thursday 11 April 2019 at 1pm, Ellerslie racecourse, Ellerslie, Auckland.

Would it be fitting to wear at least one of the Mckee family stable colours?

We are sure it'll be a day where many colourful stories are shared.

Trevor, one is still kicking oneself for not taking up the offer to have shares in Pay My Bail, a horse we both shared fun memories with from the moment you purchased it to it's racing career.

Other horses folk will recall include Ebony Honor, Interval, and sorry but can't recall without looking them up horses that raced in both NZ and across the ditch in Australia.

Does anyone recall which other horses he rode or trained in Australia, besides Sunline ?

Ahh, how many of you have a photograph alongside Trevor, Sticko, Claire Bird and Sunline in stable stall on raceday?

Treasure them because I sure will.

Other things of note to remember Trevor for include his diet of peas, the incredible promotions with Sunline including caps and posters and featuring on NZ Post Stamps just like Horlicks did.

Will always treasure his hugs & cheeky kisses!!

As a gesture to Trevor, it would be great if all racecourses he had horses race at to plant a tree or flowers, in fact, some racecourses including Ellerslie really must do something about there gardens and remember they were also set up for Memorial Gardens of those who contributed to racing and a place for peace and reflection for all people.

Rest in Peace Dearest Trevor, you will live on in our hearts for the positive contributions you have made to our lives x

Trevor John MCKEE

http://notices.nzherald.co.nz/obituaries/nzherald-nz/obituary.aspx?n=trevor-john-mckee&pid=192124320

Trevor John MCKEE

Notice Condolences

fb-icon.png?v=2
tw-icon.png?v=2
em-icon.png?v=2
pr-icon.png?v=2
Trevor John MCKEE Notice

MCKEE, Trevor John. 22nd September 1937 - 5th April 2019. Peacefully at his home after a short illness. Much loved husband of Noeline for 59 years. Loving and supportive father and father in law of Suzanne and Colin, Stephen and Fiona, Donna and John and a proud granddad to Brent and Emma, Daryl and Rosa, Jessica and Tane, Shannon and Thomas and great granddad of Chloe. A life well lived, you've earned your rest. Forever in our hearts. A memorial service to celebrate Trevor's life will be held in the Guineas Room at the Ellerslie Race Course on Thursday the 11th of April at 1pm. All message c/- [email protected]

logo

Published in The New Zealand Herald on Apr. 8, 2019

Trevor was a NZ gentleman and a fine example of racing’s achievers

i remember my filly Ma Danseuse winning at Te Rapa 20 + years ago He walked across the Kentucky Room to congratulate me I bought him a beer and we went back to his group of fellow trainers who remained silent about the filly

He was a man with manners much like his son Stephen 

May you Rest In Peace Trevor 

For those of you that couldn't go.There was many hundred people and maybe a thousand, that came from far and wide. Many of those faces you have seen on TV. Trainers, Owners and Jockeys.

The latter included Peter Johnson and daughter Daniielle (TJ's god-daughter) David Peake and notably Greg Childs made a pilgrimage there.

The brilliant George Simon officiated and people close to Trevor came forward and spoke.

There was music and laughter and a some held back tears.

George ended the service with a beautiful "Waiata"

We left proud that we knew a great man!

Claire Bird, Frank Ritchie & family, Roger Lang, Graeme Sanders and families were also there which was nice to see and catch up with, considering a couple of them have not been in the best of health.

Take care Graeme and Roger.

Nice tributes said by true loyal companions in the industry, including Thayne Green

Trevor would have kicked a couple of hanger ons out that were spotted however, they know who they are, such a shame they are still about.