RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
crustyngrizzly

FORMER PM A WINNER?

1 hour ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Sir J Key in the ownership of WORD FOR WORD a winner at Randwick today?

If so good on him, his government did a lot for racing here while he was in charge so iam guessing his love for the sport continues. Was he not keen to race one here chasing 6250 bucks.

On 4/3/2019 at 6:38 PM, Red Rum said:

If so good on him, his government did a lot for racing here while he was in charge so iam guessing his love for the sport continues. Was he not keen to race one here chasing 6250 bucks.

Haha love the sarcasm, how bloody ironic that he is part of the Australian racing scene, because ours is doomed and he and his government did nothing to support it, just like the current government.

Rugby is the only sport that matters in this country !!

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 12:11 PM, Richmond Tiger said:

Bit harsh considering he donated a large percentage of his prime ministerial salary to charity each year 

how large would that be then?A portion' was the term used and then the rumour spread that he donated the...lot!

Does it matter ' how much' ?  that fact is that he did...which is more than most pollies of any persuasion.

And for the record,  I am not a partisan Nat voter...not at all...but I fail to see what it has to do with anyone what a retired Minister - of anything - does with their money?

1 hour ago, Pam Robson said:

Does it matter ' how much' ?  that fact is that he did...which is more than most pollies of any persuasion.

And for the record,  I am not a partisan Nat voter...not at all...but I fail to see what it has to do with anyone what a retired Minister - of anything - does with their money?

it matters, because it became an urban myth ,framing the former forex gambler as a generous person in the eyes of the voting public.$5 is still a 'portion'.Never would disclose what the 'portion' was!

2 hours ago, flockofewes2 said:

it matters, because it became an urban myth ,framing the former forex gambler as a generous person in the eyes of the voting public.$5 is still a 'portion'.Never would disclose what the 'portion' was!

Do you disclose what you spend yours on??? Just like asking how much James Cummings earns...it really is none of anyones business...JMO.

2 hours ago, Richmond Tiger said:

He never claimed to be 'generous'. All he said was that he would give a portion of his annual income to charity. You sound like the jealous type who likes to bring those with a bit of success down a peg or two to level the playing field..... you aren't Marama Davidson are you ? 

if pointing out facts equates with 'jealousy'...you would have a..point..however..

19 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

No I mean he can donate to whatever charity he wants to...and it is nobodies business but his...unless you care to tell us what you do with your OWN money as well???

But no , he would have needed to register that as PM , as he sets the policy of the country,  so conflicts of interest comes into it . I am speaking generally here not a particular PM. It was subject to at least one OIA request from a Google search.

To be fair Scooby iam not that bothered who or what or how much as any donations would have been scrutanised I would have thought as a matter of policy and accountability anyway.But a PM is in a completely different position to Joe or Joanne Public .

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

No I mean he can donate to whatever charity he wants to...and it is nobodies business but his...unless you care to tell us what you do with your OWN money as well???

Your comparing apples with oranges in that scenario. Someone running for public office stating something on the public record during and election campaign or just after is completely different to a private citizen. 

2 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Well Scooby I will tell you who I support, with as much as I possibly can.

It’s certainly not within a bull’s roar of what John Key gives to charity, but as a % of my little wealth, it’s probably OK.

Anyway, I invite anyone and everyone to check out the ‘Nelson Ark’ and the fantastic job they do for youth and dogs, it’s absolutely amazing.

Liz

P.S. Simply google them please