RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nelli

TAB to blame?

Is the TAB responsible for the restrictions in number of races this Friday? Can see reasonable when Auckland back to back with Cambridge but seems mad when neither club racing last week and only Auckland this week. Dozens of horses unable to race..

1 hour ago, Nelli said:

Is the TAB responsible for the restrictions in number of races this Friday? Can see reasonable when Auckland back to back with Cambridge but seems mad when neither club racing last week and only Auckland this week. Dozens of horses unable to race..

Are you referring to the Auck trots? There don't seem to be many ballots. The stakes seem ok so perhaps it is just for the better horses.

Nelli

What a very odd post.  Could you explain exactly how the TAB could possibly be to “Blame”?

Also is it possible that 9 races could be a Good Idea?  In such a case would you then look to sing the praises of the TAB - whether they were involved or not?

For many many years Internal Affairs controlled the number of races that could be run and many owners missed out on starts.  These times are generally referred to as the good old days. 

That was my question. Is it the TAB, club or HRNZ that  determines there will be fewer than usual races. Can see would be club when few nominations but can't see rationale in this case when no Northern races last week and just Auckland this week.

3 hours ago, Nelli said:

That was my question. Is it the TAB, club or HRNZ that  determines there will be fewer than usual races. Can see would be club when few nominations but can't see rationale in this case when no Northern races last week and just Auckland this week.

Its HRNZ who allocate dates for the season to clubs. and the clubs who decide their individual programs. Look at the Princess Tiffany debacle for the back up to my previous comments

The meeting is bulk funded for nine races.the club would have to want to spend the extra money.i had a couple miss out but to be fair this is not the norm.at least with more than 40 meetings a year we get plenty of chances. Certainly not ideal though. It's been tough for maidens at the park lately . Not many opportunities.