RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CBT

And the winner of the Doncaster is.............

#1 Hartnell 

Hugh Bowman - tick

Barrier 7 - tick

58 kilos - tick

Soft track - tick

4th run up & peaking - tick

Like the old warhorse Happer Clapper did last year I think Hartnell has been placed to perfection by Cummings. He hasn’t had the stuffing knocked out of him like most of the others running on heavy tracks in Sydney leading up to the race. A 3 week gap is perfect and he should get the perfect run from barrier 7 to win his handicap Group 1 and keep the roll going for Godolphin. B)

It’s paying $10. I would have thought it was a bit out of your price range? I like it’s chances as The Donnie favours those up the top, but waiting for track conditions closer. There’s a few dropping down in weight from past runs that might be worth a sniff. I was super keen on Fifty Stars until the horror Barrier Draw. Also, altho the class might be a bit rich, the Waller pair of I Am Serious and Unforgotten are at good odds.

2 hours ago, Trump said:

It’s paying $10. I would have thought it was a bit out of your price range? I like it’s chances as The Donnie favours those up the top, but waiting for track conditions closer. There’s a few dropping down in weight from past runs that might be worth a sniff. I was super keen on Fifty Stars until the horror Barrier Draw. Also, altho the class might be a bit rich, the Waller pair of I Am Serious and Unforgotten are at good odds.

Its gone...

56 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Its gone...

What’s gone? Not Hartnell’s price? It’s avail at $9 with Ladbrokes and with “boost” you can get $11 or $12. Or did you mean Hartnell’s gone?

8 hours ago, CBT said:

#1 Hartnell 

Hugh Bowman - tick

Barrier 7 - tick

58 kilos - tick

Soft track - tick

4th run up & peaking - tick

Like the old warhorse Happer Clapper did last year I think Hartnell has been placed to perfection by Cummings. He hasn’t had the stuffing knocked out of him like most of the others running on heavy tracks in Sydney leading up to the race. A 3 week gap is perfect and he should get the perfect run from barrier 7 to win his handicap Group 1 and keep the roll going for Godolphin. B)

Life Less Ordinary, top run in  big Flemington mile in Spring arguably slightly unlucky in running , backed up in soft few days  later and ran with credit , nice light weight , drawn midfield , top lightweight jock , couple nice quiet trials , 51.5 kgs 51s and 13s the place Ladbrokes looks handy value CBT , worth a gold coin ew imho .

Hartnell though , what a horse, he was beaten fav , 25 lengths behind the winner in  average York maiden in 2013, then won the Zetland over 10 furlongs at 2 , the Queens Vase over 2 miles at 3 and years later can still  run length third in Group 1 wfa over 7 furlongs .He's been handled so well for years , if Winx weren't there to beat him how good would his record look.He's a superstar I reckon.

59 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Life Less Ordinary, top run in  big Flemington mile in Spring arguably slightly unlucky in running , backed up in soft few days  later and ran with credit , nice light weight , drawn midfield , top lightweight jock , couple nice quiet trials , 51.5 kgs 51s and 13s the place Ladbrokes looks handy value CBT , worth a gold coin ew imho .

Hartnell though , what a horse, he was beaten fav , 25 lengths behind the winner in  average York maiden in 2013, then won the Zetland over 10 furlongs at 2 , the Queens Vase over 2 miles at 3 and years later can still  run length third in Group 1 wfa over 7 furlongs .He's been handled so well for years , if Winx weren't there to beat him how good would his record look.He's a superstar I reckon.

Agreed! Without Winx, Hartnell’s $ would have been tripled! 

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

He wants to have a wank about Brutal......he’s just stirring the pot....mind you Brutal is a serious chance so who knows 

I’ll go out on a limb here. Based on Brutal’s past performances, he’s the biggest “false Favourite” in history. As The Accurate One once said, “ KT can’t win”, I think that can be saved for Brutal in the Donnie. He “can’t win”. :) 

They do have a good record of bringing horses to Oz and winning first up for months, over 2000+ metres. Pretty clever - altho I do agree in general re your opinion of Oz v Poms. The trainer (Stable Foreman) I’m really impressed with in Oz is Paul Shailer, Foreman for Waller’s Gold Coast Stable. He produces the horses on race day in tip-top condition and has a very good strike rate. He’s one Kiwi that could go on.

