RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

NZTR Appointment

APPOINTMENT TO THE BOARD OF NEW ZEALAND THOROUGHBRED RACING

Experienced racing administrator and Chief Executive of the Cameron George is to join the New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing Board.

Mr George was appointed following interviews with the NZTR Members’ Council yesterday and will take up the role with effect from 1 May 2019.

He will replace board member Rodger Finlay who retired following the NZTR Annual General Meeting in 2018.

Mr George has previously served as NZTR’s Chief Stipendiary Steward, the Chief Executive of the Auckland Racing Club, and on the Board and as Chief Executive of the Vodafone Warriors.

On 4/4/2019 at 8:49 PM, Patiti said:

NZTR not the NZRB

Had plenty of chances to contribute to the industry esp from Ellerslie

Not much of a legacy from there.

Just another  little know it all from aus

Shows how little you know about Race Club Administration. The Club Board lays down the Strategy and the CEO executes it. ARC could teach a few other Clubs a lesson or two, despite a few hiccups along the way. Hardly fair to point the finger at Mr George! Your “anti-Aussie” sentiment says it all. It’s a pity NZ Racing isn’t anywhere near the shape that Aust Racing is. Roll on The Championships!

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Shows how little you know about Race Club Administration. The Club Board lays down the Strategy and the CEO executes it. ARC could teach a few other Clubs a lesson or two, despite a few hiccups along the way. Hardly fair to point the finger at Mr George! Your “anti-Aussie” sentiment says it all. It’s a pity NZ Racing isn’t anywhere near the shape that Aust Racing is. Roll on The Championships!

To be fair we must be getting Aussies seconds because he’s the only decent Apple we’ve received out of a bad crop.

On 4/4/2019 at 6:53 PM, poundforpound said:

He’s good

More talent coming through, slightly younger with far more vision.

Dean McKenzie, Jason Fleming, now Camo .... they’ll have the numbers for a clean out of the dead wood soon ....

Certainly a lot more than Vic and MIA

Cripes. I'm just catching up. Has the Members' Council had a collective brain fade appointing someone like CG? A broad understanding of the wider TR industry, ability to communicate with, understand and take on feedback from stakeholders at all levels, and a good bit of successful experience in racing and sports executive positions. Maybe they are losing it?

I agree the RIU initiative has not been the most successful, but CG got it done and we need to consider that its subsequent failures may be due to its operationalisation rather than the idea itself. Can't blame CG for that.

Agree with Leo. Great appointment (to the NZTR board Baz, not the NZRB one). Dean is on a leave of absence currently but there is a building weight of numbers on that board once he is back that might actually get NZTR doing something constructive instead of going off on a tangent closing venues ahead of the MAC and cabinet decisions on the Messiah report. I think I heard Dean on Weigh In saying something about a focus on the two Rs, reform and revenue. The first is really the implementation of the latter. If NZTR had been doing that for the last decade or so, we might be in a rather different position right now but they seem to have no intention of worrying about building revenue.

9 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Cripes. I'm just catching up. Has the Members' Council had a collective brain fade appointing someone like CG? A broad understanding of the wider TR industry, ability to communicate with, understand and take on feedback from stakeholders at all levels, and a good bit of successful experience in racing and sports executive positions. Maybe they are losing it?

I agree the RIU initiative has not been the most successful, but CG got it done and we need to consider that its subsequent failures may be due to its operationalisation rather than the idea itself. Can't blame CG for that.

Agree with Leo. Great appointment (to the NZTR board Baz, not the NZRB one). Dean is on a leave of absence currently but there is a building weight of numbers on that board once he is back that might actually get NZTR doing something constructive instead of going off on a tangent closing venues ahead of the MAC and cabinet decisions on the Messiah report. I think I heard Dean on Weigh In saying something about a focus on the two Rs, reform and revenue. The first is really the implementation of the latter. If NZTR had been doing that for the last decade or so, we might be in a rather different position right now but they seem to have no intention of worrying about building revenue.

Great post

Crap. Look at their operational performance not the playing side of things.

really? you follow league? he replaced one of the best around in Jim Doyle..and has made a mess of things since he been there.

getting rid of mason lino and then Shaun Johnson leaving the club with no playmakers.

aussie media have been having a field day over George over his amateurish mistakes not sure he is the answer for racing...