RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Newmarket RC

Easter Cup and Derby night

Great fields put together tonight at HQ. Money's up with some even fields at attack on the punt.

Best Easter Cup field for some time but as its a standing start with horses off multiple handicaps Lamb will no doubt have issues and race potentially turn in to a shambles.

The Sniper is once again all the rage at 1.32 but im looking to its stable mate to race well and its the value bet.

Was great to watch, and, and, I got alittle wayward on accounts of the mighty Spur won :rcf-happy-7: he fought for it, and just kept truckin yusssss!!!!! bit stink to see Enhance go down but not disgraced, but Turn It Up! what a yuh say :rcfe-happy-2: The Fixer was his honest self, great to see Sniper get his mind back on the job, all in all not a bad night for the mighty AllStars yeh boy....

Cheers Iraklis

True Iraklis, and i add one Change , not faced the conditions before but a gutsy win for his second ever start. Could be a real star. Our comments man  was full of praise for MM the commentator and how he justifies the "big bucks" hes paid by getting a very close finish correctly only to be followed 1 second later by the judge seeing it differently. lol. But a great night under the conditions.

Don't worry about the same ol' horses that went around last night in the same ol' fashion producing the same ol' results. A REAL star strutted his stuff around Addington for the first time last night. He went several seconds faster than anything on the night, never got out of second gear, and has potential star written all over

But not a mention from people who call themselves true fans of the game!

The only thing that stands between U May Collect and superstardom are a few soundness issues.

He is without a doubt the closest thing - in his action and ability - to his grandsire Christian Cullen, that I have ever seen!

He has the potential to be what the game has desperately needed for long time - a champion that doesn't wear the blue and grey!

4 minutes ago, JackSprat said:

Don't worry about the same ol' horses that went around last night in the same ol' fashion producing the same ol' results. A REAL star strutted his stuff around Addington for the first time last night. He went several seconds faster than anything on the night, never got out of second gear, and has potential star written all over

But not a mention from people who call themselves true fans of the game!

The only thing that stands between U May Collect and superstardom are a few soundness issues.

He is without a doubt the closest thing - in his action and ability - to his grandsire Christian Cullen, that I have ever seen!

He has the potential to be what the game has desperately needed for long time - a champion that doesn't wear the blue and grey!

He's a good horse but too early to be making predictions like this?

3 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Was great to watch, and, and, I got alittle wayward on accounts of the mighty Spur won :rcf-happy-7: he fought for it, and just kept truckin yusssss!!!!! bit stink to see Enhance go down but not disgraced, but Turn It Up! what a yuh say :rcfe-happy-2: The Fixer was his honest self, great to see Sniper get his mind back on the job, all in all not a bad night for the mighty AllStars yeh boy....

Cheers Iraklis

Welcome back Iraklis , you've been a bit quiet lately but a SS win was always going to see you reappear. Love it

Thanks Newmarket am back at last.....The Spur mate love him to bits he just tries his heart out :rcfe-happy-2: Marcoola really wasn't in it, bit hard for him without decent trials hitouts etc dare say he'll take great heart from his run last night, need to see the mighty speed demon back to his best....

Cheers Iraklis

Agree Jack Sprat. I thought action all over. missed last race. but..... wow indeed that was the time and performance on the slush for everyone to take notice..very sim to grandad CC from Graeme Pearsons family (oaxaca lad/lass etc)  exciting stuff. from a good sire with good % of winners (nek time 1.54, jos dream 1.55,my lucky belle 1.51,take to the sky etc) but great to see as you rightly say  ,not from rolleston,and not bred in clevedon, .wish I had him . perhaps could swap house in Whanganui for him . (only joking bit cold sleeping in stable):rcfe-money:

Its great to see a southland horse win so impressively, and also to see mr  Kilkelly as the owner.

Having said that,In my opinion some are getting carried away. The horse has been described by connections as a day to day proposition,with tendon trouble apparently twice ending previous preparations. It is trained on the beach,and conditions should have suited the other night,and it got the perfect run.  

