RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Yes I have been a bit grouchy lately... so much so that I missed congratulating you on your family’s fantastic win in Melbourne....don’t worry I saw it and was chuffed. 

Then I missed your birthday too. 

It’s the pressure of getting old.

Anyway, both you and I know that the Corcorans’ and us (you and me) go back a long way, so I am just stating a little bit of the disappointment that they meet year in year out with Zed. 

3 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

What an amazing stallion story. Leaves the Awapuni Gold Cup winner and the Vinery winner today. Pretty good when crossed with Clydesdales as well.

They say he spent abit of time in the south serving station mares, I think st reims was down there with him, great story, I think he had the odd one in the south island sales a year or two ago.

4 hours ago, elvis said:

The Zed season is starting up. Great stalliion

Yes very true Elvis.. he's got a few good winter horses and jumpers around too.   Versatile stallion but I think the common thread is resilience and guts, they are gutsy and honest.  They'll run a true race.  

I have been a huge fan of Verry Elleegant and when she made her debut at Te Rapa in July last year wrote:

R2    VERRY ELEEGANT   $33.00FF

This filly is a full sister to Verry Flash who has won two of his last three starts by big margins and finishing second in the other. She trialed up very nicely for second without any pressure put on her at Avondale last month. She may well be like her brother and prefer a heavy track and she takes on a couple of smart ones who have won races but at big odds in the small field and from the ace draw she could well surprise and if you took the fixed odds place odds at $5.00 they pay out on three placings whereas the tote only on the first two.

She flashed home for second paying $6.80 for second. 

Start two I wrote :

R3    13   VERRY ELLEEGANT   $3.00FF

She is a full sister to Verry Flash who has won five of his last six starts with a second in the mix also. I made this filly my odds runner at Te Rapa when she made her debut at $33FF and she stormed home for second behind Cyber Attack paying $6.80 for the place. Cyber Attack franked the form with a very good third in a nice 3yo race at Te Rapa last week. Verry Elleegant’s second had followed a trial run where she finished second with gas in the tank which had impressed me. Everyone saw the run at Te Rapa and she will be at very much reduced odds than when she made her debut. The 1400m should suit her and she can hit the line strongly over these in the run home to make it a nice brother and sister double for the weekend.

When she bolted in that day with an top class display you knew she was special. 

So very pleased to see her win that G1 race today and thank goodness she is no longer with Darren Weir. Should never in a million years have backed her up in the VRC Oaks last November. 

Had the pleasure to meet Don at Te Rapa last year on a day that Verry Flash won, and he said then that the younger one coming through was even better. He got that right! 

Well done to get the big sale but still be in the ownership. Special horse.

Verry Flash May not have achieved his Auck Cup mission but he is verry good too.

11 hours ago, rdytdy said:

I have been a huge fan of Verry Elleegant and when she made her debut at Te Rapa in July last year wrote:

This filly is a full sister to Verry Flash who has won two of his last three starts by big margins and finishing second in the other. She trialed up very nicely for second without any pressure put on her at Avondale last month. She may well be like her brother and prefer a heavy track and she takes on a couple of smart ones who have won races but at big odds in the small field and from the ace draw she could well surprise and if you took the fixed odds place odds at $5.00 they pay out on three placings whereas the tote only on the first two.

Start two I wrote :

She is a full sister to Verry Flash who has won five of his last six starts with a second in the mix also. I made this filly my odds runner at Te Rapa when she made her debut at $33FF and she stormed home for second behind Cyber Attack paying $6.80 for the place. Cyber Attack franked the form with a very good third in a nice 3yo race at Te Rapa last week. Verry Elleegant’s second had followed a trial run where she finished second with gas in the tank which had impressed me. Everyone saw the run at Te Rapa and she will be at very much reduced odds than when she made her debut. The 1400m should suit her and she can hit the line strongly over these in the run home to make it a nice brother and sister double for the weekend.

So very pleased to see her win that G1 race today and thank goodness she is no longer with Darren Weir. Should never in a million years have backed her up in the VRC Oaks last November. 

Great filly TED : And of course she was the filly that won me the most points in the Des Coppin's Melbourne Cup play off competition at Ruakaka 12 August 2018.

I heard you on Des' show this morning and how right you were about her VRC Oaks start.

I have a cam video I took of her being saddled up by Darren prior to the Oaks.... and she was more fractious than she had ever been.I agree with your comments. She was over cooked , and she raced accordingly.

It is extraordinary that she has come back so well  this autumn. 

Verry Ellegant Oaks 2018.jpg

13 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Yes very true Elvis.. he's got a few good winter horses and jumpers around too.   Versatile stallion but I think the common thread is resilience and guts, they are gutsy and honest.  They'll run a true race.  

I've got a share in one and she is just starting to wind up now called Mizzena. She has a very determined attitude. Here's hoping!

19 minutes ago, Insider said:

Ruby, I have had “a walk in” with the foal in tow from Waikato to Manawatu and back on the day. It was no problem. 

Good to know thanks

On ‎03‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 11:15 PM, rdytdy said:

Start two I wrote :

What a great  win today in the AJC Oaks by this great filly today. :rcfe-like: I always knew she would get the distance as I said to Des Coppins on the radio following the Vinery win. Do I now start dreaming of a Cox Plate start for her in the Spring. :rcf-happy-7:

3 minutes ago, flockofewes2 said:

the good thing about Zed is he proves that even if he couldn't run out of sight on a dark..night..bloodlines ..prevail.

If you look at the real champions of racing,very few of the greats are from top fee stallions.

Chipped in with a winner of a country cup at Ararat today too.