RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Jo_Neilson

Is the studbook a mess?

I am wondering if anyone else is noticing huge holes in the studbook? I needed some information on a dam of a filly I need to sort out for TiES.

According to the studbook she has had 2 foals, but according to records elsewhere she has had 5 foals. The same goes for the microchip, thats also got a number transposed on the records compared to the one in her neck.

I dont usually have this much problem with thoroughbreds but I have seen first hand how messy other codes are (I cant elaborate further than this unfortunately). Does anyone else have similar problems cropping up from time to time?

Did she have foals in NZ and AUS? Often the NZ studbook just says this mare was at stud in Australia and you can check breeding record on studbook.org.au  - they just manage those bred here in NZ - I've not had a problem.