I hope it stays sound so it has the chance to fulfill its potential,however I think it has a way to go to be described as the next big thing.

Ok ,glass half empty folks, a 5 year old with tendon trouble , easy to write off any chance of stardom. and only 3 lifetime starts .stupid I know but........... look at those starts 17 lengths winning margins in total. drivers never used whip , good fields . 1.52 1.55 .1,57 mrs. even CC didnot win 1st 3 starts. looks the part and 3 races in4 weeks the legs must be reasonable I would have thought.. I for 1 hope The Sprat is proved correct ,and UMC can become an unlikely star. How many wins in a row does he need to get everyone on board ? 

last night discussion re. UMay Cullect saw Tom Kilkelly put Mick Guerin in his place as Mick was saying the budding star could not possibly win a nz cup trained in the deep south !! Mr Kilkelly advised MG that the horse will never be sold (great) and the highway between Christchurch and Southland is now tarsealed (lol)so it will remain insafe southland hands. (Is MG just a JAFA or is he simply an arrogant P......k ? I think the latter.)At least they appear to read Race Cafe . ( as does The lovely Natalie no more "very much so"in any interviews.. since.)Go Tom and UMC. 

2 hours ago, eljay said:

Be kind to Michael.      He's not a JAFA!      He's not even a MAINLANDER.        A proud  WEST COASTER  :rcfe-nerd-1:    

Well he might have born there but departed decades ago. He is now the resident Trackside expert on  both Harness and TB if you watch his performances on BS and WI

O'Connor might be considered  a lot worse in many ways as he will never miss miss a chance to promote O'Connor enterprises  whether it be Golf events or pre Race meeting dinners etc where he is MC or guest speaker. It would only happen in NZ , can you imagine SKY racing allowing such individual promotion- nahhhhhhhhh

9 hours ago, john legend said:

last night discussion re. UMay Cullect saw Tom Kilkelly put Mick Guerin in his place as Mick was saying the budding star could not possibly win a nz cup trained in the deep south !! Mr Kilkelly advised MG that the horse will never be sold (great) and the highway between Christchurch and Southland is now tarsealed (lol)so it will remain insafe southland hands. (Is MG just a JAFA or is he simply an arrogant P......k ? I think the latter.)At least they appear to read Race Cafe . ( as does The lovely Natalie no more "very much so"in any interviews.. since.)Go Tom and UMC. 

Nz tab has U amy collect at $21 in the futures nz cup market.    Who would be silly enough to back it at that price. 

I heard the tom kilkelly interview. Pretty much performed as expected.He's is a typical southlander,very loyal.. I admire his approach to his racing interests.  

I didn't hear Michael Guerin say UMC couldn't possibly win the NZ Cup (when) trained in the deep south. 

He simply asked Tom how he would approach it; as in where would UMC be based.... Stay in Southland, commute or be based at a beach location (eg Woodend) for a month. 

Good on The Box Seat for giving it some air time, and big ups to Tom for going on the show and being interviewed. Was a good piece. Well worth missing out on Married At First Sight on the other channel. 

7 hours ago, Newmarket RC said:

Well he might have born there but departed decades ago. He is now the resident Trackside expert on  both Harness and TB if you watch his performances on BS and WI

O'Connor might be considered  a lot worse in many ways as he will never miss miss a chance to promote O'Connor enterprises  whether it be Golf events or pre Race meeting dinners etc where he is MC or guest speaker. It would only happen in NZ , can you imagine SKY racing allowing such individual promotion- nahhhhhhhhh

Greg is running the golf in conjunction with addington at no cost, I'm not sure about the pre jewels dinner but that is a met function. Both should be great functions so I look forward to seeing you there.

11 hours ago, westview said:

Greg is running the golf in conjunction with addington at no cost, I'm not sure about the pre jewels dinner but that is a met function. Both should be great functions so I look forward to seeing you there.

Been at the last 2 he was involved with at Templeton , no more for me and the sponsor i played with. Of course each to their own.