16 hours ago, Trump said:

I was keen on Brutal Ernie until he drew the car park. Can’t see him winning from there. Also running a gut buster against Winx on a heavy track in the lead up is not ideal.

Hartnell will be coming into this on fresh legs with a 3 week gap after racing on good tracks in Melbourne. B)

11 hours ago, Red Rum said:

I couldn’t have Life Less Ordinary here Red Rum. 

Hartnell is what Hay List was to Black Caviar. There’s no Winx in this race though and finishing runner up to the second best horse in Australia at his previous start is good form for this. 

31 minutes ago, CBT said:

I was keen on Brutal Ernie until he drew the car park. Can’t see him winning from there. Also running a gut buster against Winx on a heavy track in the lead up is not ideal.

Hartnell will be coming into this on fresh legs with a 3 week gap after racing on good tracks in Melbourne. B)

You statement on Brutal makes little sense...had he drawn a barrier you would have still thought he was good enough even though he had a gut buster...how does that work???

12 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

You statement on Brutal makes little sense...had he drawn a barrier you would have still thought he was good enough even though he had a gut buster...how does that work???

Its gone...

7 hours ago, Trump said:

They do have a good record of bringing horses to Oz and winning first up for months, over 2000+ metres. Pretty clever - altho I do agree in general re your opinion of Oz v Poms. The trainer (Stable Foreman) I’m really impressed with in Oz is Paul Shailer, Foreman for Waller’s Gold Coast Stable. He produces the horses on race day in tip-top condition and has a very good strike rate. He’s one Kiwi that could go on.

Sure have. Note Cross Counter winning in Dubai in its first start since the Melbourne Cup....terrific performance.

19 hours ago, poundforpound said:

97% of horses improve when they leave the UK...because the modern day Australasian trainer is almost certainly far superior to his UK equivalent.

Your lot train them far too hard, you train the speed out of them, and the uphill training might mean you can race them less, and they’re fitter first up, but your techniques make them grind and lift their knees too much.

Stats suggest a decent Aussie trainer would be lengths ahead of his English equivalent.

Is it just Pom trainers Australasian trainers are far superior to , or all Pom based trainers . Are they ahead of European trainers as a whole ?

On 4/3/2019 at 4:56 PM, Trump said:

As is Shillelagh Trumpy.....as long as the track is better side of soft. The only downside is Williams riding it.....:rolleyes:

Interesting comments re the Tesla. Amazing what u can do when your car is priced 50% over priced! There are 19million cars in Oz but only 7000 are electric. You won’t get rich selling electric cars but they are quiet!

2 minutes ago, Trump said:

Interesting comments re the Tesla. Amazing what u can do when your car is priced 50% over priced! There are 19million cars in Oz but only 7000 are electric. You won’t get rich selling electric cars but they are quiet!

That's so you can hear the wife more clearly Trumpy.....:rolleyes:

On 4/3/2019 at 10:28 PM, Red Rum said:

Well I'd picked out Life Less Ordinary myself, but was ummming and ahhhing whether to actually have a bet or not. You've just made up my mind!!!

On 4/4/2019 at 9:46 AM, CBT said:

I couldn’t have Life Less Ordinary here Red Rum. 

Hartnell is what Hay List was to Black Caviar. There’s no Winx in this race though and finishing runner up to the second best horse in Australia at his previous start is good form for this. 

Well I'd picked out Life Less Ordinary myself, but was ummming and ahhhing whether to actually have a bet or not. You've just made up my mind!!!

45 minutes ago, Idolmite said:

Well I'd picked out Life Less Ordinary myself, but was ummming and ahhhing whether to actually have a bet or not. You've just made up my mind!!!

How much you putting on him Barry? 

I just got nabbed on the line with Mr Quickie :ph34r:

954D4E7C-703B-4940-9E0D-96C79BF2654A.jpeg